Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2019, 03:51 PM   #361
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

I was hoping baby Yoda would’ve at least force gripped both of them.

Also a missed opportunity for baby Yoda to forcefully puppeteer both troopers into a death match with Yoda forcing a “quitting hitting yourself” moment to the last trooper standing.

At this rate, with Cara being the only one baby Yoda force gripped, he’s lining up to grow up as an adult in power who enjoys choking beautiful women
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scorch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2019, 04:06 PM   #362
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'm hoping this isn't the last that we see of Cara, though it felt like it. I really love the job that Gina did in this series. I will fondly remember the scrap with the Mando that ended up with the line "Do you want some soup"

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 04:09 PM   #363
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I wonder how Disney+ will do now that this show is over. You're right Cap in that there isn't a ton of fresh content on there at the moment. And with Christmas break nearing its close and the kiddies going back to school, might be a lot less streaming of the classic content which results in cancelled subs.

Clone Wars is more of a niche thing, although a wide niche, but doesn't have the wide appeal that Mandalorian did and the buzz created by Baby Yoda.

Will be interesting to see what happens now.

I was hoping that we would see more Star Wars style documentaries, the ones on the PT DVD's were really good, especially the one on Palpatine.

I expect that Clone Wars will be really popular, especially with people really looking at Ashoka favorably and this resolving how her and Rex survived Order 66.

BTW you guys should watch the Freemaker adventures, just for the Palpatine as a complete jerk character doing a performance review on his other Sith Apprentice.

Lego Palpatine is great.

Old 12-28-2019, 05:49 PM   #364
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

A friend told me about Freemaker series. He just loved it and has watched it a few times. I have started to check it out now that I have Disney+. After only a couple of episodes I'm very happy with it. Very fun watch.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 09:21 AM   #365
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I'm hoping this isn't the last that we see of Cara, though it felt like it. I really love the job that Gina did in this series. I will fondly remember the scrap with the Mando that ended up with the line "Do you want some soup"
She's in Season two.

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 09:36 AM   #366
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I would assume that we're going to at least have The Clone Wars last season and the Obi-Wan season as new content before this show returns.

Was glad to see the unhelmeting, it really added to the character.
Clone wars isn't slated until Feb 2020. Obi-wan series does not have a release date time frame yet when Mandalorian S2 is slated for Fall 2020, so it's probably Winter 2020, same time Falcon and Winter soldier is slated for.

Star Wars and Marvel fans shouldn't expect new live action content on Disney+ for almost another full year. Poor scheduling with such sparse new content on Disney's part for a new service launch.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 10:18 AM   #367
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I think the only other Star Wars series announced is Cassian.

I might eventually end up cancelling Disney and coming back for new content.

Old 12-30-2019, 03:08 PM   #368
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thought the season finale was really cool. There were a few parts I didn't like much (mostly the slow speed lava thing, should be screen writing 101 not to have your characters being chased hop in to the slowest form of transport you can think of). Also I would've loved if they kept his face and name a secret, but I'll give it a pass there as the face reveal was cool. It was an interesting decision to reveal his face when he was looking like a bag of #### instead of some super handsome awesome guy, loved it.

And of course the finale with the TIE Fighter was fantastic, best thing in Star Wars this year. It took Mandalorian all of an episode and change to establish a charismatic, cool, threatening villain, something the new movies couldn't do in three full length attempts.

Thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait for season 2 next year.

Also, hot take alert. The Mandalorian theme is better than anything else composed for Star Wars since Disney take-over. Damn, been stuck in my head for two months now.

Bonus: awesome 80's synth version I found while looking this up:

OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2019, 03:43 PM   #369
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I always hear this when the Mando song plays

Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 03:48 PM   #370
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
I always hear this when the Mando song plays

Has there ever been a song that makes you want to hit someone in the head with a thrown rock more than this song?

I doubt it.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 06:23 PM   #371
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Check the tie fighter and make sure he's dead, you muppet! Killing villains in tv/movies 101.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2019, 09:39 PM   #372
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Has there ever been a song that makes you want to hit someone in the head with a thrown rock more than this song?

