Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-10-2018, 10:33 AM   #21
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Make sure you time your Hopewell rocks trip for low tide, and give yourself some time to walk down. I think the ticket gets you re-entry for the day, so we did one low and one high tide. We stropped in on our way to Fundy park, and on the way back to catch both.

If it is a full moon check out the tidal bore coming up the Moncton river. You can find the time it occurs online. If it is a big tide people surf it, it's actually pretty neat to see.

I found Shediac kinda meh, but go stick your head in the giant lobster claw for a picture.

Joggins Cliffs is neat if you like fossils. This one must be timed with low tide. You can do it on your way to Halifax if the timing works.
Hopewell Rocks/Flowerpot Rocks are crazy:

You get to walk on the floor of the Atlantic ocean.

The Tidal Bore is well named, it is boring.

You can also go to Riverview to see UCB's childhood home, we rented, it was a crappy house.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:42 AM   #22
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

We saw the tidal bore on a super moon, so maybe that made it better.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:03 PM   #23
moncton golden flames
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumby Lager View Post
Ok so things have changed, my wife’s best friend was able to get time off and is bring our godson down from Halifax for 2 days and we will meet them halfway in Moncton.

Staying at the Delta and assume it is Downtown? We will be going to Shediac for a few hours to visit another friend and will check out hopewell rocks.

Tell me about your town best pub that allows under age folks before 10? If that is a thing there. Any other suggestions would be great! The godson is 14.
Yes, Delta is downtown.

I've always been a fan of the Pumphouse Brewery. Good food and great beer!

moncton golden flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:23 PM   #24
moncton golden flames
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimSJ View Post
Moncton in my opinion is the least interesting of our 3 cities her in NB. Shediac is good for the day and the beach is great but i wouldn't go in the water. Have been issues with Water quality for years and they cant figure it out.

Hopewell rocks is a great day trip for sure.

Driving the Fundy Trial back from Moncton to Saint John would be a nice way to get back to St Andrews if you aren't rushed. Stop and the caves in St Martins.
Thems fightin words!!! haha

In all honesty, I love my hometown. So many things to do within an hour or so drive, its almost silly; 2 very different & unique National Parks (Fundy & Kouchibouguac), warmest salt water beaches north of Virginia on the Northumberland Coast, Hopewell Cape, Fort Beasejour, Baie Verte Winery, Magic Mountain Water Park, Bouctouche Sand Dunes, Pointe-du-Chene Wharf in Shediac, Kelly's Bake Shop in Alma for Sticky Buns, Cape Enrage Natural Area, Moncton Farmers Market, Dieppe Farmers Market, Pays de la Sagouine, Fried clam & chips at Chez Camille or Bel-Aire Take Out in Cap Pele.

I could keep going on with a lot of local knowledge things like cliff jumping, hiking trails etc... but you won't have time for that stuff.

On the beach front, don't go to Parlee Beach, I would go to Plage Aboiteau instead. Fewer crowds and no water issues. Its also close to Cap Pele where you find the wonderful fried clams!

Moncton is the largest City in NB and a multi-cultural centre (French & English). Don't listen to people who say it's not worth seeing, because it absolutely is worth it.

The Following User Says Thank You to moncton golden flames For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2018, 12:24 PM   #25
moncton golden flames
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Hopewell Rocks/Flowerpot Rocks are crazy:

You get to walk on the floor of the Atlantic ocean.

The Tidal Bore is well named, it is boring.

You can also go to Riverview to see UCB's childhood home, we rented, it was a crappy house.
I grew up on McAllister, where were you?

Old 07-10-2018, 12:25 PM   #26
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncton golden flames View Post
I grew up on McAllister, where were you?
White Pine Road.

Went to Claude D Taylor School

Quote:
Old 07-10-2018, 12:34 PM   #27
TimSJ
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
White Pine Road.

Went to Claude D Taylor School
My wife grew up in Riverview and my son actually had a ball tournament this past weekend at the White Pine fields.

TimSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TimSJ For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2018, 12:35 PM   #28
TimSJ
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncton golden flames View Post
Thems fightin words!!! haha

In all honesty, I love my hometown. So many things to do within an hour or so drive, its almost silly; 2 very different & unique National Parks (Fundy & Kouchibouguac), warmest salt water beaches north of Virginia on the Northumberland Coast, Hopewell Cape, Fort Beasejour, Baie Verte Winery, Magic Mountain Water Park, Bouctouche Sand Dunes, Pointe-du-Chene Wharf in Shediac, Kelly's Bake Shop in Alma for Sticky Buns, Cape Enrage Natural Area, Moncton Farmers Market, Dieppe Farmers Market, Pays de la Sagouine, Fried clam & chips at Chez Camille or Bel-Aire Take Out in Cap Pele.

I could keep going on with a lot of local knowledge things like cliff jumping, hiking trails etc... but you won't have time for that stuff.

On the beach front, don't go to Parlee Beach, I would go to Plage Aboiteau instead. Fewer crowds and no water issues. Its also close to Cap Pele where you find the wonderful fried clams!

Moncton is the largest City in NB and a multi-cultural centre (French & English). Don't listen to people who say it's not worth seeing, because it absolutely is worth it.
Most of these things aren't actually in Moncton though... lol

NB gets #### on a lot (deservedly so) but it really is a great place to live, grow up and visit.

TimSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TimSJ For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2018, 12:37 PM   #29
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
My wife grew up in Riverview and my son actually had a ball tournament this past weekend at the White Pine fields.
There use to be a spring on the school grounds that people came and filled up their water bottles at instead of drinking tap water. In the summer it was good for grabbing a drink when hot.

Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2018, 12:58 PM   #30
moncton golden flames
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
So, then it is obvious to us that the Albert County side of the river is better than the Westmorland side.

Old 07-20-2018, 05:53 AM   #31
Lumby Lager
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Waiting at Pearson for our connection to Fredericton and I would like to thank everybody for their suggestions! Looking forward to checking out a few of the suggestions and on our flight from Kelowna to Toronto Brayden Schenn was on the flight.
Lumby Lager is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lumby Lager For This Useful Post: