Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2021, 02:31 AM   #2241
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
Stats were not similar. For those 3 years, (14-17) MSN scored 50% more.
Is that all around or when together? The infographic I could find when I looked showed them as almost equal
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 06:33 AM   #2242
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
Except .... No they didn't. Because it was never credited to him ...ever.

The goal was at the time of, and still is credited to Bruno. In addition to the Beeb link earlier.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/commentary?gameId=578293

Now, why don't you provide a link for your image? Be a lot easier, no?
You....do understand websites can be modified and updated right? For instance, this was the BBC website until they changed it...

The screen image I posted was literally from the PL website and was credited to De Gea until early in the second half when it was changed. Here it is from the official PL game log too (which you will no doubt now search out and bring up as to show it going to Bruno, because the internet can never change after all...)

As I said at the time, I honestly don't care they got it wrong in a game that meaningless, it doesn't matter. But in general just another one for the scrap book of terrible and incompetent English officiating.

Last edited by Senator Clay Davis; 05-19-2021 at 06:35 AM.
Senator Clay Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 10:52 AM   #2243
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
You....do understand websites can be modified and updated right? For instance, this was the BBC website until they changed it...

The screen image I posted was literally from the PL website and was credited to De Gea until early in the second half when it was changed. Here it is from the official PL game log too (which you will no doubt now search out and bring up as to show it going to Bruno, because the internet can never change after all...)

As I said at the time, I honestly don't care they got it wrong in a game that meaningless, it doesn't matter. But in general just another one for the scrap book of terrible and incompetent English officiating.
I haven't even seen the goal so this is all unrelated to whether it's offside or not

But you do know that the referee has zero say in who's awarded the goal and assist right?

The fact it was on the social media or the website means some 18 year old social media intern put it there it doesn't mean it was the final decision

The league goes and changes if needed later on, sometimes weeks later on with the dubious goals panel

So just because it says de Gea with the assist, has nothing to do with the referee on the field or the linesmen or the VAR official
Old 05-19-2021, 11:12 AM   #2244
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well in the clip Bruno clearly does not get a touch, and technically awarding De Gea the assist is correct. But if De Gea does provide the assist, and he does, it by default is an offside goal. Leaving it up as a De Gea assist is putting it literally on the record that an offside goal was awarded. Even though Bruno doesn't get a touch they are basically compelled to give him the assist, less they put their incompetence on the record rather than leaving it to interpretation.

At the end of the day it ultimately does not matter, it changes nothing other than a great goal that shouldn't have technically counted will now count, in one of the least meaningful games of the year. Just another example of the quality of English refs (and there were several more examples in other matches yesterday).
Old 05-19-2021, 11:14 AM   #2245
J epworth
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kevin Friend will never be a friend of Aston Villa
J epworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 11:23 AM   #2246
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a worldie OG from Reguilon.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1395067897148551175

Last edited by Senator Clay Davis; 05-19-2021 at 11:26 AM.
Senator Clay Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Senator Clay Davis For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2021, 11:41 AM   #2247
J epworth
Franchise Player

Exp:

And now directly involved in another goal for Reguilon, thanks for the help! Someone may need to check if he has some money on the game today
J epworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 12:38 PM   #2248
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well in the clip Bruno clearly does not get a touch, and technically awarding De Gea the assist is correct. But if De Gea does provide the assist, and he does, it by default is an offside goal. Leaving it up as a De Gea assist is putting it literally on the record that an offside goal was awarded. Even though Bruno doesn't get a touch they are basically compelled to give him the assist, less they put their incompetence on the record rather than leaving it to interpretation.

At the end of the day it ultimately does not matter, it changes nothing other than a great goal that shouldn't have technically counted will now count, in one of the least meaningful games of the year. Just another example of the quality of English refs (and there were several more examples in other matches yesterday).
Let me break it down slowly for you because you really are struggling.

The goal was reviewed by VAR for possible offside.
It was clear to every man and his dog that if the ball had went to him directly from de Gea he was miles offside. However if touched by Bruno he wasn't.

At THE TIME OF REVIEW the goal was awarded based on that they felt Bruno got a touch and therefore it was not offside. AT THE TIME OF REVIEW the goal was awarded with an assist to Bruno.
The screw up is that I don't see Bruno getting a touch anywhere.
The only person claiming that de Gea was awarded an assist is you and your images.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
I haven't even seen the goal so this is all unrelated to whether it's offside or not
Offside or not it's well worth a watch just for the quality of finish.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 12:47 PM   #2249
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Let me break it down slowly for you because you really are struggling.

