Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #81
Flamenspiel
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Thanks for the great job in cleaning my furnace and ducts Keith! The wife was very happy and I will be calling you in for next year's cleaning!
Flamenspiel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flamenspiel For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2012, 06:30 PM   #82
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

Hey everybody,

I am seeing a really bad trend here the past 3 years and wanted to share with you.

I am getting allot of recently renovated houses. These people have spent 10k or more on their reno's and then I have had to come in and tell them their furnaces have cracked heat exchangers and or other major repairs to be done.

10k is allot of money and this is something that concerns me because these same people are now having to spend another $4800.00+ just to replace the old furnace with a new and undo some of their recent renos.

Here's what I propose.
Have a question about your old furnace prior to going forward with renovations???

Call me and I will come out for free and save you some cash and all I ask is that you remember me somehow in the future and send me some business.....call it paying it forward.

Anytime guys and gals I am here to help.

Keith
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EVERLAST For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2012, 12:20 PM   #83
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are you saying the renovations caused the furnace issues somehow?

Or is it more you suggest people check out their furnace first because that major expense (replacing a furnace) may require the money first?
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:58 PM   #84
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

Actually in some cases YES ...if the renovations were done in the winter time and the furnace was used more than normal to dry paint and or freshly mudded drywall mud and tape.

I typically see abuse of furnaces all the time when it comes to certain trades who dont want to spend the time waiting
for things to dry...or cure....they crank the heat and nobody ever thinks of changing the filter daily when sanding and cutting material inside during the winter or any time of year!

Its unacceptable when trades go unchecked and do these things ......my job becomes more difficult trying to explain to my customer how the most expensive appliance in the house got abused and I see this 2-3 times a week.

Mostly the customers go out of pocket for the expense of furnace and duct cleaning that was ENTIRELY AVOIDABLE.

I am merely trying to point out to people that its entirely predictable it WILL be an issue. Save yourself the grief and get ME OUT FOR FREE....

I did a house today ....2 furnace home 2800 sq ft and both furnaces were high efficient with air conditioning on both. They had electronic air cleaners and UV lights.

Thats $22,000 dollars of equipment. I spent 4 hours doing a 2 hour job trying to clean out drywall dust from everywhere imaginable.

I had to replace 2 flame sensors, 2 hot surface ignitors and the bill jumped from an original estimate of $475.00 all in to over $700.00 to replace components .

Sorry for the long winded response but all of it was entirely avoidable by changing filters daily during construction

Last edited by EVERLAST; 04-01-2012 at 07:49 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:10 PM   #85
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bumped for april 2012
Old 04-02-2012, 12:10 PM   #86
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

nm

Last edited by EVERLAST; 04-07-2013 at 07:29 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:14 AM   #87
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I'll be giving you a call on Monday, since it's Easter Sunday.

Our furnace is blowing cold air again. The last time this happened was last January and ATCO came out and cleaned the sensor. Bottom line: we need to get our furnace and vent cleaned. I don't think it's ever been done, since my wife bought the house (before we met, over 7 years ago).

I'll send you a PM.
RedMileDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #88
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Mile-DJ View Post
I'll be giving you a call on Monday, since it's Easter Sunday.

Our furnace is blowing cold air again. The last time this happened was last January and ATCO came out and cleaned the sensor. Bottom line: we need to get our furnace and vent cleaned. I don't think it's ever been done, since my wife bought the house (before we met, over 7 years ago).

I'll send you a PM.
That was quick. ATCO came over quick, and cleaned the sensor. Showed us what to do for the future, as well.

But we still intend on booking you.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:58 PM   #89
Ace
First Line Centre

Exp:

Hey Keith,

Quick question, I've been shopping for some new equipment, and everyone is pushing the 5"filter box. Any input on this?
Old 04-10-2012, 06:30 AM   #90
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yes, my recommendation is DONT do it. You'll end up having to use expensive 5 inch pleated filters that require monthly changing.

pleated filters overwork furnaces......takes twice as long to heat your house which in turn will raise your gas and electric bill....typically a 5 inch filter costs $25.00 each times 12 =$300.00 a year in filters YIKES.

Stick with the 1 inch use the cheap filters that dont overwork the furnace and empty your wallet...unless of course your just made of money in which case "where are you taking me for dinner and drinks"?

in all seriousness I see the repair/warranty and maintenance side of things from an entirely different perspective than any installer who just wants your money up front and doesnt care about any of the above.

Keith
Old 04-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #91
Ace
First Line Centre

Exp:

I talked to two different resellers, and they are both claiming that these 5" filters are good for an entire year...where do they get this stuff?
Old 04-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #92
Draug
First Line Centre

Exp:

I just had Keith out for the second time in a few years. You know you get quality work and good advice when dealing with Keith!
Draug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Draug For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2012, 10:26 PM   #93
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Hey Keith,

I called and got you all booked for May 11th (in the PM). See you then!
Old 04-10-2012, 11:13 PM   #94
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
I talked to two different resellers, and they are both claiming that these 5" filters are good for an entire year...where do they get this stuff?

Wow...thats really unfortunate and BAD advice. I would never ever recommend 1 filter change a year for too many reasons to even list.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:17 PM   #95
Badgers Nose
Franchise Player

Exp:

OK. I am booking you too.

We had CentralAire our to inspect a year ago, and SEARS out to clean about 5 years ago.
Badgers Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #96
flamesflames444
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I just wanted to give a quick shout out to Keith. I just had him by my place to have a look at my furnace as it was a little loud and lucky for me it was only minor. Super nice guy... I would recommend him to anyone!
flamesflames444 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flamesflames444 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2012, 03:17 PM   #97
Bend it like Bourgeois
Franchise Player

Exp:

Stupid question probably but does cleaning your furnace help with dust or is that more the filter?
Bend it like Bourgeois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #98
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

BEND IT .....

Yes, but specifically lets talk about your Ductwork first.

Your furnace draws air into it through your ductwork and outside makeup air and combustion air.
If the ducts haven't been done properly before you will need a complete vent and duct cleaning by Keith from Calgarypuck ....also, if you haven't been
changing you furnace filter monthly as required by most furnace warranties and or in an older residential premises your furnace and ducts have NOT BEEN PROTECTED from incoming contaminates from the return air, the makeup air and combustion air from the outside.

If you are skeptical and need more than the testimonials on here I will come by for free and inspect your equipment for FREE to show you exactly what you need and evaluate your needs going forward.

Please feel free to PM me anytime and perhaps we can arrange an inspection so I can help you properly. Thank you for the interest in my services.....I really appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Keith

Last edited by EVERLAST; 04-17-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:43 PM   #99
Bend it like Bourgeois
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^ Gracias. Will send you a PM
Bend it like Bourgeois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:11 AM   #100
cral12
First Line Centre

Exp:

Lennox Furnance Intermittent Problem

I have a Lennox Merit Series gas furnance (G40UH) with sureLight Ignition Syetem and a Honneywell weekday/weekend (5 day/2 day) programmable thermostat both thermostat and furnace are ~9 years old.

The furnace most recently seems to be working fine at times and then not working at times...
I have been watching the lights and both LED 1 and LED 2 simultaneously slow flash which according to my book is power on normal operation when the thermostat is asking for heat they both flash together fast meaing heat demand initiated at thermostat then I get a alternate slow flash in both LED 1 & 2 which means Watchguard - burners failed to ignite.

Any things I can try on my own or should I simply get it service asap?

We just moved in house 6 mths ago. Guilty as charged and shold be changing filters, especially after reading this thread - thanks!

I've read that turning off the power at the circuit board when lights are alternating can help reset the problem, but I wonder if there is still an underlying issue?

FYI: Service has been regular apparently, but last serviced in 2010.

Many thanks.