Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2011, 01:14 PM   #1941
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

I like your YYCDeals site, but overall I preferred your earlier work
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:22 PM   #1942
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkrogan View Post
I like your YYCDeals site, but overall I preferred your earlier work
Lol. Shhhh, the girlfriend still gets mad when it's brought up.

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
cmyden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cmyden For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 11:22 AM   #1943
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

[PROMO CODE] Air Canada: 10% off all flights outside of Canada - [expires: July 7]

link: http://www.aircanada.com/en/offers/a.../discount.html

A one day only code from Air Canada.

Quote:
To get your exclusive discount, simply enter this promotion code when booking right here at aircanada.com:
Promotion code
SKYTRAX2011

Valid on all Economy and Executive fare types.
International and Sun destinations: discount applies only on Air Canada operated flights from Canada and excludes codeshare flights.
U.S. destinations: discount also applies on both Air Canada operated and codeshare flights.
For travel until August 31, 2011.
Book by July 7, 2011 midnight, from your city of departure.

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
Old 07-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #1944
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

I miss all the great deals and mistake fares of years past
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #1945
Kavvy
Self Imposed Exile

Exp:

cmyden.

Thanks for the info regarding the mexico trip i booked a while back. The girl friend and I are looking to visit a friends condo in palm springs. We would be leaving boxing day, and returning the next Sunday (6 days). Westjet direct flight pricing is insane.

What would you recommend? We were considering doing a layover for cheaper airline prices, and checking out another city (therefore spending less time in palm springs). San Fran was on our list, but it would be cold.

Thank you for any tips!

Kavy
Kavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:04 PM   #1946
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post
I miss all the great deals and mistake fares of years past
I know I want to go back to spain for $99 or take a day trip to vegas again for 30
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:04 AM   #1947
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Westjet has matched...

link: http://www.westjet.com/guest/en/deal...ch-ge-20110706

Quote:
Promo code
Book your WestJet flight and save.

Save an extra 10% off all U.S. and International Destinations on new online bookings when you travel up to August 31, 2011.

To redeem this offer, bookings must be made on westjet.com. Both the Promo code PCR89 and Coupon code WVIUIAY are required at the time of booking on the first page of the booking process. Bookings must be made by July 07, 2011 (9:59 p.m. MT) and travel must occur before August 31, 2011.

Old 07-15-2011, 09:19 AM   #1948
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Good deals to Africa on KLM - Nairobi down to $1043 roundtrip after tax

KLM is having a 'flash sale' to Africa for the next 5 days, and the prices are definitely notable.

http://www.klm.com/travel/ca_en/plan_and_book/special_offers/flight_offers/flash_fares.htm

Accra $1190
Entebbe $1190
Nairobi $1190
Mombasa $1300
Johannesburg $1490
Lagos $1490

Now, these are the prices on KLM.com but there appears to be cheaper flights available through other sites.

This search in September on Kayak.com for example, reveals one through Vayama.com for $1043 CDN roundtrip after tax...

http://www.kayak.com/flights/#YYC-NB...09-28-flexible

You can find similarly priced flights in October/November as well. There also appear to be some to Mombasa that are down to around $1000. Try 3 day flexible date searches on Kayak and see what comes up.

If someone were to ask me what they could expect to pay for a great deal to get from Calgary to Nairobi, I would tell them that the bottom price stays pretty consistent at around $1500 roundtrip after tax. And it's not exactly a destination that goes on sale all too often. So a true 30% discount off the usual bottom price is definitely notable.

If you're thinking Africa this year, you should definitely be having a look today.

Oh, and this is the place I'm hoping to stay at one day, it's called Giraffe Manor, just outside of Nairobi...

Whaddya think?

Old 07-15-2011, 09:32 AM   #1949
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any deals to Maiu, Hawaii during reading week next year?
Looking to go for 7-10 days
thanks!
albertGQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:07 AM   #1950
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyden View Post
Good deals to Africa on KLM - Nairobi down to $1043 roundtrip after tax
UPDATE 11:04 AM: Now I'm finding some for as cheap as $925 CDN roundtrip after tax. Try this search on Kayak

http://www.kayak.com/flights/#YYC-NB...09-28-flexible

Old 07-15-2011, 11:55 AM   #1951
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Oh, and this is the place I'm hoping to stay at one day, it's called Giraffe Manor, just outside of Nairobi...

Whaddya think?
Looks like a sweet pad. Question though: how much do you tip the giraffes after they serve you breakfast?
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:17 PM   #1952
Kavvy
Self Imposed Exile

Exp:

cmyden,

I am using your travel map on your website, trying to book a trip to palm springs that leaves on boxing day.

Now you have a price listed there for united airlines which departs on Dec 30, but I can't seem to even get that price when I enter the same date (the price is listed as a 1 day travel, not a week).

Got any tips by any chance?

Thank you!

Kavy
Old 07-15-2011, 12:35 PM   #1953
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavy View Post
cmyden,

I am using your travel map on your website, trying to book a trip to palm springs that leaves on boxing day.

Now you have a price listed there for united airlines which departs on Dec 30, but I can't seem to even get that price when I enter the same date (the price is listed as a 1 day travel, not a week).

Got any tips by any chance?

Thank you!

Kavy

Hi Kavy,

You're seeing the price of around $600 something roundtrip after tax to PSP is that right?

Seems to be showing on United at the moment (for about $611 CDN)...

http://www.kayak.com/flights/#YYC-PS...-31/2012-01-01

But it may only be available through cheaptickets.com (same as Orbitz).

Here's a one week grid to try and find similar prices for when you want to go:

http://www.kayak.com/flights/#YYC-PS...01-02-flexible

Old 07-15-2011, 12:41 PM   #1954
Kavvy
Self Imposed Exile

Exp:

Quote:
Hi Kavy,

You're seeing the price of around $600 something roundtrip after tax to PSP is that right?

Seems to be showing on United at the moment (for about $611 CDN)...

http://www.kayak.com/flights/#YYC-PS...-31/2012-01-01

But it may only be available through cheaptickets.com (same as Orbitz).

Here's a one week grid to try and find similar prices for when you want to go:

http://www.kayak.com/flights/#YYC-PS...01-02-flexible
Thank you, I don't know what got me confused!
Old 07-17-2011, 01:04 PM   #1955
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The Park2Go parking lot at the Calgary Airport is giving away $25 gift certifcates to anyone that 'Likes' their Facebook page and posts their favorite destination that Westjet flys to.

http://www.facebook.com/park2g​o

Thought maybe some of you could use it.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:30 PM   #1956
THE SCUD
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Any suggestions for a 'quick' 4 day trip? Wife and I are looking for something leaving Aug 10th evening and coming back late Monday the 15th? I was thinking the US west coast, like Seattle or San Fran - Any deals out there that would fit that time line?

Last edited by THE SCUD; 07-18-2011 at 01:12 PM.
THE SCUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:52 PM   #1957
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Any suggestions for a 'quick' 4 day trip? Wife and I are looking for something leaving Aug 10th evening and coming back late Monday the 14th? I was thinking the US west coast, like Seattle or San Fran - Any deals out there that would fit that time line?
Alaska air has YYC-SEA leaving Wednesday Aug 10th@ 5:50 PM, and returning August 14th at 8:10 for a total price of $360, which is pretty good.

United has flights to SFO on the same dates, for a total price of around $430 pp, which is also a good deal, imo.

edited: The 14th is Sunday, but similar prices/flights are also available for returning on monday the 15th...
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bizaro86 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2011, 01:12 PM   #1958
THE SCUD
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Sorry, I meant the 15th returning - will adjust my post.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:35 PM   #1959
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Another short trip that looked kind of neat was the Air North deal to the Yukon.

http://www.flyairnorth.com/DealsAndN...ayGetaway.aspx

419+tax=~580 pp for return flights to Whitehorse and a 2 night stay. A different vibe than the west coast for sure, but probably still neat.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:46 AM   #1960
THE SCUD
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Is there a site where I can put in my travel days and it shows me the cheapest flights to anywhere? Pretty open on where to spend my 'long weekend' the 10th to the 15th...