Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2023, 05:46 AM   #161
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg13 View Post
Going into the final i expect the players to win in this order if they make the final 3

Julie - runaway winner
Austin / Dee - secondary
Kutura / Jake - third tier

With Jake holding the idol and Katura firmly on his side along with Julie, I think its a given that either Austin or Dee are gone next, whoever doesn't win immunity. You may be correct from there as Julie "could" take it, but whoever is left from the Dee/Austin duo could give her a run for her money.
Cheese is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 10:29 AM   #162
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Jake is pretty much a guarantee to be in the final 3, he has an idol for the final 5, and is no threat so you might as well take him with you. Kutura, same thing, she hasn't done enough to win, her chances are very slim. As others have said I agree one of the remaining Reba 3 will win the whole thing. I think Dee is making a good case for herself lately, saving Julie so if Julie makes it to the end Dee can just tell the jury the only reason she's even there is because Dee saved her. She can take credit for the Drew blindside over Austin. If she wins the next immunity or two I think she's the winner.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2023, 08:06 AM   #163
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finale tonight!

Austin, Jake, Julie, Dee and Katura remain.

Jake is the only one with an idol left so he gets a free pass to the the top 4 and likely a ride to the final 3.

Austin or Dee will get eliminated dependent on Immunity, and quite likely Julie gets the boot as well, no-one wants her at final 3.
So Jake with either Dee/Austin and Katura at final 3, leaving Dee/Austin as winner? Does Julie find a way to final 3, wins fire making challenge?
Old 12-20-2023, 10:56 AM   #164
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

The only way D doesn't win this is if she isn't sitting there at final 3.

Otherwise it is her game to lose at this point.
Old 12-20-2023, 09:02 PM   #165
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Honestly, as long as it's not Julie, I'm happy with any of the other 4, as they've put some work into it. It really feels like Julie's just been along for the ride.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 11:26 PM   #166
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, that was something else!

Glad to see Dee win. Feel like she deserved it the most.

Kinda wish that Jake had gotten a vote or two. I imagine that it must be HARD to constantly be 'playing from behind', and he made it all the way to the Final 3. I think he needed to make a bit more of his Idol find and Fire win.

I dunno about Austin. Maybe I'm just not remembering his gameplay much. It always felt to me that he was the 'drag along' for Drew (much like Julie was the 'drag along' for Dee).

For a season with such a weak start, it was a pretty decent finish.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2023, 11:27 PM   #167
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

Solid finale in my opinion! The vote at 5 was quite entertaining.

Once Dee won the final immunity I think most of us knew how it was going to end. The only way it wasn't going to be her after she made 4 was if she lost fire. Her revealing that she was indeed responsible for tipping Julie and revealing so to the jury would give her the win.

Overall the best American season in recent memory but that's not saying a whole lot. They NEED to keep the 90 minute episodes.

Bring on Survivor AU!

Last edited by jg13; 12-20-2023 at 11:35 PM.
jg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jg13 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2023, 02:18 AM   #168
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's was decent until the final 5 vote but way too obvious after that...skipped most of the last half

Can't believe they let a couple get to the end
Old 12-21-2023, 05:49 AM   #169
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Funny that the two lawyers couldn't figure out how to make and hold to a plan. Katura had the chance to get Dee out and literally gave her the game when she changed her vote.

Jeff Probst has seen it all over 45 seasons of Survivor, but even for him, there were a few remarkable things to take in during the Survivor 45 finale.

For starters, there was a savvy and savage move by winner Dee Valladares — not informing her showmance partner Austin Li Coon until they were both sitting in front of the jury that she had gone behind his back and told Julie Alley to play her immunity idol at the final seven.

There was also the remarkable fact that Dee was even at final Tribal Council to begin with after Katurah Topps — who was desperate to get Dee out — changed her vote at the last minute because she did not trust Jake O’Kane to go through with their plan. Speaking of Jake, the Boston attorney had the ultimate roller coaster ride during the finale, which included winning an advantage, forgetting keys, and losing a puzzle piece during the same challenge, having his big idol play blow up in his face, being disqualified from the final immunity challenge, and finally getting his big moment in a fire-making victory.

https://ew.com/survivor-45-jeff-prob...-error-8419005

Last edited by Cheese; 12-21-2023 at 06:49 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2023, 06:35 AM   #170
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

1. Winner winner chicken dinner - Cheese and jroc for taking Dee
2. Booby prize - mikephoen and jg13 with Austin
3. 1st base - savardandjokinen and Cheese with Jake
4. went out in flames - surferguy with Katurah

Last edited by Cheese; 12-21-2023 at 06:49 AM.
Old 12-21-2023, 08:10 AM   #171
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
Funny that the two lawyers couldn't figure out how to make and hold to a plan. Katura had the chance to get Dee out and literally gave her the game when she changed her vote.

