Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Donald Trump's first 100 days have been a success.
Agree 45 11.00%
Not sure 22 5.38%
Disagree 342 83.62%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 06:34 AM   #5201
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
·
8m

The Fake News Media hates when I use what has turned out to be my very powerful Social Media - over 100 million people! I can go around them
Lol
Im sure all republicans agree with him.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:15 AM   #5202
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Donny could have just shortened that to how he hates the Fake Media and leave it at that.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:32 AM   #5203
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

I look forward to his meltdown every morning now.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

I am being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director! Witch Hunt
6:07 AM · Jun 16, 2017
Old 06-16-2017, 07:35 AM   #5204
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

He could fire him if he wanted to. You know he really wants to. I suspect this wouldn't have happened if he didnt sell him down the river and just stuck to the script on the reasons that Comey was fired.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:35 AM   #5205
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

And didn't Trump tell Lester Holt in his interview that it was his choice, he was going to fire Comey anyway? Now somebody told him to?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2017, 08:07 AM   #5206
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Every day, Trump proves beyond any doubts, that he is vastly unqualified for the job he is in.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:24 AM   #5207
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Meuller Special Counsel investigation expands 13 lawyers on top of the 5 prosecutors already hired.

Quote:
(CNN)Special counsel Robert Mueller has brought 13 lawyers on board to handle the Russia investigation, with plans to hire more, according to his spokesman Peter Carr.

Mueller has assembled a high-powered team of top investigators and leading experts, including seasoned attorneys who've represented major American companies in court and who have worked on cases ranging from Watergate to the Enron fraud scandal.

Among them are James Quarles and Jeannie Rhee, both of whom Mueller brought over from his old firm, WilmerHale. He's also hired Andrew Weissmann, who led the Enron investigation.
"That is a great, great team of complete professionals, so let's let him do his job," former independent counsel Kenneth Starr, who investigated President Bill Clinton in the 1990s, told ABC News.
While only five attorneys have been identified, concerns have come up over the political leanings of Quarles, Rhee and Weissmann. They have donated overwhelmingly to Democrats, totaling more than $53,000 since 1988, according to a CNN analysis of Federal Election Commission records.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/16/politi...ers/index.html
The Following User Says Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2017, 08:44 AM   #5208
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Who is Trump referring to with that tweet? Rosenstein? Rosenstein didn't tell Trump to fire the FBI director, his memo only contained criticisms of Comey. And Rosenstein appointed the special counsel but isn't actively investigating. I guess chalk it up to Trump's tenuous grasp of facts.

But him saying that makes it even more likely Rosenstein will have to recuse himself, if the investigation is looking into obstruction about Comey's firing, and Trump says Rosenstein told him to fire Comey, then Rosenstein has to recuse doesn't he?
Old 06-16-2017, 08:49 AM   #5209
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
Meuller Special Counsel investigation expands 13 lawyers on top of the 5 prosecutors already hired.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/16/politi...ers/index.html
That's getting to be one hell of a witch hunt!

It almost seems like there might be something to this Russia business after all.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:59 AM   #5210
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie View Post
That's getting to be one hell of a witch hunt!

It almost seems like there might be something to this Russia business after all.
The fascinating thing to me is that they have hired lawyers with deep involvement in tracking hard to track money trails.

Enron, organized crime in Europe, etc.

I can't help but wonder if the ultimate take down will be related to results from those investigations.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IliketoPuck For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2017, 09:31 AM   #5211
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

It wouldn't be surprising to find some really shady connections to Trump or Jared. Jared it would be a problem because he's not above prosecution, but Trump's either not able to be indicted or enough people think the law leans that way as to make no difference, and I doubt shady financial connections would be enough to get Trump impeached by the Republican house let alone 2/3rds of the senate to decide to remove him from office.

It's just hilarious that Trump was so adamant on getting people to confirm he wasn't under investigation that he did things that actively put him under investigation.

He's created 95% of this all by himself, if he'd have just shut up and left it alone there wouldn't even be a special counsel.

They always say "it's not the crime but the cover-up that gets you", it would be very Trump to be taken out by a cover-up that wasn't covering anything real up.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2017, 09:37 AM   #5212
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trump appears to be attacking Rosenstein now after he previously told Sessions to get Rosenstein to draft justification for the dismissal of Comey.

Rosenstein is a Trump appointee, and is in charge of the Russian investigation because Sessions had to recuse himself.
Rosenstein is the only person who can fire Mueller, and Rosenstein has indicated that he will not.
Trump is now attacking Rosenstein, which likely means Trump wants to get rid of Rosenstein, in order to get rid of Mueller.
Queue Saturday Night Massacre part deux.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:38 AM   #5213
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

The serious possibility is being raised that Rosenstein may become a witness in the investigation (for his part of Comey's firing) and would need to recuse himself from overseeing the case. Oversight would then fall to Associate Attorney General Rachel Brand, who, unlike Rosenstein, Democrats had serious concerns about her during confirmation hearings (specifically that her history at the Chamber of Commerce made her very pro-corporation in a position that would oversee antitrust, tax, and environmental matters).
Old 06-16-2017, 10:17 AM   #5214
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2017, 10:50 AM   #5215
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lol, he's really grasping at straws here.

Old 06-16-2017, 10:55 AM   #5216
Rubicant
First Line Centre

Exp:

#fakepolls
Old 06-16-2017, 11:04 AM   #5217
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
northcrunk made a trip to the US recently

https://twitter.com/sam_kriss/status/874019528925171712
Really? I'm a NAZI now? Get a life. I'm married to a non-white woman and have mixed race kids. Leftist loser.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:24 AM   #5218
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
Really? I'm a NAZI now? Get a life. I'm married to a non-white woman and have mixed race kids. Leftist loser.
Not a nazi, just some weird ass memelord/####bird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2017, 11:30 AM   #5219
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Anyhow, Republicans continue to hitch their wagon to the administration and go all Iraqi minister of information regarding the probe

Quote:
“It's a sleight-of-hand thing,” said one source. “They're adding the staff anyway. It had nothing to do with the Russia investigation.”

The committee has 13 slots for staffers who can access sensitive classified material turned over to Congress for the Russia investigation, the sources said — eight Republican staffers and five Democratic staffers. These numbers have not changed.

The committee could hire even more staffers “and say they're for the Russia investigation,” the source quipped, “but they're not, because they can't review any of the documents.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...blicans-239635
Old 06-16-2017, 11:36 AM   #5220
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Closed Thread

Tags
america first=loss , healthcare=loss , so much winning... , thats damn good covfefe , there will be tweetstorms