I doubt it.

Easily one of my favorite pieces of music from the Indy trilogy. John Williams is a genius.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 09:51 PM   #373
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Check the tie fighter and make sure he's dead, you muppet! Killing villains in tv/movies 101.
Not to mention....you're a Bounty Hunter! Confirmation is Key!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 06:05 PM   #374
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I wonder how Disney+ will do now that this show is over. You're right Cap in that there isn't a ton of fresh content on there at the moment. And with Christmas break nearing its close and the kiddies going back to school, might be a lot less streaming of the classic content which results in cancelled subs.

Clone Wars is more of a niche thing, although a wide niche, but doesn't have the wide appeal that Mandalorian did and the buzz created by Baby Yoda.

Will be interesting to see what happens now.
You’re right about the Clone Wars being niche, which is really too bad because it has some fantastic content. A lot of people write it off because it’s animated.

Rebels too, though Rebels definitely has a more kid-friendly vibe to its first two seasons.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2019, 08:31 PM   #375
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
You’re right about the Clone Wars being niche, which is really too bad because it has some fantastic content. A lot of people write it off because it’s animated.

Rebels too, though Rebels definitely has a more kid-friendly vibe to its first two seasons.
I loved Clone Wars and will probably watch it again. With Rebels I think that somehow they made you connect more with the main characters and had these absolutely brilliant moments that really tugged at your emotions.

They also really nailed the big scenes and there are so many more. Rebels killed off characters, Rebels went even further.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2020, 10:09 AM   #376
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Ya we were really spoiled with Rebels I thought. Clone Wars had some really good parts as well, but I felt some parts really meandered.. where as Rebels was laser focused on the Ghost crew and you really fell in love with them.

I definitely agree that Rebels was pretty kiddy for the first few seasons, but it had me hooked with this part:

I actually just re watched a bunch of the light saber battles in Rebels, especially the Vader parts, with my boy this morning. He loved it. I'm going to re watch the last season of Clone Wars as well before the new season airs.
Old 01-01-2020, 11:04 AM   #377
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

There were a couple of things that I outright really liked about Rebels. First of all unlike the EU at the time, there weren't force users or exiled Jedi popping out of the wood work all over the place. We got a feel that Order 66 was effective. In fact the two most prevelent Jedi that we saw were Ashoka and Kanan and they weren't full Jedi Knights. Kanan was tortured by fleeing while his Master was killed, Ashoka had left the Jedi Order. The only other Jedi Master that we saw was Obi-Wan in one episode.

If you look at it that was the Inquisitors with the exception of the Supreme Inquisitor were probably no more powerful then a Padawan.

What I really loved about Rebels is it wasn't afraid to get dark at times. Clone Wars started off fairly light and then got incredibly dark by the ending. The best example of that was the Umbria story line. But we got a sense that the Galaxy was slowly falling to darkness. Even in the first season of Rebels we saw how crappy the galaxy is. And they weren't afraid to kill off characters to advance that story line.

Using Luminara's corpse to trap Jedi was outright creepy.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2020, 10:59 AM   #378
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Rewatching a couple episodes, it’s funny now seeing how Mando can’t kill enemies using the same weapon twice in a row. He has to cycle through blaster, grappler, flame thrower, disintegrator, electric shocker, little beskar bullet things, and bare knuckles. It’s nice to have options, but he’d really have a much easier time just sticking to blaster the whole way through.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 12:11 PM   #379
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Its funny, in SWTOR when you're a bounty hunter you're pretty much a walking arsenal of death, I rarely used my blaster, I was too busy launching missiles, using my grapnel to pull them close and then punching their heads off, using my flame thrower, rail gun etc.

It was actually the most fun character because you could be so creative in how you killed.

Old 02-21-2020, 08:55 AM   #380
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

"The Child" is up on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.ca/Child-Animatro...2300492&sr=8-1

LEGO if you have a friend in the US:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote