Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 10:33 AM   #41
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

For spills of food, booze or baby puke, get a dog.
zukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:54 PM   #42
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes View Post
For spills of food, booze or baby puke, get a dog.
No kidding.

I have to sweep the kitchen floor far more often now that my dog is dead.

Here's something for the married guys (and gals, i guess) who use silver around the holidays.

Lay a sheet of aluminum foil in the bottom of a wide pan or pot and Put 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking soda and enough water to cover your silverware by a couple of inches. Bring it to a boil, then put the silver in anywhere between 2-5 minutes. Remove, and dry with a soft cloth.

Just say to the wife, "don't worry hun, I'll do the silverware." put the water on, go watch some tv and on the commercial break, come in, put the silver in, maybe open a beer and get some crackers, then take the silver out, dry it then take it over to your seat and give it a little buff when your show comes back on.

Easy peasy japanesey.

Oh, and don't put the silver on or near rubber, it tarnishes it.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:33 PM   #43
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
For scuff marks and stuff, get a Mr Clean Magic Eraser. When I moved into my house the old people had left the walls in bad shape. My sister told me to buy some erasers, saying "if they showed on TV how well it really works, nobody would buy them because nobody would believe them." Wow, was she right.
I bought a couple of these after work today and gave them a shot on the ol' tub. I dont think that thing has looked that clean since the day I moved it. Unreal, thanks for the tip.
KevanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 05:23 AM   #44
madisonbtb
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

we just acquired a very nice, very expensive tv but one of his kids decided to go van gogh on it with a crayon. i think it is a plasma screen so i don't want to ruin it anymore than necessary. anyone have a suggestion to get rid of it?
madisonbtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:43 AM   #45
HalifaxDrunk
#2 960 Prankster

Exp:

The greatest cleaner I've used is called "Winning Colours". LINK

Last year (August) my wife was out of town for a few days and I decided to be an awesome husband and do a "while you were out" thing and make our baby nursery. We didn't know the sex of the baby so instead of picking one colour I put up a chair rail and painted yellow on top and green on the bottom.

When I was just about finished I spilled a whole gallon of green paint on the beige carpet, talk about a bad feeling! I was up all night scooping paint, then used a carpet steamer/cleaner for over 5 hours (even called in sick to clean it the next day). I was left with this.

I tried everything Canadian Tire & Walmart had from Oxy clean to Spot Shot, nothing worked. Four days later I went to Benjamin Moore Paints where a guy swore by Winning Colours (you can now find it at Canadian Tire), I figured what could I lose?

The stuff is AMAZING! It was now 4 days and dozens of cleaners later and I figured the stain was dry and set in for life. I sprayed it over the whole stain and let it sit about 15 seconds, then just blotted it up with a white rag, no scrubbing just blotting. This picture was taken right after cleaning (the carpet is still wet, so looks a bit dark).

When she got home my wife was ecstatic by the nursery. I told her I spilled green paint on the carpet and asked to to find it, she couldn't and would not believe me it happened until I showed her the pictures.

***The only warning I have is the stuff stinks to high heaven! You really need to be able to air out wherever you use it*** However once dry there is no smell at all.

This past Labour day my wife spilled somekind of blueberry dessert in our SUV, it took the purple stain completely out of light grey carpet. I also used it on an old pair of "work around the house jeans" and it took out paint and an oil stain from years before. Great stuff.
HalifaxDrunk is offline   Reply With Quote