Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-12-2017, 10:25 AM   #6701
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTeeks View Post

Not the Oilers, Bob.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2017, 10:30 AM   #6702
Major Major
First Line Centre

Exp:

Stauffer, Principe, Jones, Spector... It is really amusing that most of Oilers media go beyond being simply bad at their jobs. It's not even just incompetence, that is to say. Nope, they are caricatures of just how comically awful someone could be at their jobs. It's like a Christopher Guest movie.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:31 AM   #6703
greyshep
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Oh my god is that ever lame. Is there any doubt that Oilers media is the worst in all of sports? They should at the very least strive for some small shred of professionalism if only to separate them from their fans.
The level of media cheerleaders up there is off the charts. Its pretty embarrassing.
The Following User Says Thank You to greyshep For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2017, 12:25 PM   #6704
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Following User Says Thank You to midniteowl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2017, 12:27 PM   #6705
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTeeks View Post

Not the Oilers, Bob.
I know! How about the worst team in the History of Professional Sports for the past Decade??

Can it be them Bob?

No. No it cannot.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 06-13-2017, 01:56 AM   #6706
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Oh my god is that ever lame. Is there any doubt that Oilers media is the worst in all of sports?
Sure, there's the Leafs media giving them a run for their money. Which is why it'll be simultaneously hilarious and insufferable to watch the Leafs beat the Oilers in five straight finals beginning in 2019 or so.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 06-13-2017, 03:26 AM   #6707
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Also - how were/are they the best in the division when the Ducks placed first and also eliminated them in the playoffs?

Did that just fly over his head when making that comment or does he have another definition for 'best'? Is he one of those ones going on about how it was actually 5-2 series for Edmonton and just decided to continue living in delusionville?

Ducks are the team to beat in the Pacific as it stands given how they've been firmly at the top for a while. ####, sometimes fans (which is coincidentally also media in EDM) look like morons after a flash in the pan season following a long drought.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:29 AM   #6708
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyshep View Post
The level of media cheerleaders up there is off the charts. Its pretty embarrassing.
Don't be silly, they're all great especially Stauffer

The Following User Says Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2017, 07:43 AM   #6709
John Doe
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
Also - how were/are they the best in the division when the Ducks placed first and also eliminated them in the playoffs?

Did that just fly over his head when making that comment or does he have another definition for 'best'? Is he one of those ones going on about how it was actually 5-2 series for Edmonton and just decided to continue living in delusionville?

Ducks are the team to beat in the Pacific as it stands given how they've been firmly at the top for a while. ####, sometimes fans (which is coincidentally also media in EDM) look like morons after a flash in the pan season following a long drought.
I think he was talking about Pittsburgh.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John Doe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2017, 10:49 AM   #6710
wwkayaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Bump...Dangerously close to being relegated to the second page! Edmonton Oilers are no good!
Old 06-15-2017, 11:06 AM   #6711
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Another fluff piece by Spector regarding an Oilers' culture change, when the real change was McDavid and Talbot: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/m...ished-mission/

Platinum Seat Ghosts‏ @3rdPeriodSuits
Why are Edmonton reporters so uncomfortable with the idea that McDavid is the primary reason that the Oilers succeeded?

Last edited by Ashasx; 06-15-2017 at 01:56 PM.
Old 06-15-2017, 04:18 PM   #6712
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Listening to Spector on the morning show today....that guy is such a blowhard. I hope McDavid signs for 11+ million. No reason not to also I want to see how Spector will spin it.
Old 06-15-2017, 04:19 PM   #6713
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
Listening to Spector on the morning show today....that guy is such a blowhard. I hope McDavid signs for 11+ million. No reason not to also I want to see how Spector will spin it.
He's a fan hoping his own team makes good decisions and that his rival teams make bad ones.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2017, 04:28 PM   #6714
Realistic
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
I'm hoping he signs for $12 million per season. If he doesn't there will be another team out there that will offer it to him, hopefully his agent makes that case to Coiler Management.
Old 06-15-2017, 04:29 PM   #6715
Fighting Banana Slug
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

When McDingus signs for 11-12M+, he'll say "worth every penny". Book it.
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fighting Banana Slug For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2017, 04:57 PM   #6716
Realistic
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Banana Slug View Post
When McDingus signs for 11-12M+, he'll say "worth every penny". Book it.

For sure they will but the know it all fans are saying that McJesus doesn't need the money and that championships are more important to him so he will sign for less money to stay in Edmonton so they can build a winning team around him!

If he does this I would highly question his intelligence.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:07 PM   #6717
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

With the heat between the NHL and NHLPA right now and with players like Mathews coming up on their contracts.

I would expect that McSniffles' agent will be getting a lot of "friendly" advisory calls from the NHLPA and they've started a secret file called operation rapetheoilers.

Make no mistakes both sides will see this as a battleground contract. The NHL for cost control, the PA for setting the table for the entire salary structure of the NHL.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 06-15-2017, 05:12 PM   #6718
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realistic View Post
For sure they will but the know it all fans are saying that McJesus doesn't need the money and that championships are more important to him so he will sign for less money to stay in Edmonton so they can build a winning team around him!

If he does this I would highly question his intelligence.
Another interesting thing heard in the interview was that he is looking to get to UFA ASAP.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:13 PM   #6719
Realistic
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
With the heat between the NHL and NHLPA right now and with players like Mathews coming up on their contracts.

I would expect that McSniffles' agent will be getting a lot of "friendly" advisory calls from the NHLPA and they've started a secret file called operation rapetheoilers.
True enough. How funny would it be for McJesus to say we will wait until his contract is up until we "talk" and then the Flames put in a big offer that the Coilers had to match!
Old 06-15-2017, 05:16 PM   #6720
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post

Make no mistakes both sides will see this as a battleground contract. The NHL for cost control, the PA for setting the table for the entire salary structure of the NHL.
Why? The Oilers are the PA's favourite team. They overpay washed-out losers, they offer sheet League Superstars like Dustin Penner and they're single-handedly responsible for the elimination of the second contract.

The Edmonton Oilers are more responsible for the state of the NHL right now than probably all of the other teams combined.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread