Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2023, 06:35 PM   #2821
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedder View Post
Don't want to sound like you're victim blaming, but you 100% are.

Women should expect to be drugged and raped if they get invited to a band's after party?
I think he just stupidity didn't actually read what happened. At least I really, really hope that's what happened?
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 10:54 PM   #2822
cam_calderon
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
I think he just stupidity didn't actually read what happened. At least I really, really hope that's what happened?
I read what allegedly happened. If in fact these girls were drugged and anything non-consensual happened, that is obviously horrific, as would be any sexual assault. One of the most egregious things that a person can do to another.

That said, at this point these are just allegations. We don't know if the girls woke up the next morning feeling down about themselves, and/or decided to derive some money/fame from the situation. Journalists and internet mobs are not prosecutors, let's remember that. You are innocent until proven guilty, some people would do well to keep that in mind.

What is pretty clear is that if you're going backstage at any concert, let alone a Rammstein concert, you're probably walking into a pretty seedy situation where sex and drugs will be extremely prominent. You're not being invited to watch Friends and have milk and cookies.

Last edited by cam_calderon; 06-11-2023 at 10:56 PM.
cam_calderon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 11:18 PM   #2823
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oooof. Maybe try digging up
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2023, 12:06 AM   #2824
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_calderon View Post
I read what allegedly happened. If in fact these girls were drugged and anything non-consensual happened, that is obviously horrific, as would be any sexual assault. One of the most egregious things that a person can do to another.

That said, at this point these are just allegations. We don't know if the girls woke up the next morning feeling down about themselves, and/or decided to derive some money/fame from the situation. Journalists and internet mobs are not prosecutors, let's remember that. You are innocent until proven guilty, some people would do well to keep that in mind.

What is pretty clear is that if you're going backstage at any concert, let alone a Rammstein concert, you're probably walking into a pretty seedy situation where sex and drugs will be extremely prominent. You're not being invited to watch Friends and have milk and cookies.
Not sure why you keep acting like you have more awareness over what happens at these parties than the people invited to them would. It’s pretty clear that the issue has nothing to do with casual sex and recreational drugs at a party, it’s the non-consensual sex and the drugs unknowingly used to facilitate it that are at issue. Who do you honestly think “you’re not watching Friends and having milk and cookies” is for, and if these women are actually victims of sexual assault, is that something you would be comfortable saying to their face?

Your whole angle on this is absurd, but stuff like your last line make it pretty clearly you are absolutely victim blaming, despite you wanting to call it something different.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 12:09 AM   #2825
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Man I thought the old 'she was a whore and asking for it' defence was long dead
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2023, 12:21 AM   #2826
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

As a general rule once you start a post with “Don't want to sound like I'm victim blaming” you are victim blaming.
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 02:16 AM   #2827
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Oh boy, you're a moron.

First of all, most of the women have gone forward anonymously through papers, so that already blows your theory out of the water.

Also, what effin fame? Fame as rape victim who guys like you will always say kinda had it coming? Fame to get hated on and harassed by Rammstein fans? Just in general, being the woman in these stories never ends up being a net positive for the woman. This stuff destroys womens careers, it doesn't elevate them.

And what money? This isn't the US, with their out of court settlement system and massive in court payments.

Let's also go deeper into why what you're saying is so effing stupid: because you're thinking you know better than these women what to expect.

Yes, young women do know that being invited to a party for being hot means guys will make passes at you. Any woman and most very young girls know this. They DO know better, and they know this much much better than you could ever understand this stuff as a man.

In fact there's even a case where a woman was totally ready to give head to Lindemann, but nothing more because she has medical condition which prohibits vaginal intercourse. Lindemann still pressured her into it, and when she started bleeding he called it "just menstrual blood". Understandably she's not okay with that, but this isn't stuff anyone would air out in public for the fun of it.

As that story kind of perfectly illustrates, the women who go into these afterparties aren't idiots, they aren't ashamed and they absolutely do expect to get hit on, and probably kissed and groped without consent, and they've very likely already considered how much they're going to be okay with.

They still have a right to say no if the artist is being an a-hole, snd they shouldn't need to be afraid of being drugged and raped while unconscious.

Last edited by Itse; 06-12-2023 at 02:29 AM.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 04:00 PM   #2828
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Colleen Ballinger is better known for her character, Miranda Sings. She's been accused of grooming an underaged boy. Most people probably wouldn't have heard about this except he decided to confront the allegations with a ukulele song. It's so bizarre.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...ions-rcna91707

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 06:52 PM   #2829
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Colleen Ballinger is better known for her character, Miranda Sings. She's been accused of grooming an underaged boy. Most people probably wouldn't have heard about this except he decided to confront the allegations with a ukulele song. It's so bizarre.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...ions-rcna91707

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2023, 12:55 PM   #2830
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Surprised this wasn't bumped for what's coming out on Jonah Hill this past week or so.

https://www.nme.com/news/film/what-d...lained-3467885

Quote:
Nikolas claimed that, Hill “slammed me to the door and shoved his tongue down my throat”, during a party at Long’s house when she was 16 and Hill was 24. The alleged incident left her “so appalled I pushed him off of me and ran inside”

Last edited by jayswin; 07-12-2023 at 01:02 PM.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 03:13 PM   #2831
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Surprised this wasn't bumped for what's coming out on Jonah Hill this past week or so.

https://www.nme.com/news/film/what-d...lained-3467885
probably unfair but this doesn't surprise me in the least, great actor but he gives off huge 'I'm a ###### bag' vibes
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2023, 03:39 PM   #2832
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Thank you

I watched those 36 secs far too many times.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 06:44 PM   #2833
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
probably unfair but this doesn't surprise me in the least, great actor but he gives off huge 'I'm a ###### bag' vibes

Jonah Hill really does seem like a pompous ass. There was another allegation earlier in the week that was ridiculous though. Another ex-girlfriend said something along the lines of he asked her to take down her bikini post from Instagram and she was offended. Really paraphrased, but I think that's more than reasonable for a partner to say they're not comfortable with that if they're in a relationship and posting thirst traps. The girlfriend goes on to say he's not a feminist because of that. Naa man, that's just being a considerate partner to talk it through. Anyway, this allegation seems more along the lines of a legit case of harassment. Hope we don't have to hear from him for a bit as he seems to play the sulky victim every minute he can.
bluejays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 07:01 PM   #2834
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejays View Post
Jonah Hill really does seem like a pompous ass. There was another allegation earlier in the week that was ridiculous though. Another ex-girlfriend said something along the lines of he asked her to take down her bikini post from Instagram and she was offended. Really paraphrased, but I think that's more than reasonable for a partner to say they're not comfortable with that if they're in a relationship and posting thirst traps. The girlfriend goes on to say he's not a feminist because of that. Naa man, that's just being a considerate partner to talk it through. Anyway, this allegation seems more along the lines of a legit case of harassment. Hope we don't have to hear from him for a bit as he seems to play the sulky victim every minute he can.
Dude are you serious with this? She’s a professional surfer and posted pictures of herself surfing! Absolutely nothing wrong with that but there is certainly something wrong with him telling her not to post a picture or hang out with her “wild” girlfriends, or any other issues he deemed “inappropriate”. No, just no.
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bigtmac19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2023, 07:05 PM   #2835
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejays View Post
Yeah, not sure about the physical incident above that jayswin posted as that sounds pretty gross but in trying to find out what this dude did it led me to this exchange and reading through the texts and I didn’t really see anything there that could constitute any form of abuse and mostly just looked like two people fighting at the end of a relationship. You have to read the whole exchange though, and I was sorry I did as it was mostly a waste of time.
Mr.Coffee is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2023, 07:08 PM   #2836
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

No idea about the wild girlfriend stuff or her profession at all. I was just going by what I read. If you're in a relationship and you're uncomfortable with something I have no problem with a person saying it and talking about it. Again, don't know that part you're referring to as I read a general article that didn't go into specifics (on Yahoo). edit: here https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...211833701.html

This most recent one is pure harassment it seems.

Last edited by bluejays; 07-12-2023 at 07:11 PM.
bluejays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 07:13 PM   #2837
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Yeah I mean (personally, my opinion) he came across as pretty controlling (and sort of conflates or is unclear a bit in telling her what she can or can’t do while trying to communicate what he was comfortable with in a long term relationship) and she wasn’t cool with that so it ended and they remained friends for awhile. Then later, he tells her he is dating someone and was trying to be upfront with her and didn’t want her to find out about it in the press. Then there was some sexting apparently but that seemed like it was consensual based on her account (which was a bit weird as it was unclear if he was with the new girl and sexting the old one? Or something?), and then they got in a fight. He tries to portray himself as being respectful to her and generally most of what he communicates to her is that way, but again I wouldn’t interpret any of that exchange as necessarily abuse at all. It looked a bit like she was maybe hurt by him moving on quick and trying to embarrass him a bit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2023, 07:46 PM   #2838
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Those texts are very clearly emotionally abusive. I don’t know if they are intended to be that way, or they come from a place of being unwell and insecure that results in a need to control, but they are not indicative of the way anyone should talk to their partner regardless of what stage the relationship is at. I think Brady summed it up by saying it didn’t make him a terrible person, but that it wasn’t ok. I think that’s fair.

The other allegation is tough to believe, just based on the fact that the accuser has accused at least half a dozen people of abuse, grooming, and bullying her. You always want to believe people when they talk about this stuff, but there is a point where you see someone weaponizing therapy language (in the same way Hill was doing) and adding people to their list of abusers when it’s most convenient to add them that you start to question it.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2023, 07:56 PM   #2839
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Those texts are very clearly emotionally abusive. I don’t know if they are intended to be that way, or they come from a place of being unwell and insecure that results in a need to control, but they are not indicative of the way anyone should talk to their partner regardless of what stage the relationship is at. I think Brady summed it up by saying it didn’t make him a terrible person, but that it wasn’t ok. I think that’s fair.

The other allegation is tough to believe, just based on the fact that the accuser has accused at least half a dozen people of abuse, grooming, and bullying her. You always want to believe people when they talk about this stuff, but there is a point where you see someone weaponizing therapy language (in the same way Hill was doing) and adding people to their list of abusers when it’s most convenient to add them that you start to question it.
Which part of the texts did you think were emotionally abusive?
Old 07-12-2023, 08:08 PM   #2840
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

See, when I had a quick look through the texts, my thought was "he's trying to protect himself from the media getting a hold of that kind of stuff." because I could just see the headlines. Being mindful of how you and your SO's present themselves when you are a public figure is a huge thing.

I read them more as having more of a "This is what it's like when you date me to avoid paparazzi drama. If that's too much, then I wish you well and we need to end this amicably now" sort of tone.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post: