Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2018, 01:01 PM   #81
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

I mean, its hard to argue against the early bird special they run pretty much all the time now: $5 - burger, beer, wine, hotdog and a few other items.

But no, our severely outdated stadium doesn't have the fine dining or even half decent dining options like other stadiums. Maybe the new one will
Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 07:26 AM   #82
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC91 View Post
I've been arriving early enough to buy 5 dollar happy hour beer. Buy 5 or 6 and keep them under my seat for the game (please don't roofy me). Warm bud is better than paying over 10 per beer.
You need to find some drink coolers or ice packs.
https://www.amazon.ca/Fridge-Freezab.../dp/B002672HLU
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 08:37 AM   #83
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the fact that food and drinks are included in HRR is a huge problem. If half the profits are going to the players, then the people running the concessions are working on half the profit margin that they should be. Which results in higher prices and lower quality.

I am not suggesting that if they removed them from HRR, the prices would all drop in half, because they wouldn't. However, I think we would see higher quality at lower, or shall we say more reasonable, prices.

Explain to me why the players need a cut of concessions. All it results in is gouging of the fans and even higher player salaries. And let's be honest here, if we dropped concessions from HRR the players would still get by.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 08:52 AM   #84
ST20
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Are you serious? Poor you having to walk up a slightly angled ramp....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullFoss View Post
It's faster to walk up the stairs than up a ramp, so its hindering my ability to time manage. And in place of a ramp could be another set of stairs.

The most obvious example is that stupid ramp on 15th avenue to get up the walkway and into stampede grounds. The stair case is obviously faster, but there's always back-up on the stairs because they're too small. And the stairs are too small because the ramp is too big! And who is ramp for - the handicap. Slows us able body folk down i say!
ST20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 06:38 PM   #85
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
I think the fact that food and drinks are included in HRR is a huge problem. If half the profits are going to the players, then the people running the concessions are working on half the profit margin that they should be. Which results in higher prices and lower quality.

I am not suggesting that if they removed them from HRR, the prices would all drop in half, because they wouldn't. However, I think we would see higher quality at lower, or shall we say more reasonable, prices.

Explain to me why the players need a cut of concessions. All it results in is gouging of the fans and even higher player salaries. And let's be honest here, if we dropped concessions from HRR the players would still get by.
I'm sorry man, but this is just hopelessly naive. Concession prices - much like ticket prices - are set in an effort to reach the peak point of the supply and demand curve. Removing concessions from the HRR calculation would have exactly zero impact on either the price or the quality of the food at the Dome, or anywhere else. Much like how, despite Bettman's claims otherwise in 2005, winning the lockout did nothing to reduce ticket prices.

The food will be what it is. The Flames have toyed with other offerings - such as the chicken place and Spolumbos on the 200 level concourses. Neither was very popular because people didn't want them. They want hot dogs, popcorn, nachos and burgers.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2018, 06:45 PM   #86
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah you're right - there is no elasticity of demand based on quality. I'll go eat a couple hotdogs next game.
Old 09-29-2018, 06:53 PM   #87
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Cute, cherrypicking one sentence to try and argue against. One which I specifically noted examples of higher quality offerings that went nowhere. There's no need to pout because I drove a bus through the massive hole in your argument.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 06:54 PM   #88
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

lol, okay

good talk