Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-13-2022, 10:11 AM   #1901
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Anyone with a PS Now and PlayStation plus will have the new PlayStation plus premium which is the Sony answer to game pass launching tomorrow.

Looks like some decent PS 5 titles that will be available tomorrow that I have been wanting to play like Returnal, and Assassins Creed Valhalla. Both Spider Man games will be available
Mid tier seems the best, I don't care about cloud streaming or their weak PS2 selection and trials. For the most part the catalogue seems to be all of the games previously offered through PS+ so if anyone didn't claim it in a certain month (Which is dumb) they have access now plus as you said the other selection of games. Personally i'm going to finally check out returnal now that its offered.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2022, 10:27 AM   #1902
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
Mid tier seems the best, I don't care about cloud streaming or their weak PS2 selection and trials. For the most part the catalogue seems to be all of the games previously offered through PS+ so if anyone didn't claim it in a certain month (Which is dumb) they have access now plus as you said the other selection of games. Personally i'm going to finally check out returnal now that its offered.
Is the premium option more geared toward previous generation gaming? I believe that you get limited samples of new games as part of this tier only? I saw I could have 2 hours of play with WWE 2K22 and Horizon Forbidden West.

When I heard about this I quickly did a 1 year subscription to PS Now as that seemed to be the cheapest way to secure the premium tier (honestly not sure if it is any cheaper). I think you are right though and the mid-tier is the sweet spot.

With games being $90+ it is tough to take the plunge so I am pumped to get to play some games I have been interested in but didn’t pull the trigger on purchasing.

Looking forward to work being done tonight so I can do some gaming
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 12:53 PM   #1903
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

They’re converting subscriptions to like-value new tier subscriptions, so buying PS Now didn’t give you any price advantage (as in, if you paid $100 for PS Now for x months, you don’t get x months worth of PS Premium, you get $100 worth of Premium).

Extra is definitely the way to go though. Some decent games I was meaning to check out and some games I had annoyingly been holding onto the discs for that I can now just play digitally. Premium seems like a value add exclusively for hardcore gamers that buy a lot of games anyway.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 12:59 PM   #1904
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Extra is the sweet spot for sure - especially for those just getting a PS5 now.

Returnal
Demon's Soul
Ghost of Tsushima: Directors Cut
Spiderman- Miles Morales

Those games alone make a 1 year subscription worth it if you don't own them yet - anything else they add or any third party games are just gravy on top of that.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2022, 01:59 PM   #1905
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

It's only 25$ a year more for premium. I think it's worth it for the extra content for me anyways.
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 03:21 PM   #1906
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

I still have an unused 12 month PS Plus card. Is it going to be viable? I was waiting until a decent exclusive dropped as the monthly game.

At this point I've cancelled both PS Plus (with the 12 month card in reserve) and Gamepass last month. I use Gamepass for PC ($11.99) and will reactivate it when a AAA drops like when Activision games like CoD finally show up after the MS Purchase or when Starfield comes out.

Cancelled all gaming subscriptions and investing heavily into buying back every handheld console I had as a child (Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Game Gear, Neo Geo Pocket Color).
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 03:24 PM   #1907
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Cancelled all gaming subscriptions and investing heavily into buying back every handheld console I had as a child (Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Game Gear, Neo Geo Pocket Color).
Have you seen what those consoles are worth new these days?!?!
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 03:29 PM   #1908
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
I still have an unused 12 month PS Plus card. Is it going to be viable? I was waiting until a decent exclusive dropped as the monthly game.

At this point I've cancelled both PS Plus (with the 12 month card in reserve) and Gamepass last month. I use Gamepass for PC ($11.99) and will reactivate it when a AAA drops like when Activision games like CoD finally show up after the MS Purchase or when Starfield comes out.

That PS plus card would just give you the essential which is PS plus as we have always known it. You can upgrade though for a fee to one of the new packages.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 03:44 PM   #1909
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Have you seen what those consoles are worth new these days?!?!
haha that's why I had to use the word "investing"

I've spent more than a PS5 already. Well worth it. I'm carrying a gameboy in my pocket everyday now as an adult and it brings so much joy that I haven't even powered on the PS5 for 3 months.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hack&Lube For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2022, 03:05 PM   #1910
ma-skis.com
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Any tips out there for finding a PS5? I'm shocked that these things are still so hard to find at this point.
ma-skis.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 03:25 PM   #1911
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma-skis.com View Post
Any tips out there for finding a PS5? I'm shocked that these things are still so hard to find at this point.
Available right now at Shoppers Online:

https://shop.shoppersdrugmart.ca/Sho...e=884095206925
The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2022, 07:48 PM   #1912
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
https://twitter.com/Lbabinz

Give them a follow. Tweets all the time about consoles etc
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KelVarnsen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2022, 07:08 AM   #1913
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Available right now at Shoppers Online:

https://shop.shoppersdrugmart.ca/Sho...e=884095206925
Back and available at Shoppers again!
The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2022, 09:47 AM   #1914
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

chemgear is like a drug dealer except for PS5s.

He should get a custom user title
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2022, 11:09 AM   #1915
ma-skis.com
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Back and available at Shoppers again!
Thanks! just pulled the trigger

edit: bonus! used up all those optimum points as well

Last edited by ma-skis.com; 08-08-2022 at 11:16 AM.
ma-skis.com is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ma-skis.com For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2022, 12:53 PM   #1916
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
chemgear is like a drug dealer except for PS5s.

He should get a custom user title
It's been a tough time for everybody with Xbox's, playstations and video cards for a few years. Hopefully we're all getting to a more stable place now.

(Just gimmie a Switch HD release! )

Quote:
Thanks! just pulled the trigger

edit: bonus! used up all those optimum points as well
Awesome! I tried to send a PM as well. Shoppers is like the best place if you've got their optimum points - too bad it wasn't a 20x the redemption today lol!
Old 08-08-2022, 06:20 PM   #1917
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Got a note directly from M$ advising Xbox are back in stock on their website.

We had joy, we had fun, we had a season in the sun, but the wine and the fun like the season is all gone.

Average team is average. Average drafts, average results, average trades, average asset management, average vision, average outcomes. Average.
McG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 02:07 PM   #1918
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Microsoft stopped publishing sales numbers when the gap kept growing, legal documents seem to confirm the expected doubled up ratio.

https://gameluster.com/court-documen...f-ps4-numbers/

The information can be found on page 18 of the Microsoft court papers dated Aug. 9, 2022. The translated line reads “Sony has surpassed Microsoft in terms of console sales and install base, having sold more than twice as many [than] Xbox in the last generation”

Sony recently released their final PS4 sales figures, confirming 117.2 million sales of the console line, making it the second biggest home console of all time. This means the Xbox One consoles must have sold less than approximately 58.5 million units

Ampere Analysis data predicted 51 million sales of the Xbox One line of consoles in 2020, and it appears they were right.

Old 08-15-2022, 02:09 PM   #1919
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

I have to assume that will change a bit this generation. I don't own a PS5 or Xbox Series, but if I were to buy one of them today it would be the Xbox.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 02:50 PM   #1920
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the supply chain issues will be the biggest influence. I think there were press releases about how there are still shortages that were holding back sales certainly for Sony still at this point.

It does seem like things are healing though. Even Steamdecks seem to be pushing out decent pre-orders these days.

I am just disappointed that the Switch OLED Pro has been nixed at least until 2023 at this point.