Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 01:13 PM   #1
worth
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Glenmore & 84th Street SE - WTF?

Anyone head out that way this morning? Their widening the road/intersection there from 1 lane each way to 2 lanes each way. Over the weekend they had to move the street lights outward because previously they were in the middle of the new lanes they were building.

Unfortunately, those of us going East bound on Glenmore got the shaft this morning. There used to be a turn signal on Glenmore east bound to turn north on 84th and that has been removed. Since there is a steady stream of traffic coming into the city from eastbound Glenmore, only two cars can turn northbound off Glenmore per light (at the end of the light when it turns yellow) with the turn signal now gone.

I was at the intersection at 6:30am and it took me until after 7:00am to finally get through. Half an hour to move maybe 500m.

I'll change the way I go to work tomorrow, but does anyone know if they will be putting that turn signal back in once construction is complete? That intersection was in need of major upgrades. Traffic has been horrible there for a year or so now, but if their leaving it like this I don't know how much better it will be.

I also tried looking on the city website for info but they didn't have anything on that particular project.
worth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:16 PM   #2
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

I am quite certain they will put proper turn signals in when they finish the upgrades. It is possible they are putting an upright light for the turn signals, so the overhead lights don't have one.

You can always call 311 and ask.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:19 PM   #3
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

Be glad you don't live in Edmonton. I spend more time sitting at lights waiting to turn left than actually driving.

I'm sure they will put it back in. Just have to wait until they get the new signal system installed.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:25 PM   #4
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeeye View Post
You can always call 311 and ask.
311 is awesome for getting action on road works. It's possible one person made an oversight, and the constuction workers aren't allowed to add their own creativity to a project.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:28 PM   #5
worth
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks for the suggestion. I will call 311 later today to figure out wtf is going on. And I bet i won't be the only one calling on this one.
worth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:43 PM   #6
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I don't use that road anymore actually.. I go from Chestermere to Garrison Woods through DOWNTOWN and it's faster than dealing with Glenmore / 84th and the repaving on Glenmore/Crowchild.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:18 AM   #7
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

311 actually is more powerful than most people think. Trust someone in the biz. 311 gets people moving.
V is offline   Reply With Quote