Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2021, 03:32 PM   #3201
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sometimes I forget this even existed.

I always think back to Batman vs Superman and how that movie could have been so good but they wasted Doomsday and casted the worst Lex Luthor ever.

But Justice League...I don't even remember anything about it outside of thinking the CGI was horrendous. I think that might be worse.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 03:59 PM   #3202
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Quote:
I always think back to Batman vs Superman and how that movie could have been so good but they wasted Doomsday and casted the worst Lex Luthor ever.
Word.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 04:24 PM   #3203
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

They also failed to have a scene with Steppenwolf riding a motorcycle while born to be wild thunders in the background. I will instantly fail this movie if they don't CGI it in.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2021, 04:28 PM   #3204
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Sometimes I forget this even existed.

But Justice League...I don't even remember anything about it outside of thinking the CGI was horrendous. I think that might be worse.
Yeah, I know people call me a DC hater, but they destroyed so much excellent source material on such a bad movie.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2021, 07:27 PM   #3205
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

On the flip side, I've started watching the animated Harley Quinn series. It's not something I would have ever decided to watch on my own, but seeing so many good things about it on reddit I decided to give it a shot. And it's awesome, I never thought DC would be ok with taking the piss out of so many of their core characters. If you haven't seen it, don't quit after the first episode. The writers seemed to have gone for full shock value just for the sake of it in that one and it's not that good. But by Ep 4 where Harley tries to get a nemesis I was hooked
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 08:54 PM   #3206
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I really have little patients for people who think they are edgy by being critical of good movies, saying they are cookie cutter and lack depth, there are a lot of good and original ideas or innovative presentations that come out of the high appeal movies. A major part of film as an art form is entertaining and engaging people and DC has gotten some many kicks at the can they just don't deserve the benefit of the doubt, poor production quality, poor story arcs, poor casting, lack of respect for the source material, and more concerned with a superficial feeling of being edgy than presenting anything resembling character development.

Until I see otherwise, I pretty much expect this to be that.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to #-3 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2021, 08:56 PM   #3207
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Yeah, I know people call me a DC hater, but they destroyed so much excellent source material on such a bad movie.
They did the same thing with Aquaman. Gone are the Trench storyline, the fighting for the throne politics with his brother, and the Aquaman disrespected by landdwellers (he's so awesome and edgy now!), when this could have just been Manta and been fine. That would make it an almost espionage or thriller movie than an action movie, and I'm sure WB couldn't handle that.

Wonder Woman part II wasted Max Lord, ruined the Max Lord ending, and for no reason at all had any flashbacks to Diana's past as a child. Why? It could have just been a straightforward Cheetah movie, like Joker from a different perspective.

WB is very afraid of simple stories, and always jam many together.
Old 03-17-2021, 09:53 AM   #3208
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post
I really have little patients for people who think they are edgy by being critical of good movies, saying they are cookie cutter and lack depth, there are a lot of good and original ideas or innovative presentations that come out of the high appeal movies. A major part of film as an art form is entertaining and engaging people and DC has gotten some many kicks at the can they just don't deserve the benefit of the doubt, poor production quality, poor story arcs, poor casting, lack of respect for the source material, and more concerned with a superficial feeling of being edgy than presenting anything resembling character development.

Until I see otherwise, I pretty much expect this to be that.
I'm sorry but some Marvel movies are just cookie cutter. They aren't all good.

DC has made several movies which I would put far above the cookie cutter Marvel movies: The Dark Knight Trilogy (2005-2012 and the MCU started in 2008), Shazam, and Joker.

People aren't saying they disliked Iron Man 3 or Captain Marvel for the sake of being edgy. They just weren't very inspired movies.

You are also lambasting people for detracting from the Marvel brand, just for the sake of it. Meanwhile, you are stating that this new DC movie is awful, before even having seen it. And yes, making a movie with more mass appeal, particularly in the genre of sci-fi, often does result in a worse movie. Once again, I'm not really concerned with how much a movie appeals to elementary school kids.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2021, 10:14 AM   #3209
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'll probably watch the ZS cut, but I am going to break it down into parts, for a couple of reasons. One is that I can barely even sit through a 2 hour movie anymore. two is that if its not resonating with me, I can kind of just walk away from it.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2021, 12:21 PM   #3210
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Do we know where this will be available in Canada?

Apparently it drops at midnight tonight.
Old 03-17-2021, 02:15 PM   #3211
Ashartus
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Do we know where this will be available in Canada?

Apparently it drops at midnight tonight.

Crave, presumably only with the HBO add-on.
Ashartus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 02:35 PM   #3212
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
I only saw a little bit - thought it was cringey how Aquaman was leering at Wonder Woman.

https://www.mediaversityreviews.com/...justice-league

Quote:
Wonder Woman should not have to stop Aquaman’s leering during the middle of a team meeting.

Last edited by troutman; 03-17-2021 at 02:38 PM.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 02:46 PM   #3213
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

It's already available in all the nefarious corners of the internet if you don't want to wait until tomorrow.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 04:47 PM   #3214
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Are... are you posting this as a joke? This is one of the most hilarious pieces of self-parody I think I've ever seen.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 09:38 PM   #3215
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Starting right now. I should be done by 1:30am... lol

Ugh. I get he filmed it for Imax but why 4X3????
Old 03-18-2021, 12:23 AM   #3216
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tried to give it an honest chance. Lasted 20 minutes. Typical overdone, hokey Zack Snyder crap just saturates it.

Hack.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 02:50 AM   #3217
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

I’m half way through. Did we need almost an entire regular movie length of character setup?

This movie sucks. Everything about it sucks so far. What in the world was I thinking wasting my time with this?
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 03:07 AM   #3218
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

This movie is almost unbearably melodramatic.

Edit: that said, after doing some additional reading, I've gained a bit of an additional appreciation for the new release after learning that it gave the Snyders a bit of closure after the tragedy that took them away from the production in the first place.

Last edited by TheScorpion; 03-19-2021 at 01:50 AM.
TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2021, 06:24 AM   #3219
Izzle
First Line Centre

Exp:

INB4 NF sploosh.
Izzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:30 AM   #3220
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I watched Shazam finally. Overall good but I expected more humor. Would be willing to watch a sequel.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote