Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-14-2021, 09:41 AM   #121
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
JD is an idiot

Yeah, just dumb in every aspect of his game. From the Money comment in the challenge, to just being a dupe in the strategy side of things.

Like I said, this is just not a great cast, except for the one former NFL'er who seems like he's out of place in this game.

Players have gotten so focused on resume building and blindsiding, that they've lost sight of key parts of the game. Getting through to the merge with a strong team. Using someone that has power like honest iago and then slamming the blade into their back when you need to.

I mean when someone like Tiffany is surviving in this game there's a problem.

I'm starting to miss players like Rob and Ambuh and Johnny Fairplay who made the game interesting.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2021, 03:18 PM   #122
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well...we lost our first player, in trackercowe.

I dunno. I am excited that the show is back, but...it feels...meh? 4 shows in, and I'm not really rooting for anyone in particular. Yellow is so bad that a team throwing a challenge still can't lose.

At least...that Nathan fellow seemed like a pretty awesome guy.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2021, 08:06 PM   #123
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I think JD would be a decent player once he grows up a bit. He's just so young and naïve at this point.

He knows the game and loves the game you can tell that much, he just isn't quite getting it yet. If they bring him back down the road I think he would be a lot stronger player.

So far though pretty meh season.
Old 10-18-2021, 12:16 AM   #124
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

He gave away his advantage right before tribal two weeks in a row...a ridiculously stupid move. My 14 year old wouldn't do that.

If someone is making you do something to "prove" your trust they don't trust you.

There are thousands of people that would love a shot, sorry JD ya blew it so bad there is no reason to ever bring you back.

Money
Old 10-20-2021, 10:01 PM   #125
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ricard seems pretty smug, would've liked to see him blindsided. But I had a feeling Genie was going after they showed the argument between Ricard and Shan - felt the editors were trying to trick the viewers into thinking Ricard would go.

Liking Naseer, Shan, and Xander the most right now.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 10:10 PM   #126
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

We lose two more players in Barnes and bigtmac19 with Genie going home

Well, things seem to be picking up a little bit, at least.

Kinda wondering how Shan got JD's advantage, though. I thought that a player couldn't give them away. I seem to recall one season where one player gave another their immunity idol to hold, and that player tried to use it and couldn't, after being told it wasn't theirs.

Or is that just for immunity idols? Or if a player is voted out while they have someone else holding their advantage, it just defaults to the person holding it?

Also, how did Shan get the Immunity Idol? Yeah, she said the phrase, but they agreed that 'no one' had opened it. If I was Ricard I've have gone straight from the Challenge back and claimed the now powered up Idol. Or is because Shan was the one who said the phrase, it was considered 'hers'? I dunno.

I'm liking what they did with showing us how Naseer got his idol. That was neat.

Looks like the merge is coming up...maybe? They've got enough for 1 big tribe or two small ones. I also imagine that anyone voted out from now on out will be on the Jury, too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2021, 06:25 AM   #127
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

All 3 said they wouldn't open it. But the rules say if you open it, you are bound to it(including the lost vote). Shan was the one who physically opened it, so it was hers at that point.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2021, 08:44 AM   #128
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Another pretty uninspiring episode. I loved Richard giving Shan his "Do you think I'm stupid" look when she asked for her advantage back. If that's strategic play I don't know man. I just don't know.

I expect there's not a merger, but a reshuffling to two teams somehow, with an evening out of the new teams with an instant elimination challenge with tribal on the beach.

Old 10-21-2021, 08:59 AM   #129
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I loved the editing of showing the 3rd guy finding the idol.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 09:05 AM   #130
ajr4013
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
I loved the editing of showing the 3rd guy finding the idol.
Yeah that was nice to be surprised for a change. Naseer is becoming my favorite.
ajr4013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 02:36 PM   #131
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

That Knowledge is Power advantage is absolutely ridiculous

Preventing someone from lying goes against the very essence of this show, and it’s way too overpowered

They should go back to basics next season. One immunity idol per tribe and no other advantages
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mile For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2021, 02:50 PM   #132
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mile View Post
That Knowledge is Power advantage is absolutely ridiculous

Preventing someone from lying goes against the very essence of this show, and it’s way too overpowered

They should go back to basics next season. One immunity idol per tribe and no other advantages
Ya, that is a weird one. It's usually not to hard to catch wind of an advantage floating around. Maybe if the other payers were aware of this, so they woudl know to keep their mouths shut, it would be more balanced.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 03:27 PM   #133
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Theres too many advantages.

The cast is awful so hopefully it will generate some excitement. But this season is very underwhelming.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2021, 12:57 AM   #134
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why are these people so terrible...find an advantage and give it away! again!

There are 3 of you...if you find an idol don't going running to a chick that already stole an advantage and let her convince you not to open it FFS. Also, they already blindsided you once dumbass
Old 10-22-2021, 09:37 AM   #135
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm finding this season really dull. Not sure why. I just don't have strong emotions to any of the players. There's no one i'm really rooting for or rooting against. Probably the worst season in recent memory by a good margin.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2021, 10:06 AM   #136
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I think its because either players are really over aggressive playing the game but really aren't as smart or strategic as they believe they are, or there are a lot of players doing the low profile game, and that's dull.

Also because one tribe is constantly getting devastating we really don't know the other tribes that well.

Old 10-25-2021, 11:58 AM   #137
NuclearFart
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I think its because either players are really over aggressive playing the game but really aren't as smart or strategic as they believe they are, or there are a lot of players doing the low profile game, and that's dull.
Agreed. >90% of this crop appears really dumb, boring and/or annoying.

The "strategic moves" to date also seem poorly reasoned and premature. Why are you throwing challenges to sacrifice a teamate so early in the game, when you are consistently dominating, you've established a repore, and its all about the numbers when you eventually merge? Why are you telling everyone about the advantages you found when there is no upside in that moment? Why are you repeatedly giving your advantage away to someone who clearly doesn't trust you?

Maybe these glaring plot holes are the result of editing, but if true, thats a problem. They need to do a better job showing us the 'why' so we can start to understand the characters and feel more invested in their development. Right now its just a jumbled disconnnected mess of incomprehensible acts written by Tommy Wiseau.
NuclearFart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 09:07 AM   #138
OptimalTates
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
I'm finding this season really dull. Not sure why. I just don't have strong emotions to any of the players. There's no one i'm really rooting for or rooting against. Probably the worst season in recent memory by a good margin.
I think becaause:
  • Too small tribes. When there's three people left in a tribe, there's no real room for strategic moves and social dynamics/maneuvering, the reason I watch.
  • And they cut down on showing those strategic and social dynamics to give us weird-ass advantages. Real great we got to see JD interact with the two other tribe members that contributed nothing to the game since he was voted out.
  • The weird human interest pieces. Not trying to sound too heartless but do we really need to spend 10 minutes each episode on some sob story?
  • Trying to keep everything secret. We could have the making of some really good villains in Shan and Ricard if they just let us watch them play and control the tribe. Instead we get 20 minutes of them pretending that the vote is going to go a different way and someone we don't care about gets evicted because we barely know anything because last episode they spent 20 minutes pretending the vote was going to go a different way. Like did anyone know Brad and Genie were that close?

3 minutes for recap/post tribal dynamics.
5 minutes of some secret advantage bs (whether going to the island or running around looking for advantages)
2 minutes to explain the advantages
10 minutes of people crying about their personal life (again, sorry for being heartless)
10 minutes on competitions
5 minutes on copouts that we know aren't going anywhere
10 minutes on tribal

Like that's all the time they have. Instead of going with "Season 41 is going to be the new Survivor" I wish they did the exact opposite and said Season 41 is going to be the same as the first. Two tribes, no advantages, no hidden immunity, no swaps and just a merge. Also here's no food so survival is important.
OptimalTates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OptimalTates For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2021, 10:00 PM   #139
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Australian Survivor has passed the US version IMO...last few seasons anyway

I suggest pirating it (we can't get it here anyway as far as I know)
Old 10-27-2021, 10:12 PM   #140
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

No one goes home tonight. From them or us.

I dunno about this one. It does seem like the advantages and things are getting out of hand, though maybe that's just because everyone's always telling everyone else about them.

I did like how they handled the merge-thing. I also like Erica's decision. That's the sort of thing I'd like to see more of. No 'advantages', but some decisions with some pretty major consequences. I wonder, if she reverses the decision...do the 6 losers get a meal?

I almost kinda feel sorry for Xander. He works SO dang hard and the team(s) he's on just can't win. Guess that goes to show that voting out strength early isn't a very good decision.