Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2021, 09:17 PM   #4421
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
It will be on gamepass 1 year from its release date.
I know, but I'll be playing it tomorrow on PC. Would have preferred to play it on Gamepass, but oh well
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2021, 11:23 PM   #4422
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
Yeah, that is exclusive for 1 year. So it will be in gamepass next September. Ghostwire Tokyo also only has timed exclusivity.

But it appears that those two games will be last Zenimax/Bethesda exclusives to release in PS5. Elder Scrolls 6 has all but been confirmed as Xbox/PC exclusive.
doubt it, PS5 is the fastest selling console ever and they are barely even available. Doubt they leave that much money on the table.
Old 09-14-2021, 06:57 AM   #4423
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
doubt it, PS5 is the fastest selling console ever and they are barely even available. Doubt they leave that much money on the table.
It’s wild that people are gonna push this narrative for the next 5 or 6 years until it finally comes out an Xbox exclusive.

Bethesda Game Studios is a Microsoft first party now. The reason Elder Scrolls won’t be on PlayStation is the same reason Starfield isn’t on PlayStation, Halo isn’t on PlayStation, The Last of Us isn’t on Xbox, Zelda isn’t on Xbox, etc. etc.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2021, 09:07 AM   #4424
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
It’s wild that people are gonna push this narrative for the next 5 or 6 years until it finally comes out an Xbox exclusive.

Bethesda Game Studios is a Microsoft first party now. The reason Elder Scrolls won’t be on PlayStation is the same reason Starfield isn’t on PlayStation, Halo isn’t on PlayStation, The Last of Us isn’t on Xbox, Zelda isn’t on Xbox, etc. etc.
Still doubt it. It might be a year later or so but no way Microsoft leaves that cash cow unless they are stupid. Starfield will eventually hit PS too.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 11:09 AM   #4425
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
You can doubt it all you like but when the guy who broke Starfield as an exclusive says this:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1432446337455251460

I tend to give it some legs...
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 11:15 AM   #4426
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think we could easily see this changing.

Right now Gamepass is growing and making Microsoft a lot of money, but that growth will slow at some point.

When you see that growth slow is when you will see some of those Bethesda games hit Playstation, especially if there are subscription/dlc elements where the title will make substantially more money with a bigger install base.

100% the title will start as exclusives but there could be a lot of money in the future that they might not want to leave on the table.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 11:18 AM   #4427
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
I think we could easily see this changing.

Right now Gamepass is growing and making Microsoft a lot of money, but that growth will slow at some point.

When you see that growth slow is when you will see some of those Bethesda games hit Playstation, especially if there are subscription/dlc elements where the title will make substantially more money with a bigger install base.

100% the title will start as exclusives but there could be a lot of money in the future that they might not want to leave on the table.
Or, they see the long term benefits and continued growth of the Xbox platform as the more important play, and exclusive games are the best way to drive sales.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2021, 11:23 AM   #4428
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Does it matter anyway? I'm a huge fan of Elder Scrolls and it's going to be one a very few day 1 purchases for me, but we all know it's going to be a broken mess on release

The only way to play it at first is going to be on PC once modders start fixing it
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 11:56 AM   #4429
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Microsoft also said they would never sell the Xbox One without the Kinect

they are a software company...its an opinion but these games are coming out on PS5 IMO

This is not a fanboy stance I am a heavy Xbox user...check my gamertag its the same as my username here

Last edited by dino7c; 09-14-2021 at 11:58 AM.
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dino7c For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2021, 03:12 PM   #4430
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood View Post
Does it matter anyway? I'm a huge fan of Elder Scrolls and it's going to be one a very few day 1 purchases for me, but we all know it's going to be a broken mess on release

The only way to play it at first is going to be on PC once modders start fixing it
Fixed your post.

PC is the only way to go and it'll still probably take a year or two. Plus add another 1-2 years for the console version.

Maybe.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 03:25 PM   #4431
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Fixed your post.

PC is the only way to go and it'll still probably take a year or two. Plus add another 1-2 years for the console version.

Maybe.
Welllll, you say that, but turns out they've included reallllly aggressive anti-piracy software that is basically spyware. It's also causing massive performance issues even with high end computers
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 12:37 AM   #4432
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumniate View Post
Hell Let Loose has been officially released. And the lead developer was interviewed by Dan Carlin's 'Addendum' podcast.

Although there can certainly be issues with the game even after getting out of beta, it's still quite the impressive game and they'll continue to work on it. Lots of talk of 'Pavlov's House' in the podcast!
Hell Let Loose popped up in my Steam recommendations.. Is it worth it fellas?
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 09:32 AM   #4433
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
Hell Let Loose popped up in my Steam recommendations.. Is it worth it fellas?
I'd say 'hell yeah!', but it depends on what you're into. It's not as hardcore as squad but in order to succeed you'll need a good mic for teamwork, though you don't have to be that involved if you don't want to. And there is no tutorial lol but many vids on youtube to help beginners.

Here's an example of a squad leader, so he has to communicate a lot / talks a bunch because he's streaming. Other roles require listening more than speaking. But knowing where the danger lies is critical.. if you try to be a hero you'll get waxed for sure

Edit, more up to date review here:

Last edited by calumniate; 09-15-2021 at 04:06 PM.
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calumniate For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2021, 03:25 PM   #4434
Jay's Beagle
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I am about 2 hours in to deathloop and it is pretty fun!

The reviews sold for me and I got it day one. Since Rachet, I need something to play and glad this game is as fun and good to satisfy that itch.
Jay's Beagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 04:38 PM   #4435
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

I didn't realise until recently that Death Loop was made by the same people who did Dishonored. Anyone play both and have opinions? I had no interest in Death Loop until I learned that, now I'm at least curious.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2021, 06:36 PM   #4436
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

I discovered that Cookie Clicker was on steam with a bunch of new stuff since I last played it with cloud saves, so I decided to give it a shot while bored at work. As it is now day 2 with it running constantly and my mind is consumed with cookie math, that may have been a mistake
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2021, 08:43 PM   #4437
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Lol yeah, those games are great at making me not get any work done. I think the paper clip one was the last one I played.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2021, 10:19 PM   #4438
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
I didn't realise until recently that Death Loop was made by the same people who did Dishonored. Anyone play both and have opinions? I had no interest in Death Loop until I learned that, now I'm at least curious.
All that I have read and heard about Death Loop is that it is 100% through and through an Arkane Studios game. So I wouldn't be surprised if you enjoyed it.

Last edited by Since1984; 09-17-2021 at 11:35 PM.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 04:01 PM   #4439
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Curious on this too.

Anyone got the BETA/Stress Test, of Age of Empires 4? Pretty fun, and looks really promising for the full release in a months time.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 06:52 PM   #4440
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Gas Station Simulator is lots of fun especially if you've already play Car Mechanic Simulator.

DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote