Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-26-2017, 05:20 PM   #301
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

At the risk of creating more "hullabaloo" and offending the delicate flowers who don't like information...

It was re-iterated yet again today that the DIY aspect of this will be temporary only (though I heard it was for 6 weeks now and then 6 more weeks in the fall) and that the ecofit program will indeed be absorbed and turned into a permanent government department after the first phase has been completed.

Absolutely asinine.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:49 PM   #302
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

You want to get the boot in 2019? Cause this is how you get the boot in 2019.

I bet they thought people would be singing their praises for giving them FREE STUFF! What an absolute waste
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 11:32 PM   #303
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
At the risk of creating more "hullabaloo" and offending the delicate flowers who don't like information.
I even agree with you on this issue and you still come off as a petulant child.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
4X4, V
Old 04-26-2017, 11:41 PM   #304
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
I even agree with you on this issue and you still come off as a petulant child.
Im crushed by what you think of me....no really.

Old 04-27-2017, 08:40 AM   #305
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was a disaster then and it's a disaster now. These ideologically driven NDP are unfit to govern IMO.

This program came up in conversation with an American friend and I was literally embarrassed to tell it. I still think my American friend doesn't understand what I was saying, or he thought I was just making things up because it's beyond ridiculous.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:57 AM   #306
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
It was a disaster then and it's a disaster now. These ideologically driven NDP are unfit to govern IMO.

This program came up in conversation with an American friend and I was literally embarrassed to tell it. I still think my American friend doesn't understand what I was saying, or he thought I was just making things up because it's beyond ridiculous.
It must be really bad if you're embarrassed to tell an American.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgaryblood For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 06:44 PM   #307
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just saw the Lowes flyer and they are advertising LED light bulbs including the new Energy Alberta Efficiency rebate. $0.99 for a GU10 led bulb, 50 watt replacement and $0.99 for a 3 pack of A19, 9.5 watt bulbs. Those are some pretty sweet deals. Thanks NDP. This is what the program should have been from the very beginning instead of some asinine home visit program.
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:53 PM   #308
Iceman90
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

There are a few products they'd initially announced rebated on,
but aren't on the website. Did they drop these, or are they coming later?

Old 04-29-2017, 10:26 AM   #309
Alpaca
Farm Team Player

Exp:

We have a mud room between our garage and house, has 2 ceiling fixtures with 2 60W bulbs in each. We wanted to try out the LED A19 9.5W bulbs being offered at $0.99 both the soft white and the daylight (5000K).
The soft white were very similar to the 60W incandescent, the Daylight were like sunlight was shinning in the room, much brighter.
I am going to buy a few more to try in the garage and shop where we currently have 100W bulbs, I think the LED A19 9.5W daylight which is a 60W replacement might actually give a brighter work area than the 100 W we currently use.
Alpaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 08:55 PM   #310
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I finally replaced almost all the bulbs to LED in my house thanks to Lowes and the new Government program. I was a Lowes a few weeks ago and when I walked in the door a greeter was handing out $25 "gift cards" that could be used April 21 to May something. Today I went and picked up 11 A19, 6 GU10 and 3 Par20 bulbs for free. I still need 4 tiny, weird halogen replacements for my bathroom fixture which I couldn't find LED bulbs for. I also need a bunch of LED tubes for my garage and I'll be completely converted.
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 11:31 PM   #311
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am finding the stores to be a bit disorganized as far as the rebates go. Was at a Home Depot and it seemed like this was sprung onto them with no notice. Anyway, the bulbs that I wanted and that the rebate applied to were sold out. Hoping they get it together next week, but this wasn't a good roll-out to the deal, IMO.

I bought a bunch of the T18 LED replacements a few months ago though and love them. Instant-on in my garage during the winter is awesome. Standing there flipping the switch on and off repeatedly, hoping a few of the old fluorescents might bother light up was agonizing.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 07:11 AM   #312
Ace
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Alberta Residential Energy Savings Program

The Costco bulbs have always been the best IMO, most of them are all CRI > 90, and they have a ton of stock. The stores are organized. They had all the things that qualify for the rebate moved to the center isles with appropriate signage (Beacon Hill)

Last edited by Ace; 04-30-2017 at 07:14 AM.
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:26 AM   #313
dubc80
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

These guys actually called me and I have an appointment this Thursday. Lets see what happens.
dubc80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:40 AM   #314
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubc80 View Post
These guys actually called me and I have an appointment this Thursday. Lets see what happens.
Maybe its one of those scams like from Seinfeld where they'd clean your carpet as a prelude to indoctrinating you into their Cult.

It is the NDP....

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 06:52 AM   #315
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If you have CFL bulbs switch them for incandescents because they won't switch out CFLs for you because they are already efficient and the government wants to poison you with mercury so you are crazy enough to vote for them again
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 06:55 PM   #316
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Old 06-14-2017, 06:57 PM   #317
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
OMG only one more sleep! OMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2017, 11:16 PM   #318
dubc80
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So, these guys came by today.

I had 49 new light bulbs installed. We had just moved into this place a few months ago and the previous owners were an older couple so the majority of the bulbs were the old school ones. I was in the process of replacing, but stopped when I learned this program was going to get rolled out.

All bulbs are in-scope, there is no limit. They changed out our outside porch ones, hood fan, garage ones, ceiling fan ones, bathroom fixtures, etc. I had a few fixtures which only had one bulb but they put a new bulb in the empty spot too. Specialty bulbs are excluded so the more expensive kitchen halogens on the track-type fixtures and pot lights are excluded. They left all the CFL bulbs alone too. They take all the old bulbs with them.

They installed low-flow shower heads in my spare washrooms but we told them to exclude our kids washroom since we have one of those handheld units there. The low flow ones actually arent too bad. I tested one out tonight. The ones previously on there were the original 90's ones and the water pressure is about the same surprisingly.

They gave us smart powerbars for our entertainment/tv areas. The powerbar has a few "always on" spots, but the majority are on a timer based system which shuts off whatever is plugged into it after a certain duration of time (which can be set). Its also got a sensor, so it can tell when the a/v unit is in use and it will stay on, or turn back on, I believe. Ive already re-installed my original one actually. The make is embertec and the model is Emberstrip 8AV+ if you want to check the specs. They wanted to take my old powerbars but I told them I wanted to keep it since I wasnt sure I'd like this new one.

I missed out on the Nest thermostat as I already updated mine before this program was rolled out. But that was an available swap out too. I'm not sure what model it would of been.

Last edited by dubc80; 06-15-2017 at 11:33 PM.
dubc80 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dubc80 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2017, 12:22 AM   #319
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So, these guys came by today.

I had 49 new light bulbs installed. We had just moved into this place a few months ago and the previous owners were an older couple so the majority of the bulbs were the old school ones. I was in the process of replacing, but stopped when I learned this program was going to get rolled out.

All bulbs are in-scope, there is no limit. They changed out our outside porch ones, hood fan, garage ones, ceiling fan ones, bathroom fixtures, etc. I had a few fixtures which only had one bulb but they put a new bulb in the empty spot too. Specialty bulbs are excluded so the more expensive kitchen halogens on the track-type fixtures and pot lights are excluded. They left all the CFL bulbs alone too. They take all the old bulbs with them.

They installed low-flow shower heads in my spare washrooms but we told them to exclude our kids washroom since we have one of those handheld units there. The low flow ones actually arent too bad. I tested one out tonight. The ones previously on there were the original 90's ones and the water pressure is about the same surprisingly.

They gave us smart powerbars for our entertainment/tv areas. The powerbar has a few "always on" spots, but the majority are on a timer based system which shuts off whatever is plugged into it after a certain duration of time (which can be set). Its also got a sensor, so it can tell when the a/v unit is in use and it will stay on, or turn back on, I believe. Ive already re-installed my original one actually. The make is embertec and the model is Emberstrip 8AV+ if you want to check the specs. They wanted to take my old powerbars but I told them I wanted to keep it since I wasnt sure I'd like this new one.

I missed out on the Nest thermostat as I already updated mine before this program was rolled out. But that was an available swap out too. I'm not sure what model it would of been.
Holy hell King Louis XIV....I didnt think you lived in the palace of Versailles anymore....

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:14 AM   #320
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Holy hell King Louis XIV....I didnt think you lived in the palace of Versailles anymore....
I laughed out loud at this, then counted the number of bulbs in my apartment... 26. It doesn't seem too ridiculous a house would have 49.