Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-21-2020, 11:06 AM   #1061
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

The NFL should just do a midseason re-alignment. Move the Panthers to the NFC East and the Cowboys to the NFC South. Problem solved.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 01:05 PM   #1062
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben voyonsdonc View Post
The Cowboys have so many problems that having Andy Dalton as the starting QB isn't even in the top 3. Bringing in a different QB at this point wouldn't fix anything as long as the OLine is injured, the defense is terrible, they have atrocious coaching, and Zeke is fumbling.

As a Cowboys fan, it is not consolation at all that this god awful team is competing for a playoff spot. They'd be better off collapsing entirely and getting a decent draft pick than making the playoffs to act as cannon fodder for a team that actually deserves to be there.. It is much harder to be the worst team in the NFC East though than the best though.

Can the Cowboys find a way to out-suck the Washington football team or the Giants? Probably not.
Dalton was way off on many of his throws. Add in the fact that his RB fumbled the ball twice in one game and now you’ve dug your own grave in terms of coming back in the game. It’s like they gave up after half time.

Maybe you give Dalton the benefit of the doubt, but if I am Jones I am going to pursue Fitzpatrick now that he’s backup in Miami. I think he would do a better job, but maybe not. Worth a shot though.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 01:10 PM   #1063
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

does it really matter as long as McCarthy and his staff is there? Their defense looks terrible. Even with Fitz riding a wave, they wouldn't win enough games to win that division. Eagles have at least looked decent in stretches against the Steelers and Ravens, despite having lost about 46 linemen and receivers to injury already.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 01:13 PM   #1064
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dolphins will probably wait until closer to the deadline to deal for maximum return/in case Tua gets hurt or sucks.
Old 10-21-2020, 01:26 PM   #1065
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you're the Cowboys, why not sign Josh Rosen off the Bucs practice squad? He's not going to be worse than Dalton.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 01:43 PM   #1066
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd say there's a better chance than not Rosen is worse, and possibly much worse, than Dalton.
Old 10-21-2020, 04:57 PM   #1067
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah I don't think Rosen is an upgrade on Dalton. I don't blame Dalton that much for the last game as it appeared to me the rest of the team were no-shows especially on offense with the drops and fumbles.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 09:13 AM   #1068
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

@AdamSchefer:
Vikings and Ravens finalizing a trade to send DE Yannick Ngakoue to Baltimore for a 2021 third-round pick and a 2022 conditional fifth-round pick, sources tell ESPN. Vikings initially sent 2021 second-round pick and 2022 conditional fifth-round pick to Jags. Now get most back.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 09:33 AM   #1069
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

ffs Minnesota.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 09:42 AM   #1070
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Weird trade. I’m sure we’ll hear stories start to trickle out about how he wasn’t a culture fit or something
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 10:00 AM   #1071
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ertz on IR now. The poor Eagles, man. 2 of 11 offensive starters left.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 10-22-2020, 10:11 AM   #1072
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Ertz on IR now. The poor Eagles, man. 2 of 11 offensive starters left.
Sanders out for 1-2 weeks now, too. It's absolutely incredible that this stuff has been going on for the better part of 3 years now. The soft tissue injuries probably point to the training/medical staff but they've been changed out the last two seasons. Can't do much about the torn ACLs, achilles, breaks, etc.

Sounds like Goedert should be back next week and Jackson is back tonight, so that helps out a bit.
Old 10-22-2020, 10:33 AM   #1073
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am seriously hoping they win the East because unlike Dallas, at least they look like a real football team the past few weeks, injuries or no.

Dallas hosting a playoff game against one of the NFC west teams would be a travesty.
Old 10-22-2020, 11:48 AM   #1074
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
@AdamSchefer:
Vikings and Ravens finalizing a trade to send DE Yannick Ngakoue to Baltimore for a 2021 third-round pick and a 2022 conditional fifth-round pick, sources tell ESPN. Vikings initially sent 2021 second-round pick and 2022 conditional fifth-round pick to Jags. Now get most back.
I think some changes are in order for the Vikings as their window of contention has pretty well closed. Mike Zimmer has become Jeff Fisher V2 with his prehistoric approach to offense and now his defense stinks as well. I said last year he needed to be fired and now it appears much like the Falcons that ownership totally wasted this season on a head coach that should have been replaced in the offseason.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 11:52 AM   #1075
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I am seriously hoping they win the East because unlike Dallas, at least they look like a real football team the past few weeks, injuries or no.

Dallas hosting a playoff game against one of the NFC west teams would be a travesty.
A healthy Eagles team is probably an 8-8 team. They're not great, but they can at least be competitive. Dallas is trash.
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2020, 11:53 AM   #1076
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

@RapSheet:

The #Ravens plan to sign veteran WR Dez Bryant to the practice squad if his workout goes well and he passes a physical, source said. Baltimore previously worked out Bryant in August, so this is more of a check-in. He should land in Baltimore, finally.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 12:01 PM   #1077
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
A healthy Eagles team is probably an 8-8 team. They're not great, but they can at least be competitive. Dallas is trash.

Giants are going to win the East!

GirlySports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 12:12 PM   #1078
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Show us the slip Girly!
Old 10-22-2020, 12:17 PM   #1079
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Show us the slip Girly!

ha I should screenshot it, it's $30 at 13/1, returning $420. Need to win tonight though.

GirlySports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 03:41 PM   #1080
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

You should just buy $30 in scratch tickets.

Tags
covid xix