Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2016, 10:20 PM   #1181
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

What was the rumours that Cersei's maester was referring to?
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 10:21 PM   #1182
Kavvy
Self Imposed Exile

Exp:

Arya's story-line the last 2 episodes has had terrible writing, however, everything else seems good (Blackfish dying seemed more of just not wanting to juggle another Actor onset -otherwise go help Sansa you twit).

Arya acts totally not like herself to get stabbed in the gut (careless), runs laps around the city as she is healing and takes on the Waif because the Waif can't fight in the dark better then Arya as Arya was blind for a couple weeks? The Waif has most likely had years and years of combat training, and the blind factor seemed like a Faceless men right of passage.

Faceless-men then just say "ok, you can go and be a Stark", because, why?

Saving grace would maybe be that this is the most complicated trap ever set-up by Arya to get the Waif in the chamber with Needle... but that is possibly worse writing?

/Dumb rant.

Last edited by Kavvy; 06-12-2016 at 10:26 PM.
Kavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 10:21 PM   #1183
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
The Waif was channeling her inner T-1000 throughout the chase scene.

Hilarious. That's exactly what went through my head watching it. I was calling her Terminator Waif.
Drak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Drak For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2016, 10:28 PM   #1184
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Probably half the budget went solely to next week's episode. Going to be ridiculous.

Loved seeing the Hound hacking people down again. And the BWB. I'm going to assume Jamie won't allow the Tullies to go north to aid the Starks since the Bolton rule is under Lannister/royal decree.. But Edmure did manage to spare his people.

I'm noticing that we've been cheated of some key violent events lately. Conflicts with the sparrows and the blackfish were defused. Stannis, Waif and Blackfish deaths were all offscreen. Yup....the BotB is going to need to bring the bloodshed to make up for it. Perhaps culminating in the brutal death of Ramsay?
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 10:28 PM   #1185
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
What was the rumours that Cersei's maester was referring to?
My guess is that there's a massive cache of Wildfire under the Great Sept.

When Jaime told Brienne about killing the King, he mentioned that the Mad King had Wildfire stashed all over the city and was calling for it to be ignited when Jaime killed him. One of the locations mentioned was under the Great Sept. If he told Brienne that story, he certainly told Cersei too.

In Bran's vision, he saw a large amount of Wildfire being ignited, and that was one of the few shots in that vision that we haven't already seen on the show.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:29 PM   #1186
Canuck-Hater
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
Bring on the Snow Bowl

Doesn't look like Jon Snow and his army will prevail judging from the trailer. Ugh I hate Ramsay. Here's a theory The Knights of the Vale come to Jon Snow's rescue? that would be neat.

Last edited by Canuck-Hater; 06-12-2016 at 10:32 PM.
Canuck-Hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 10:34 PM   #1187
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Yeah likely. But not to worry..just before Ramsay is about to become the most despised character in television history, the knights of the Vale and Pedo Baelish will arrive to save their bacon.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:47 PM   #1188
gottabekd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavvy View Post
Arya's story-line the last 2 episodes has had terrible writing, however, everything else seems good (Blackfish dying seemed more of just not wanting to juggle another Actor onset -otherwise go help Sansa you twit).

Arya acts totally not like herself to get stabbed in the gut (careless), runs laps around the city as she is healing and takes on the Waif because the Waif can't fight in the dark better then Arya as Arya was blind for a couple weeks? The Waif has most likely had years and years of combat training, and the blind factor seemed like a Faceless men right of passage.

Faceless-men then just say "ok, you can go and be a Stark", because, why?

Saving grace would maybe be that this is the most complicated trap ever set-up by Arya to get the Waif in the chamber with Needle... but that is possibly worse writing?

/Dumb rant.
I was really hyped for Arya's story resolution, but leave underwhelmed. For the past two seasons, I've found it a little interesting, but also a little unsure in its delivery. I was willing to forgive some missteps for a satisfying conclusion, but didn't really get it. I read all the theories online about what Arya was up to. One thing that I never considered for a second was that she was actually just dumb enough to wander around unsuspiciously (and without Needle), and let herself get stabbed by a face changing assassin that she knew would be after her.

In the end though, it concluded in the only way it could have. Arya Stark is heading back to Westeros. I won't be too keen in re-watching the Arya in Braavos storyline because it seems there is nothing really to get. Arya joins some mysterious assassin group as a trainee, doesn't obey commands very well, betrays her commands one last time, barely survives, and then leaves them. I was hoping that there would be more to get, but apparently not. I hope she at least stole some faces off the wall that will come in handy in her future endeavours. But they didn't show any hint of that, so apparently we can't even have fun with that.
gottabekd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 10:53 PM   #1189
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Never been a fan of Arya's storyline, kind of considered it that excess fat of the show and never had high expectations for some kind of payoff. So I can let the bad writing go as long as they deliver the goods on the other/major storylines.

Arya's been inconsequential to the larger picture pretty much since she took off from King's Landing..maybe she takes out one major player before all's said and done. But that won't be enough to justify following her through all of that..

Last edited by djsFlames; 06-12-2016 at 10:55 PM.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:08 PM   #1190
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Award for most fan-theory deaths goes to Season 6 Episode 8.
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Looch City For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2016, 11:20 PM   #1191
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
Never been a fan of Arya's storyline, kind of considered it that excess fat of the show and never had high expectations for some kind of payoff. So I can let the bad writing go as long as they deliver the goods on the other/major storylines.

Arya's been inconsequential to the larger picture pretty much since she took off from King's Landing..maybe she takes out one major player before all's said and done. But that won't be enough to justify following her through all of that..
It'll all be worth it once she murders the #### out of Littlefinger.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:44 PM   #1192
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Her inner Homer

Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2016, 12:23 AM   #1193
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well I liked the episode (don't like that apparently Arya isn't as smart as I thought), but I would have liked to see Arya actually fight, especially considering we saw no combat from the Blackfish scene.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 12:43 AM   #1194
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
What were the rumours that Cersei's maester was referring to?
fyp. Sorry..dat grammar tho...

I'm hoping it's getbak's post. That would be a hell of a way to exact revenge for Cersei.
Old 06-13-2016, 12:49 AM   #1195
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, guess I'm going to be that guy. Terrible episode.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2016, 12:57 AM   #1196
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

That episode had some great scenes. I particularly liked everything between Brienne, Jaime and the Blackfish.
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Party Elephant For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2016, 01:05 AM   #1197
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

That episode left me wanting. The many faced god lets Aryia walk? I guess he'll get the face later than sooner. No rush, do what you gotta do.

A bunch of pride leads to stupidity for the Blackfish. I like that Jaime makes it perfectly clear he'll do anything for his sister including things that make him evil. I liked that move on Edmuir really, flex your will on the meek to get what you want.

Cersei's screwed, she's going to go nuclear before the season is out. No trial by combat? fine. The mountain's going to go off on all your skulls. Including tommens, even against her will.

Hated how Daenerys just rolls in right as the slavers come, and I assume she flew well ahead of her Dothraki horde. Plus side, her ships have just been gifted to her. Whole thing seems too rushed.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 06:50 AM   #1198
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Exactly what I was thinking!
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 07:21 AM   #1199
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought part of the point of not showing the battle was to make us wonder if it was really Aryia or the Waif who came out alive, and that maybe it wasn't Aryia going home, but the Waif wearing Aryia's face. Since no one else is saying this, I guess I am way off base.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 07:22 AM   #1200
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Well, guess I'm going to be that guy. Terrible episode.
It was a mid season filler episode like we see often in TWD. Some good parts, some slow, and I just couldn't buy Aryia being healed so fast after being stabbed multiple times in the abdomen. She probably should be dying of internal bleeding.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote