Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2018, 08:51 AM   #1041
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Rumors are now that Qatar have offered Zidane 200 MILLION EUROS! to coach Qatar in their home world cup.

https://www.football-espana.net/7189...ane-200m-offer

France can wait.
Wow, that is more than most players' career earnings for a couple months' worth of work.

I'd take that.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:36 AM   #1042
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Madrid supposedly signing Rodrygo, another Brazilian 17 year old for upwards of 50 million dollars. He will join Vinicius Jr as Madrid’s second 50 million Brazilian teenager. I really really like Rodrygo, most potential I’ve seen in a Brazilian youngster since Neymar but I do not agree with this move. The pressure of Madrid is more intense then anywhere and I do not think it’s a healthy place to develop as a footballer. We will see how it goes (some will get this pun)
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 01:20 PM   #1043
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I mean they bought Vinicius and they're letting him play and develop in Brazil. So what's the problem?
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 01:37 PM   #1044
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
I mean they bought Vinicius and they're letting him play and develop in Brazil. So what's the problem?
My guess is it's because he didn't sign for Barcelona.

Really though I think they would be crazy to bring him over and put him into the squad right away.

I'd loan each of them back to their Brazillian teams for one more year, then would see if there is a mid-table team in Spain that would want to take them on loan for a year (RCD Espanyol always seem to be open to taking Madrid youngsters on loan).

Then bring them over once they are 20 years old.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 06-07-2018 at 01:40 PM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 01:42 PM   #1045
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like Ronaldo is playing hardball with RM. He and 'Papa Flo' dont seem to be getting along.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 06-07-2018, 01:43 PM   #1046
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
My issue isn’t that they didn’t sign for Barcelona. I’m indifferent as I’m neither a Barcelona or Madrid fan. My profile just has Ronny in a Barca jersey.

The problem I see is that even when they are 21-22 those teams and their fan bases can be toxic for a young player. I see a situation where both could be rushed into the spotlight, Vinicius isn’t ready to play for Madrid but I’ve seen reports that Madrid want to possibly see him in the first team next year. If either struggle their first season or longer the fans will be calling for them to be sold and this could be detrimental to a young players psyche. Neymar didn’t make the switch until he was 21 and he was better than both and he still took a season to adapt to the league and Barcelona. Making the switch from the Brazilian league to La Liga is like going from the ECHL to the NHL, I hope Madrid has patience with them but I am not sold
That they will. This is a different strategy being used by Madrid, trying to get galacticos before them become stars, in order for this they need to develop them and again I’m not convinced they will have the patience because of the 100 million dollar investment.

I would of prefered both to stay in Brazil until they are in their early 20’s, start playing for Brazil and prove their quality to European teams and then move over when they are mature enough. This worked for Neymar as he was not physically ready to play in Europe until he was in his twenties and again he was better than both. The pressure is now even greater on Vinicius and Rodrygo I’m Brazil because they know Madrid is watching and have invested a substantial amount of money in them.

Last edited by Beninho; 06-07-2018 at 02:16 PM.
Old 06-07-2018, 02:07 PM   #1047
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Looks like Ronaldo is playing hardball with RM. He and 'Papa Flo' dont seem to be getting along.
Maybe it's just time.
Old 06-07-2018, 02:17 PM   #1048
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Maybe it's just time.
I kind of think it's time.

He's 33 years old, has been there for 9 seasons now, has 120 more goals than anybody else in Real Madrid history, 2 La Liga Titles, and 5 CL wins at Madrid.

Think he should go somewhere else and face a new challenge. (I feel like Messi should leave Barcelona too but I'm probably the minority on that one).
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 02:21 PM   #1049
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
I kind of think it's time.

He's 33 years old, has been there for 9 seasons now, has 120 more goals than anybody else in Real Madrid history, 2 La Liga Titles, and 5 CL wins at Madrid.

Think he should go somewhere else and face a new challenge. (I feel like Messi should leave Barcelona too but I'm probably the minority on that one).
I'd agree with you, but hes still their best player.

Old 06-07-2018, 02:21 PM   #1050
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

one of his CL wins is from United. A succession plan needs a push. They'll never replace him but maybe it's better to rip the band-aid off and get into the next phase. It's going to be some dark years for Madrid.

I mean, relative Madrid dark, not like Sunderland dark.
Old 06-07-2018, 02:24 PM   #1051
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I'd agree with you, but hes still their best player.
There's no doubt. But he pulls this #### every year now and he's a cloud over the club at this point. The end is coming, but he's clearly too good to allow a real replacement plan to start happening. It's a bad spot that's come during a ridiculous string of success.

I guess this is where the team starts paying the bill on all those trophies. At least Perez has had some foresight on this and has started building young, and Spanish, throughout the middle and back. The goals though. Maybe Asensio takes the next leap, but there's going to be a lot of missing goals.
Old 06-07-2018, 07:14 PM   #1052
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is vinicius coming this year? I know hes 18 but i thought he was loaned again for 1 more season
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:32 PM   #1053
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
Is vinicius coming this year? I know hes 18 but i thought he was loaned again for 1 more season
He’s going to be joining Madrid for Pre-season last I read. He could be loaned back but I believe it’s up to Madrid if they loan him back or not. In my opinion he is not ready for Madrid so I hope they make the right decision.

Last edited by Beninho; 06-07-2018 at 07:36 PM.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:31 AM   #1054
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.mirr...l-12666242.amp

Well I guess it’s pretty much done from all reports. Rodrygo is by far the best young Brazilian player I’ve seen since Neymar. He’s 17 and has only been playing first team football for half a season but his explosiveness and dribbling is really special. He’s been getting better and better in every match and was tearing up my Corinthian side a couple days ago. He’s better than Vinicius in my opinion and this could be an amazing investment for Madrid. I hope they develop him wisely because he is the future of Brazilian football. He won’t turn 18 until January.

https://youtu.be/7pRf95R3E4s

Here’s a highlight comp

Last edited by Beninho; 06-08-2018 at 09:33 AM.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:44 AM   #1055
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Palermo up 1-0 on Venezia in the Serie B playoff semi. 1-1 on aggregate with Palermo having the away goal in the 1st leg. Forza Palermo!
White Out 403 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 12:18 PM   #1056
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Venezia with a red card!

Palermo wins on aggregate 2-1 and advance to the final for the last promotion spot

Last edited by White Out 403; 06-10-2018 at 12:34 PM.
White Out 403 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:25 PM   #1057
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
He’s going to be joining Madrid for Pre-season last I read. He could be loaned back but I believe it’s up to Madrid if they loan him back or not. In my opinion he is not ready for Madrid so I hope they make the right decision.
Ya hes 18 this summer so hes is officially a madrid player now, or in July i think, but the rumor was he is going to be loaned out, i dont think back to brazil though, ive seen maybe portugal
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:36 PM   #1058
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've seen rumors he's going back to Flamengo for the next la liga season. Who knows.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:59 PM   #1059
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I've seen rumors he's going back to Flamengo for the next la liga season. Who knows.
I doubt he goes back to Brazil, had like a whole farewell ceremony in his last game. I’d like to see him loaned to Porto or a team like that, kind of how Casemiro was.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:04 PM   #1060
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
I doubt he goes back to Brazil, had like a whole farewell ceremony in his last game. I’d like to see him loaned to Porto or a team like that, kind of how Casemiro was.
https://en.as.com/en/2018/06/11/foot...72_488489.html

No European clubs. It's Madrid or Brazil. I doubt he'll be sticking in Madrid. I don't know how Castilla factors into this, but I'm sure Madrid would rather have him at Flamengo over Castilla.