Jeff Probst has seen it all over 45 seasons of Survivor, but even for him, there were a few remarkable things to take in during the Survivor 45 finale.

For starters, there was a savvy and savage move by winner Dee Valladares — not informing her showmance partner Austin Li Coon until they were both sitting in front of the jury that she had gone behind his back and told Julie Alley to play her immunity idol at the final seven.

There was also the remarkable fact that Dee was even at final Tribal Council to begin with after Katurah Topps — who was desperate to get Dee out — changed her vote at the last minute because she did not trust Jake O’Kane to go through with their plan. Speaking of Jake, the Boston attorney had the ultimate roller coaster ride during the finale, which included winning an advantage, forgetting keys, and losing a puzzle piece during the same challenge, having his big idol play blow up in his face, being disqualified from the final immunity challenge, and finally getting his big moment in a fire-making victory.

https://ew.com/survivor-45-jeff-prob...-error-8419005
"being disqualified from the final immunity challenge"

Did I miss this? What is this referring to?
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 08:36 AM   #172
ajr4013
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
"being disqualified from the final immunity challenge"

Did I miss this? What is this referring to?
When Jake broke the challenge stomping over it in frustration. First time I can recall that happening but could be wrong.
ajr4013 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ajr4013 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2023, 08:44 AM   #173
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajr4013 View Post
When Jake broke the challenge stomping over it in frustration. First time I can recall that happening but could be wrong.
Yeah, I saw him stomping on that, and then Jeff warned him not to stomp ON the challenge. When Jake didn't listen, Jeff said "If you break that challenge, you are disqualified." Jake kept stomping, broke it, then looked all shocked-Pikachu face when Jeff promptly disqualified him.

I was also amused by "Wait, ALL of the lawyers in the game LIED!" at the end.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2023, 08:44 AM   #174
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh right. I had the two last challenges mixed up.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 11:18 PM   #175
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
1. Winner winner chicken dinner - Cheese and jroc for taking Dee
2. Booby prize - mikephoen and jg13 with Austin
3. 1st base - savardandjokinen and Cheese with Jake
I finally got to watch the finale tonight, and it was really good. This was the best season in quite a few years. It started pretty slow, but the last half or more was quite interesting. Dee was a deserving winner for sure.

And I'll happily take a booby prize in the pool. I love boobies!
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikephoen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2023, 11:28 PM   #176
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I thought it was a pretty good finale. I didn't mind that final 3 at all, I mean I didn't really feel Jake deserves to be called a goat. He tried and played really hard, he just wasn't able to line it all up. But he still did win out in fire so that counts for something.

If a few things lined up his way during the process his game looks a lot better. But he did not sell himself enough either, Drew had to chime in to help him out. As an attorney, he should have been able to do a better job of pleading his case. I get that a lot of questions were angled towards Austin and Dee, but respectfully chime in with your contributions as well. You're fighting for a million dollars.

I knew Dee would win if she made the top 3, there was no question. Austin didn't play a bad game, but Dee manipulated him a lot better than he did her. And even though he tried to fight at the end, Dee had the nail in the coffin with the Julie-Emily play, basically saying the only reason you're even at final 3 is because of me, and you had no idea.

And he literally just had nothing to say to that. He played a little to hard with the wrong part of his body at times.

Overall Dee deserved to win it. I would not say it was an overly strong season though from the contestant side. The blindside of the Nurse who should have suspected something at least, the other girl who didn't even realize people could be lying to her at like what, final 8? Tempora or Katora or whatever her name is basically waiting till final 5 to want to try and break up the 'power couple'.

The fact that they let a twosome get that far, or even a foursome, is atrocious. There were opportunities for people to dumby up and work together. But dislike of each other by the other contestants just worked so well for that foursome.

They are really pushing the auditions now to, they must be hurting for quality applicants... and it has shown over the past few seasons. They will definitely limp to 50 and do some big massive old player event that will spark things up a bit.
Old 01-13-2024, 11:51 PM   #177
surferguy
Monster Storm

Exp:

Quote:

Finally able to watch this season through.

####

surferguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 12:39 AM   #178
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

When does Australian Survivor start? Can't wait for that.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 12:51 AM   #179
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
When does Australian Survivor start? Can't wait for that.
Feb 5th...but they are 17 hours ahead so maybe the 4th
Old 01-23-2024, 08:38 AM   #180
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

looking for 3 more players on the Survivor Au pool. if anyone is interested.

I'll be providing each episode for download/streaming!
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote