Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-25-2022, 04:19 PM   #61
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Honestly check Facebook Marketplace or Kijiji for the Legends Pro - I've seen them as low as $150 on there before. The Brick takes pretty heavy discounts on them occasionally too.

Arcade1Ups have become a bit of an addiction since I started this thread and I'm up to 9 now

TMNT
NBA Jam
Outrun
Star Wars Pinball
Buck Hunter
Marvel vs Capcom (Original)
Golden Tee
The Simpsons
Street Fighter II Yoga Flame

I've been able to get them all on sale, or with heavy discounts second hand, and it's honestly become a bit of an addiction to try to find them for cheap or a discount.

I'm pretty much out of space now though (which is a good thing), with just one last spot reserved for NFL Blitz once it goes on sale at a discount or second hand ($800 is way too much).
Thanks Matt, apologies for derailing your thread again. That collection is amazing... Some of my favorite games. If only I had the space. lol
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 04:26 PM   #62
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Flames_Fan View Post
Thanks Matt, apologies for derailing your thread again. That collection is amazing... Some of my favorite games. If only I had the space. lol
Not a thread derail at all.

Learning about these things and modding to play more games is half of the fun.

It's awesome how easy it is to get into now and lots of different options depending on what you're looking for. (Arcade1Up, iiRcade, ATGames Legend, or build a custom one)
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 06:40 AM   #63
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm pretty much out of space now though (which is a good thing), with just one last spot reserved for NFL Blitz once it goes on sale at a discount or second hand ($800 is way too much).
Maybe you already know but NFL Blitz can be had for $599 this week.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 06:42 AM   #64
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Maybe you already know but NFL Blitz can be had for $599 this week.
I’ll post an updated video of the basement here one day…but Blitz was added to the collection when it went on sale here.
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2022, 07:14 AM   #65
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I’ll post an updated video of the basement here one day…but Blitz was added to the collection when it went on sale here.
How is NFL Blitz? I'm kind of interested in that one because my boys like playing Madden. I would be more interested in Golden Tee but not sure my boys would.
Old 11-23-2022, 08:43 AM   #66
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
How is NFL Blitz? I'm kind of interested in that one because my boys like playing Madden. I would be more interested in Golden Tee but not sure my boys would.
Build wise I think it’s the best form factor of any of the cabinets I have. Perfect height, nice slope on the control panel, and really just looks sharp.

In terms of the gameplay I’ve had no issues so far. I’ve read about some glitches so far but the gameplay to me is classic Blitz. You do notice no late hits and some of the removed commentary at first but once you’re in the game it’s irrelevant.

I think that this and Golden tee will be the two most played cabs in my house when it’s all said and done
Old 11-24-2022, 10:28 AM   #67
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
FlameOn showed me it was on sale at The Brick for $100 CAD at the moment so you might want to check that out. Strangely The Brick seems to be the most reliable place to get arcades machines on sale.

https://www.thebrick.com/products/at...built-in-games

Not quite as good as the $50 USD that it was on clearance for at US Gamestops awhile back but decent enough for a quality wireless stick as well as basically a mini computer that runs everything.

1. CoinOpsX is one of the simplest setups I've done. I'm coming off the pains of trying to build my library in retroarch with emulation station on a hacked Playstation classic and every step is manual. CoinOps and CoinOpsX is a curated library that already has all the games and art and front ends set up for you. Out of the box, an older version of Coinops X was even included and works, but after firmware update, the process changed.

This guide is easy to follow https://wagnerstechtalk.com/al-coinopsx/

Simple summary:

- Download the arcade archive called "Coinops X Arcade Version 5 Is Alive saUCEy Edition" which is on Archive.org, torrents, etc.

- Get an at least 128GB usb drive and set up 2 partitions. One to host the CoinOps X app, and the other data partition to hold all the games

- You get an app from AtGames called AddOnX tool for your computer which you use to build the library onto the USB data partition

- Use the AtGames Core Flash Drive X to format the smaller app partition so it's tied to the device and install the Coinops X application from the internet through the AtGames menu. Then restart

2. After playing with it for 1 day, I do kind of wish I got the Legends Mini Pro because CoinOps X has dedicated categories for spinner games and trackball games and I feel like I'm missing out. It wasn't on sale or in stock at the Brick so I didn't get it. You can also use the two joysticks to play twinstick games. You can also drop the whole thing into into a future arcade cab build. Of course, you'll need this one if you want to play 2 player with a friend. It has a trackball but I wish it had the spinners of the Legends Ultimate cab.

It's much larger so better played on a coffee table or counter. I use the Gamer Mini as a lap joystick on the couch right now and the bigger one might be unwieldy.

---

As far as other things to watch out for, I originally used a 256GB NVME external enclosure on the AtGames core puck to host my games and it possibly drew too much power or something because the puck bugged out a few times and broke my wireless connectivity. After leaving it unplugged overnight it was fine again and I ordered a Samsung fit slim USB 3.1 drive to plug in but I think any general thumb drive will work.

There is a new firmware that was supposed to come out yesterday to remove the need to log into your AtGames account to launch CoinOps X but I don't see it available yet. If that comes out, then it would be perfect as you can set up the system to actually boot to many different things of your own choice - even directly into an installed app like CoinOps X so it always just goes straight to your games.

Finally, there's no way to turn off the puck aside from unplugging it so some people connect a power switch to it, use a powerbar, or use a smart plug so they can voice control or power it on/off with their phone.

The puck itself isn't the most powerful system. It will work with the majority of the CoinOps X library but there are a few games that experience slow down or glitches - I suspect this is because its a work in progress and not every game is optimized. AtGames actually provides tools to build the UCE files for roms and I think I just need to rebuild one or two roms with a different libretro core. That's not a big deal because 99% of the work has already been done by the r/FansOfSauce group and I appreciate having all the games and front end set up nicely which would otherwise take me months of effort.
If anyone is interested The Brick has the Legends Gamer Pro on sale for $198.13 or the mini for $98.13 for Black Friday. Best price it's been in Canada for awhile especially with free shipping to store. Once you get coin ops set up as explained by Hack & Lube it really is a pretty awesome retro gaming set up.

https://www.thebrick.com/products/at...built-in-games
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 08:05 AM   #68
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I’m thinking $700 for the TMNT arcade 1up is probably as good as I’ll do, eh? Looks like the price is good until Dec 1.
bagofpucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 09:59 PM   #69
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagofpucks View Post
I’m thinking $700 for the TMNT arcade 1up is probably as good as I’ll do, eh? Looks like the price is good until Dec 1.
Honestly I’m surprised that one hasn’t went down to around $500 yet. Last years model and these things tend to go on sale quite frequently
Old 11-27-2022, 10:01 PM   #70
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Beauty, thanks for the response! I’ll hold off for now and see if it comes down at all.
bagofpucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 05:51 AM   #71
Jawbone Hill
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Hey everyone, found a deal on London Drugs webpage that some of you might be interested in. As part of their Cyber Monday sale they have some of their electronics on sale for 50% off. If you scroll through their sale webpage you'll find a couple of 1Up cabinets - I found Golden Tee for $449 and Big Buck Hunter for $349, as well as a Pac-Man stool for $50. You have to add the cabinet to your cart in order to see the discount.
https://www.londondrugs.com/cyber-monday/
Jawbone Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jawbone Hill For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2022, 07:49 AM   #72
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks man. I was looking at Golden Tee but didn't want to pay $700 for a cabinet that has a notoriously bad monitor. At this price I can justify it and placed one on order.
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2022, 09:09 AM   #73
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah I already have both, but those are crazy good deals.
Old 11-28-2022, 09:14 AM   #74
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah I already have both, but those are crazy good deals.
Is the Golden Tee monitor as bad as they say when it comes to viewing angle? I was thinking of ordering a refurbished Dell monitor to install during initial assembly.
Old 11-28-2022, 11:07 AM   #75
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Is the Golden Tee monitor as bad as they say when it comes to viewing angle? I was thinking of ordering a refurbished Dell monitor to install during initial assembly.
Honestly if you are directly in front of it, then it's fine.

It's the viewing angles from the side that are no good. If you could find one for cheap then probably not the worst idea just to swap it out.
Old 11-28-2022, 08:56 PM   #76
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

The old batch of Arcade 1 Ups have the terrible monitors with poor blacks, bad side viewing angles, etc. Really bad on my Atari one since all the oldschool games like Missile Command are on a black background.

Golden Tee is all bright and colorful so I don't think you'd notice head on.

The newer ones have good panels.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 09:54 PM   #77
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not the best video but here is the current state of the basement Arcade

https://youtube.com/shorts/i0R11n_r-xo?feature=share
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2022, 06:46 AM   #78
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Love how you got Zadorov's wild rush from last night in the video too!
psyang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to psyang For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2022, 10:16 AM   #79
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Not the best video but here is the current state of the basement Arcade

https://youtube.com/shorts/i0R11n_r-xo?feature=share
If no one else is gonna say it then I will. SuperMatt18, I am jealous of that basement. Well done!
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2022, 01:47 PM   #80
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
The old batch of Arcade 1 Ups have the terrible monitors with poor blacks, bad side viewing angles, etc. Really bad on my Atari one since all the oldschool games like Missile Command are on a black background.

Golden Tee is all bright and colorful so I don't think you'd notice head on.

The newer ones have good panels.
there are two versions of golden tee, the bigger one is supposed to have a bad monitor but for $450 its an easy fix

Tags
arcade; retro gaming;