Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2021, 11:42 PM   #41
Jiggy_12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Crowds don’t bother me, but the team does. Wont be attending unless gifted tickets
Jiggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 12:03 AM   #42
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0rrent98 View Post
I'd definitely like to go and see a couple games here and there during the regular season and live my life like it was before COVID hit. If your too afraid to go out and live your life even if Vaxxed, I have no idea what to say to you.
I hate this garbage

some of us have kids under 12 and/or vulnerable people in our lives its far more complicated than "afraid to go out derp"
Old 09-14-2021, 12:30 AM   #43
FiveSeven
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Well then I guess you’ll be that way for the rest of your life. It’s endemic. With high rates of breakthrough cases it is now virtually impossible to eradicate the virus. It’s unfortunate though.
Old 09-14-2021, 01:00 AM   #44
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveSeven View Post
Well then I guess you’ll be that way for the rest of your life. It’s endemic. With high rates of breakthrough cases it is now virtually impossible to eradicate the virus. It’s unfortunate though.
My kids will be under 12 for the rest of their lives! Vaccines won't be approved for their age groups ever?

maybe read the post
Old 09-14-2021, 06:34 AM   #45
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
Genuine question for those who are uncomfortable. With a vaccine and mask mandate, what else are you waiting for?
I high quality team that's worth the price of entry. I got no problems sitting at home watching Darryl try to win games 2-1 and 3-2 but I'm not going to pay $$$ to watch a slow and boring team. I'm not even sure I will go if my brother or work gives me free tickets. I did not enjoy watching last season's team at all.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:47 AM   #46
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Genuine question for those who are uncomfortable. With a vaccine and mask mandate, what else are you waiting for?
I am 80 to 90% comfortable with going to Flames games this season. When my kids can be vaccinated, I will become 100% comfortable.

What I am less comfortable with is being able to sell the tickets for the games I cannot attend.
Howie_16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:49 AM   #47
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

similar to the past few years, i don't expect to go to many games in person this year. i will feel more comfortable by mid november (i am currently planning on flying to TO in late november to see Genesis).

it will be interesting to see to see if there are more tickets floating around this year via work channels than i have been offered in the past few years.

it will also be interesting to see if the flames clear away some of the crap in the concourse to open up a bit more space, although i suppose it does not really matter given random folks are side by side once they are in the bowl itself.
Old 09-14-2021, 07:47 AM   #48
Rejean31
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I high quality team that's worth the price of entry. I got no problems sitting at home watching Darryl try to win games 2-1 and 3-2 but I'm not going to pay $$$ to watch a slow and boring team. I'm not even sure I will go if my brother or work gives me free tickets. I did not enjoy watching last season's team at all.
Yeah, that 2004 finals team was so slow and boring!! What a stupid thing to say. Don’t seem to recall the Kings teams that Darryl coached to 2 Stanley Cup being slow and boring either.
Old 09-14-2021, 07:55 AM   #49
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejean31 View Post
Yeah, that 2004 finals team was so slow and boring!! What a stupid thing to say. Don’t seem to recall the Kings teams that Darryl coached to 2 Stanley Cup being slow and boring either.

The concern is not invalid. This isn’t the 2004 team, with peak Iggy and Kipper, or the Cup winning Kings

You have to admit, the 2004 team did win a lot of tight low scoring games

On D, there is no peak Doughty equivalent and the Flames have taken a major step back the last couple of years in puck moving D, and the projected 4th line does have a combined age of 100

Maybe Darryl can get the team to play with pace and we all hope so but the talent level has gone down
DeluxeMoustache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 07:58 AM   #50
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Short answer is for my daughter to be able to get vaccinated.
The longer answer is it comes down to risk/reward for me. One of the challenges pro sports is facing is that incremental value between watching at home on TV v. going to a game in person is shrinking.
So then you layer on top of that any additional risk I feel I would be taking on with my daughter unvaccinated and the math tells me to stay home.

Last edited by Jiri Hrdina; 09-14-2021 at 08:20 AM.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2021, 08:12 AM   #51
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am 100% comfortable to attend games.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 08:17 AM   #52
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

I have zero concern about the virus...im not going to live in fear forever and i dont have children to worry about.

Now the product on ice could be a different story. Im a least going to give them til the new year to make that decision though.
Old 09-14-2021, 08:17 AM   #53
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Cool that a topic about Covid safety opened up a new opportunity to have many tell us the Flames aren't very good! Was looking for more of that!

I renewed my season tickets and will be sharing them this year for the first time with a good friend.

Hoping I don't find my half daunting. Want to keep them in principal (have had them since the Save Our Flames drive), but getting old and home is certainly more comfortable.

Not worried about covid though given that I'm double vaxxed and the percentages suggest I'm unlikely to be severely sick even if I get it.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2021, 08:18 AM   #54
Hoop27
Backup Goalie

Exp:

No issue attending games other than the cost.
Old 09-14-2021, 08:21 AM   #55
Rollin22x
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Not comfortable with large crowds at all. I won't go to a game this year.
My health is really good but others in my family are not so lucky so I won't risk that.
Rollin22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 08:24 AM   #56
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Just a follow up to this,

Understandable that those who wish to protect youngsters unable to receive the vaccine are hesitant, but, do you allow them to go to school every day and how is that any different?

Genuinely curious because in my mind, schools are just a giant petri dish that i believe are responsible for far far more cases of spread than anything else in society.

I may be entirely wrong on this but the fact we know in the course of 2 weeks that there have been multiple outbreaks in schools province wide without any admittance of numbers by the government, suggests they know this as well.
Old 09-14-2021, 08:26 AM   #57
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejean31 View Post
What a stupid thing to say. The 2004 was pre-lockout clutch and grab and that the Darryl's Kings rosters are no way comparable to the Flames.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 08:26 AM   #58
Press Level
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

If the sentiments being expressed here are similar to those of the general public, the NHL is going to have some serious attendance issues this season (at least in this country).
Press Level is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Press Level For This Useful Post:
RyZ
Old 09-14-2021, 08:27 AM   #59
Knightslayer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
What a stupid thing to say. The 2004 was pre-lockout clutch and grab and that the Darryl's Kings rosters are no way comparable to the Flames.
They were almost identical in their style of play.
Knightslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 08:30 AM   #60
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Cool that a topic about Covid safety opened up a new opportunity to have many tell us the Flames aren't very good! Was looking for more of that!

I renewed my season tickets and will be sharing them this year for the first time with a good friend.

Hoping I don't find my half daunting. Want to keep them in principal (have had them since the Save Our Flames drive), but getting old and home is certainly more comfortable.

Not worried about covid though given that I'm double vaxxed and the percentages suggest I'm unlikely to be severely sick even if I get it.

Well even though you don’t particularly like it, humans are complex, and there is a risk vs reward, and multiple factors go in to a decision to attend games. (You yourself discuss home being old and home being comfortable) Expectation of your enjoyment matters - I suspect some people on the fence are more likely to consider taking a wee bit more risk for something they will enjoy.. plus, this is in the Flames forum, not the Covid sub forum
DeluxeMoustache is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post: