Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-22-2019, 07:20 PM   #7381
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Absolutely not. Safeway donuts are just awful IMO. Slightly better than Tim Hortons but still very bad.
This is literally the worst take you’ve ever had, and I stand by that with confidence.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2019, 07:24 PM   #7382
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
This is literally the worst take you’ve ever had, and I stand by that with confidence.
Working to confirm....
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2019, 09:04 PM   #7383
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
The KK donuts in Calgary tasted like the ones I had in the US. The problem was that everybody expected some sort of transcendental experience due to the hype.
To add to that- the other issue was they never ended up building more than one store. Instead they boxed them up and sold them around the city at Walmart and gas stations. So they were never fresh; at least not as fresh as they should have been. I still think with another location on MacLeod that was accessible northbound, they would have been able to make it here. (As long as they also didn't try to sell their product in random locations.

And to add to the Safeway donut debate- it really depends on the store. 130th ave is terrible, but Kensington is way better.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 09:09 PM   #7384
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
To add to that- the other issue was they never ended up building more than one store.
The location of that one was horrible too. Wasn't particularly on a main drag, and wasn't in the mall either. Once the novelty wore off it just wasn't accessible enough IMO.

If you threw that in something like Royal Oak, Deerfoot Meadows, or Chinook, Sunridge today I think it would do a lot better.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 09:24 PM   #7385
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
And to add to the Safeway donut debate- it really depends on the store. 130th ave is terrible, but Kensington is way better.
I’ve noticed the same. The Beltline location had a wide variety of donuts that had great taste and texture, but down in Ogden they only had basic ones and they weren’t as tasty.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 12:14 AM   #7386
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by llwhiteoutll View Post
Elevator "etiquette".

When the elevator arrivers and you're the closest, get on. It doesn't make you a bad person if you get on before a woman does. You also don't get bonus points for standing so that other people can't get on either.

And don't hold the door for the person who is across the lobby but looks like they might want to get on. There are ten of the things, chances are they will be able to get on one within a few seconds of yours leaving.
I see this hear grinder come up here often. I live in a part of the world where it is etiquette to allow ladies and the elderly to enter and exit first, and I have never ever thought it caused any kind of measurable delay. Maybe the problem is where people just don’t know what to do.

Holding the door for someone who is trying to catch the elevator is polite though IMO.
Strange Brew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 12:18 AM   #7387
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
To add to that- the other issue was they never ended up building more than one store. Instead they boxed them up and sold them around the city at Walmart and gas stations. So they were never fresh; at least not as fresh as they should have been. I still think with another location on MacLeod that was accessible northbound, they would have been able to make it here. (As long as they also didn't try to sell their product in random locations.

Kensington is my go to location and they're excellent. Perhaps not all locations are operating under the same practice. Maybe they're fried on site in some, and delivered to others.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:21 AM   #7388
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Strongly disagree. You ever had a Safeway Boston cream? The custard is almost sour and very off-putting. And I just find that the dough is a little too dense for my liking.

But maybe ken0042 is right and it varies from location-to-location, although I think the bakery at my local Safeway is pretty good. I like their cheese and pizza buns quite a lot. But the donuts are just bad.
TheScorpion is online now   Reply With Quote