The goal was reviewed by VAR for possible offside.
It was clear to every man and his dog that if the ball had went to him directly from de Gea he was miles offside. However if touched by Bruno he wasn't.

At THE TIME OF REVIEW the goal was awarded based on that they felt Bruno got a touch and therefore it was not offside. AT THE TIME OF REVIEW the goal was awarded with an assist to Bruno.

The screw up is that I don't see Bruno getting a touch anywhere.

The only person claiming that de Gea was awarded an assist is you and your images.
Dude, the official PL website awarded De Gea the assist at the time. Everyone else reported it as such. It stayed on the official PL website for nearly an hour of actual time, and then it was changed. There wasn't a single place where Bruno was credited with the assist until the PL website changed it. There's nothing else to it, why you've gone on this crusade, which even by your standards is bizarre, I couldn't tell you. Hope you feel better though.
Old 05-19-2021, 12:54 PM   #2250
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

If harry winks asked ryan mason to give him the start as kind of a showcase for the england squad... plan failed
Old 05-19-2021, 01:55 PM   #2251
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Dude, the official PL website awarded De Gea the assist at the time. Everyone else reported it as such. It stayed on the official PL website for nearly an hour of actual time, and then it was changed. There wasn't a single place where Bruno was credited with the assist until the PL website changed it. There's nothing else to it, why you've gone on this crusade, which even by your standards is bizarre, I couldn't tell you. Hope you feel better though.
No ..... they ....didn't.
It was made perfectly clear for all except you that the goal was awarded based on VAR deeming (incorrectly imo) that Bruno got a touch.
But that doesn't fit your rant.
You carry on ......

Old 05-19-2021, 01:57 PM   #2252
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

And just like that Arsenal could jump ahead of Spurs in the last game.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2021, 02:04 PM   #2253
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

It seems crazy but Europa League isn't out of the picture for Arsenal now - if West Ham draws (it's 1-1 at the moment) it goes to the final week as:

6. West Ham - 60 (+10) - Southampton (h)
7. Tottenham - 59 (+21) - Leicester (a)
8. Everton - 59 (+4) - Man City (a)
9. Arsenal - 58 (+14) - Brighton (h)

West Ham clearly in the driver's seat but with Tottenham and Everton having tough games the door may be open.
Arsenal14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 02:57 PM   #2254
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Huge goal for West Ham, that should lock up some kind of European football next season.
Old 05-19-2021, 03:06 PM   #2255
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Holy cow! West Ham will likely finish in a Europa League spot! Wow, and I honestly thought they were relegation candidates at the start of the season!
Old 05-19-2021, 03:56 PM   #2256
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Liverpool lookin' good in that Top 4 spot...

Now just hold it.

If Villa can hold or beat Chelsea and we beat Palace (tall order...they're our Kryptonite) we could even finish 3rd. Hell...with all of our injuries Top 4 at all is a miracle.

Also...nice to see Nat Phillips get a goal! That was a nice header, maybe he's been practicing headers with Alisson?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 04:16 PM   #2257
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Big loser this weekend will be the team that finishes up in 7th and the Europa Conference League. Would be better off in 8th.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2021, 04:35 PM   #2258
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Big loser this weekend will be the team that finishes up in 7th and the Europa Conference League. Would be better off in 8th.
Winning the conference league only being worth a europa league spot is just the cherry on top for whomever finishes in 7th
Old 05-19-2021, 04:36 PM   #2259
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Liverpool lookin' good in that Top 4 spot...

Now just hold it.

If Villa can hold or beat Chelsea and we beat Palace (tall order...they're our Kryptonite) we could even finish 3rd. Hell...with all of our injuries Top 4 at all is a miracle.

Also...nice to see Nat Phillips get a goal! That was a nice header, maybe he's been practicing headers with Alisson?
Not the injury narrative again, even klopp stopped using that excuse

Every team has had them
Old 05-19-2021, 06:05 PM   #2260
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Reguilon, along with Ndombele, Bergwijn, LoCelso, Sessengnon, Aurier, Doherty were expensive signings that were going to rejuvenate this team. Every single one of them has disappointed.

Many Spurs fans scream about Daniel Levy's cheapness, but that's not the problem. The team spent a lot of money over the past 2 years and bought a bunch of glorified scrubs. It's not a matter of spending, it's a matter of spending well.

With Kane leaving, I think that this team needs to be gutted. Thinking 10th next season.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote