Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2021, 02:32 PM   #3121
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'm not buying this either with all new CGI and 4 hours of unused clips. That would mean they shot a 6 hour movie and cut it down to 2 originally, that story makes no sense, no studio would allow that much extra shooting and reshoots normally, It would be the most expensive movie in history and cause studio execs to have heart attacks over the budget.

This sounds like a thinly veiled public relations apology by the Studio.

Still not interested too much in sitting through a 4 hour movie, even in the comfort of my own home.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 03:35 PM   #3122
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
Almost 10 million views for the Snyder Cut trailer.....this movie is going to be huge. The theatrical cut of JL probably has maybe 30 minutes of the same footage. So basically 3.5hrs of brand new footage this is going to be nothing like what we saw in theatres.
Two of those are mine because I zoned out the first time through...
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 03:47 PM   #3123
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is what happened: Snyder started shooting JL before BvS came out. After the critical and commercial reception, WB got worried about JL. Snyder was pretty much done shooting everything when it was decided to bring in Wheedon. Wheedon shot mostly new footage for the 2hr movie because WB didn't want it to be so dark. They also didn't move the release date because they wanted to get a bonus that year. That's why we get Superman with horrible CGI lip, he was shooting Mission Impossible and Paramount didn't want him to shave his mustache. Snyder has mentioned several things from the theatrical cut he never put in, things like that Russian family and also having Flash fall on WWs cleevage were all added by pervo Wheedon. It's also why Suicide Squad got chopped up and brightened up. David Ayer has been very vocal that's not his movie and his was a totally different movie, without the pop song intros ext.

Here is what Steppenwolf looks like from BvS, which matches his look in JL trailer.

Snyder has always had awesome CGI in all his movies, it shouldn't be a surprise his CGI is so much better than the theatrical cut.

And even if by some chance this is all revisionist history, who gives a flying #### if it's better than what we got previously?
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 04:56 PM   #3124
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Snyder and this JL cut just needs to come and go so we can never speak of it again. I hope you enjoy it, Nadal Fan -- but the whole discourse and drama swirling around it for seemingly years now is just beyond exhausting.

Last edited by Finger Cookin; 02-15-2021 at 05:24 PM.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2021, 06:36 PM   #3125
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
Snyder and this JL cut just needs to come and go so we can never speak of it again. I hope you enjoy it, Nadal Fan -- but the whole discourse and drama swirling around it for seemingly years now is just beyond exhausting.
Yes. What I REALLY want to see is The Batman. That looks awesome.
Old 02-15-2021, 09:47 PM   #3126
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
I 100% agree. I think this whole thing is a terrible precedent, and as much as I'd like to see a good Superman/Batman team up movie, frankly I hope it doesn't succeed because I really don't want to see tentpole franchises rehashing the same stories over and over again out of some fear that they were unable to make everyone happy. First they never will make everyone happy, second even if they are going to rehash the same themes and plot structures over and over again as they do, at least new characters and frames make it somewhat interesting.

I think all 3 prequel star wars movies are terrible and the Rise of Skywalker might be worse, but I really hope star wars as a franchise moves on and tells new stories. Arguably this was the problem with the Rise of Skywalker, like or hate TLJ, RoSw petulantly tried to pretend it didn't exist and broke the coherence of the story.

I don't think The Hulk needs to be told again, given the current state of the MCU, even if that movie is an absolute outlier in terms of quality and tone.

The Hobbit movies sucked if for no other reason than them squeezing over 8 hours of movie out of 300 page book, and just lacking the basic level of content to keep audiences engaged. But they just need to leave it alone and focus on other content for a generation.

The Justice league is no different, they #### the bed on the movie. The correct thing to do is pickup the piece and build on what they have left, leave it to future generations to tell the formation of the Justice League better than they did. Trying to ret-con a different story into this universe undermines the entire idea of contiguous interconnect stories that they are trying to build. It's emblematic of reason the DCEU has failed, everything Marvel does is in respect of how it connects to the greater hole and pays homage to dozens of plot arcs they can just allude to without getting dragged into the details, if DC were able to plan ahead like this there wouldn't be space to tell two completely different stories within the same movie.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to #-3 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2021, 11:18 PM   #3127
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

What is Steppenwolf using to hold up that third box?
Old 02-15-2021, 11:20 PM   #3128
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
Maybe theres a hole in it?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 11:41 PM   #3129
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Steppenwang
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 09:50 AM   #3130
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1361404795081342976
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2021, 03:04 PM   #3131
Ragnar
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Relax dude, it's free real estate at this point. Don't watch it if you're already whining about it.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 03:27 PM   #3132
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

There have been dozen's of director's cuts or alternative versions of movies over the years. Some have been great, some haven't improved the movie at all. ET, Blade Runner, Godfather III, the Star Wars trilogy, Deadpool, Superman II, Apocalypse Now, LOTR Trilogy, Watchmen, Daredevil, etc.

I'm not sure why this one is getting everyone's panties in a bunch.
Old 02-16-2021, 04:08 PM   #3133
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

I'm actually looking quite forward to this. It helps a lot that this is a unique time for releases. Would I pay to see this in the theatres? No. However, with the Covid lockdown this is perfect. I don't want to see any more releases wasted without proper full scale theatre releases. So this mini release for a side project is just perfect. The overall wackiness of the project is very intriguing at this point. Giving a director carte blanche to just put out an over the top film starring high end intellectual properties is pretty nuts.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2021, 06:38 PM   #3134
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hey Dark Seid
I got somethin' real important to give you
So just sit down and listen

Dark Seid you know we've been together such a long long time
(Such a long time)
And now I'm ready to lay it on the line
Wow, you know it's Christmas and my heart is open wide
(Open wide)
Gonna give you something so you know what's on my mind
(What's on my mind)

A gift real special, so take off the top
Take a look inside it's my dick in a box
It's in a box

Not gonna get you a diamond ring
That sort of gift don't mean anything
Not gonna get you a fancy car
Dark Seid, ya gotta know you're my shinin' star

Not gonna get you a house in the hills
An evil God like you needs somethin' real
Wanna get you somethin' from the heart
Somethin' special Dark Seid

It's my dick in a box
My dick in a box babe
It's my dick in a box
Ooh, my dick in a box!
Old 02-17-2021, 08:31 AM   #3135
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
There have been dozen's of director's cuts or alternative versions of movies over the years. Some have been great, some haven't improved the movie at all. ET, Blade Runner, Godfather III, the Star Wars trilogy, Deadpool, Superman II, Apocalypse Now, LOTR Trilogy, Watchmen, Daredevil, etc.

I'm not sure why this one is getting everyone's panties in a bunch.
Ya I don't really get it either.. its just another directors cut. There's some hype behind it because comic book movies are the craze right now, but really if you don't like it.. don't watch it?
Old 02-17-2021, 08:51 PM   #3136
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

This is amazing. It might be the greatest fan film ever made.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1362239513582567424
Old 02-17-2021, 09:01 PM   #3137
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man that's gold!! Also Christopher Reeve was an amazing Superman.
Old 02-17-2021, 10:48 PM   #3138
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

"Did you fly into space and smile for the camera?"

That's my Superman.
Old 02-18-2021, 04:54 PM   #3139
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Relax dude, it's free real estate at this point. Don't watch it if you're already whining about it.
I mean, I'm 100% never going to watch it. Thanks for the permission though, chief.

Last edited by Finger Cookin; 02-18-2021 at 04:58 PM.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 12:36 PM   #3140
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

DC has found its Supergirl and she will make an appearance in The Flash movie.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1362846880321822722