Exp:

Xbox Two?
DoubleF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 10:25 AM   #1923
Titan
First Line Centre

Exp:

A bit of help please.

I would like a wireless headset that I can use with my PS4 and my iphone. Does such a beast exist? I have spent too much time googling with no solution. Ideally, sub $100.

Thanks in advance.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 10:40 AM   #1924
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Series X just makes me think they will be selling multiple configurations.

X2060
X2070

Its going to be a computer with an xbox interface just like you can install on PC right now
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 01:37 PM   #1925
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Can anyone recommend a good RPG? After playing Fallen Order twice already extensively I am hungry for a new RPG. I haven't really played anything in the past 10 years, lol. So the list is pretty wide open.. I was thinking maybe Skryim? i'd like to play something that can push my gaming rig to the limits as well. I do very much enjoy the Medieval/Fantasy setting.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:50 PM   #1926
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
A bit of help please.

I would like a wireless headset that I can use with my PS4 and my iphone. Does such a beast exist? I have spent too much time googling with no solution. Ideally, sub $100.

Thanks in advance.
How exactly are you going to use it?

Does it need proper hand off? Because I'm not aware of many headsets that do that. However, you can stream music from your phone via bluetooth while using said headset with most headsets that use a mixer. I am assuming you'd know when to check your phone if something comes up?

If it's somehow ensuring that you can hear your phone ring while playing, why not consider an open back headphone vs closed back? Closed back are sound isolating vs open back you can hear ambient noises.
Old 12-13-2019, 02:34 PM   #1927
Titan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
How exactly are you going to use it?

Does it need proper hand off? Because I'm not aware of many headsets that do that. However, you can stream music from your phone via bluetooth while using said headset with most headsets that use a mixer. I am assuming you'd know when to check your phone if something comes up?

If it's somehow ensuring that you can hear your phone ring while playing, why not consider an open back headphone vs closed back? Closed back are sound isolating vs open back you can hear ambient noises.

No need for handoff or alerts or anything. Just want to be able to use them when not playing. Thanks
Old 12-13-2019, 02:38 PM   #1928
Old Yeller
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Can anyone recommend a good RPG? After playing Fallen Order twice already extensively I am hungry for a new RPG. I haven't really played anything in the past 10 years, lol. So the list is pretty wide open.. I was thinking maybe Skryim? i'd like to play something that can push my gaming rig to the limits as well. I do very much enjoy the Medieval/Fantasy setting.
Witcher 3.

See you in a few months... apologies to your family.
Old Yeller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Old Yeller For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2019, 04:55 AM   #1929
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
No need for handoff or alerts or anything. Just want to be able to use them when not playing. Thanks
SteelSeries Arctis 3 Bluetooth - Wired Gaming Headset + Bluetooth - For Nintendo Switch, PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, VR, Android, and iOS - Black https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07GTVK5W3/..._LQm9DbG0HQWXY

Something like this features wise? It seems like it has Bluetooth which is good, but it seems like if using with PS4 you have to wire to controller, so it’s not true wireless for both.

But I seemed to run into a ton of stuff online that essentially says hooking up a Bluetooth dongle to your PS4 will allow you to use any Bluetooth capable headset/headphones with the PS4. If that’s true, then things get way easier for you. Something life this:

Mpow H7 Bluetooth Headphones Over-Ear, 18h Playtime, CVC 6.0 with Hi-Fi Stereo and Mic, Wireless and Wired Mode for Cellphone/Tablet-Black https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07BLP69P1/..._VZm9DbMMADXHB

Plus a Bluetooth dongle’s that works with the PS4 is what you’d be looking for.

Something like... this as a work around?

https://youtu.be/RQDj9GtXs1o
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2019, 08:32 AM   #1930
Titan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
SteelSeries Arctis 3 Bluetooth - Wired Gaming Headset + Bluetooth - For Nintendo Switch, PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, VR, Android, and iOS - Black https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07GTVK5W3/..._LQm9DbG0HQWXY

Something like this features wise? It seems like it has Bluetooth which is good, but it seems like if using with PS4 you have to wire to controller, so it’s not true wireless for both.

But I seemed to run into a ton of stuff online that essentially says hooking up a Bluetooth dongle to your PS4 will allow you to use any Bluetooth capable headset/headphones with the PS4. If that’s true, then things get way easier for you. Something life this:

Mpow H7 Bluetooth Headphones Over-Ear, 18h Playtime, CVC 6.0 with Hi-Fi Stereo and Mic, Wireless and Wired Mode for Cellphone/Tablet-Black https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07BLP69P1/..._VZm9DbMMADXHB

Plus a Bluetooth dongle’s that works with the PS4 is what you’d be looking for.

Something like... this as a work around?

https://youtu.be/RQDj9GtXs1o
Thanks for your google-fu. For what seems like a straightforward want, it sure is hard to find. Will look at your leads for sure. Thanks.
Old 12-14-2019, 08:39 AM   #1931
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Witcher 3 for sure. One of the best video games I've ever played, and I've played a lot of video games.
Great story too. Just make sure you have 50-100 hours to burn.
1qqaaz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1qqaaz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2019, 12:39 PM   #1932
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 12:58 PM   #1933
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm playing DOS2 right now (never played the original) and it's the best isometric RPG I think I've ever played in terms of mechanics and variety... won't push your rig too hard though, unless you're playing in 5120x1440 like I am
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 08:28 PM   #1934
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

I'm on a retro games kick again and I decided to give E.V.O. Search for Eden on the SNES a shot as I'd never played it before, and it looked like a neat Spore type of game. It definitely started out that way, but then holy #### does it get weird. Par for the course for Japanese developers I guess
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2019, 10:35 PM   #1935
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Just when I was starting to put a tiny dent in my Steam backlog the Stardew Valley 1.4 update gets released.

https://www.stardewvalley.net/starde...ull-changelog/
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 03:57 PM   #1936
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

My almost-3 year old is starting to show interest in games now and asks all the time to either "Save the fairies" (Super Mario 3D World) or "Save Luigi from the ghosts" (Luigi's Mansion). She usually want to try playing for a few minutes but can't grasp the controls yet, usually just pushes the stick in one direction until she hits a wall or falls off the map, then she gets frustrated and gives me the controller back. I've tried showing her how the controls work but it's just not something she can grasp yet. Are there any non-mobile games out there designed to help kids learn modern game controls?
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 06:01 PM   #1937
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
My almost-3 year old is starting to show interest in games now and asks all the time to either "Save the fairies" (Super Mario 3D World) or "Save Luigi from the ghosts" (Luigi's Mansion). She usually want to try playing for a few minutes but can't grasp the controls yet, usually just pushes the stick in one direction until she hits a wall or falls off the map, then she gets frustrated and gives me the controller back. I've tried showing her how the controls work but it's just not something she can grasp yet. Are there any non-mobile games out there designed to help kids learn modern game controls?
Controlling the hat in mario Odyssey is pretty basic and she can have fun helping you progress. My daughter started by playing with me in mario galaxy as the star and we finished the whole game that way.
Old 12-17-2019, 06:01 PM   #1938
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Kirby: Star Allies is genius for this. It was my kid's first video game when he was three -- it explains all the controls during the levels with pictographs instead of reading, slowly builds up, and is laughably easy with the AI companions it gives you (until the final boss at the end, yeesh).

Mario Odyssey was good this way too, he played the heck out of it from about 3.5 years old onward. Games that show you how to play instead of tell you, are very forgiving, and don't stress kids out with punishing time limits or high difficulty. All they need real help with is the boss fights.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2019, 07:32 PM   #1939
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

You can set Mario Kart to essentially self drive. You control yourself but it corrects you if you're going off the track, it's great for kids IMO
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 09:10 PM   #1940
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

When I was a kid we fought astroids. And those astroids never stopped coming. No matter how many astroids you defeated, they just kept coming and coming and coming.

Kids these days with self driving Mario karts. How does that teach them about the futility of life!?!
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote