Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2019, 11:58 AM   #101
Lord Carnage
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
Huh? I still have (likely unreasonably) high hopes for Pulju, but Kylington is better now, has more upside and plays a more valuable position. No way they're of equal value.

Those are exactly my thoughts too...
Lord Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:17 PM   #102
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire of the Phoenix View Post
Puljuarvi would cost 26OA imo. This talk of Czarnik or a 12 spot drop is way off base. The Oilers would be better off leaving him in Europe and hoping he has a monster year if that was the case.
If teams were offering a 1st round pick he would have been traded at any time last season. They clearly aren't getting those types of offers for him.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:36 PM   #103
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire of the Phoenix View Post
Puljuarvi would cost 26OA imo. This talk of Czarnik or a 12 spot drop is way off base. The Oilers would be better off leaving him in Europe and hoping he has a monster year if that was the case.
Personally I think the talk of the Flames acquiring Jesse is a pipe dream unless the Flames pony up and pay. Too much risk trading a 21 year old top 5 pick to a hated rival
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 01:13 PM   #104
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveicedhockey View Post
Give them a third and a potato.

fixed

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2019, 01:19 PM   #105
Fire of the Phoenix
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
If teams were offering a 1st round pick he would have been traded at any time last season. They clearly aren't getting those types of offers for him.
Perhaps but as I said, they will likely just stash him in Europe if that is the case. You never know, maybe Puljujarvi lights up the KHL, his value would go up by a lot. The 1st round talk is likely the price they would charge the Flames being a heated rival, not necessarily what I think they will get. Holland would just laugh at BT if he offered Czarnik or a 12 pick upgrade.
Fire of the Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 01:25 PM   #106
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Reggie Dunlop For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2019, 01:38 PM   #107
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

If that rumored lucic for erikson deal happens, I wonder of JP could be the sweetener edmonton need to add cause of lucics extra year
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 01:42 PM   #108
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
If that rumored lucic for erikson deal happens, I wonder of JP could be the sweetener edmonton need to add cause of lucics extra year
I thought I heard that was a possibility when the teams were chatting during the season. Vancouver can have 2 top 5 Finnish busts from that draft if the deal goes through
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 08:37 PM   #109
handgroen
First Line Centre

Exp:

Here's hoping they take less to trade him out of conference. Not cause he's that great, but because Oilers take less.

is your cat doing singing?
handgroen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 09:30 PM   #110
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

This thread title is amazing. Truly shows the no goodness that is Edmonton.
jg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 09:44 PM   #111
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

NHL Prospects Watcher
‏@Prospects_Watch

McGuire on TSN690 says he would not give more than a 3rd RD pick for Jesse Puljujarvi.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:30 PM   #112
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
NHL Prospects Watcher
‏@Prospects_Watch

McGuire on TSN690 says he would not give more than a 3rd RD pick for Jesse Puljujarvi.
Oh good we get GM Pierre theorizing his “expert” opinions and hoping his analysis of “gap control” and “puck sense” will translate into some schmuk owner hiring him as GM as he feels he’s deserved for the past decade. He would be perfect for the Oilers.

JP is smart. Anyone here would’ve picked him or Yak or RNH or Hall or McDavid near where the Oilers did in drafts, because the talent these days at the top is ranked by more then one set of opinions. Those players all immediately walked the plank after draft day into the abyss of structure, organization and proper player development and care, left to fend for themselves with a meddling POH day to day regarding suggesting tactics, coaching, overseeing injuries, judging effort, and gross over estimations of his own abilities as a manager of people, players, staff and fans.

But as Schultz, Hall, Dubnyk, and Eberle, among others show, if you can get out of the unorganized, soul crushing atmosphere that was the Oilers under Lowe, talent will shine through if you don’t give up hope or belief. His ego and hubris about the way players should play and develop, has crippled that team and ruined talent for 2 decades.

JP didn’t get offered English lessons for almost 2 years, as an example in this case. He was just expected to come in, play the Oiler way, and produce the way he did in junior, as simple as that.

Last edited by browna; 06-20-2019 at 10:34 PM.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2019, 10:42 PM   #113
blender
First Line Centre

Exp:

browna, you are the most even-handed, logical and dare I say it, empathetic critic of the Oilers, yet you are also the most convincing and damning critic.

Good work.
blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 10:50 PM   #114
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
JP didn’t get offered English lessons for almost 2 years, as an example in this case. He was just expected to come in, play the Oiler way, and produce the way he did in junior, as simple as that.
I contend that the most Oiler-esque thing that the Oilers could've done would've been to have hired Esa Tikkanen as interpreter.

Tikkanen of course, is infamous for being unintelligible in either Finnish or English. Jari Kurri would shrug when teammates asked him what "Tikk" said.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:11 AM   #115
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
Is that actually a rumour, or just more fall out from Elliotte Friedman musing about whether or not swaps of Eriksson, Lucic and Neal around each other could benefit anyone?
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:22 AM   #116
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Is that actually a rumour, or just more fall out from Elliotte Friedman musing about whether or not swaps of Eriksson, Lucic and Neal around each other could benefit anyone?
Believe it or not according to Vancouver media Dim Jim has actually entertained the idea of letting a divisional rival get the better of him. There's just no way he could win that trade in a one for one but I will say Lucic has one thing going for him which may make him attractive as he has Scheuermann's disease so in a couple of years when it becomes clear there's no place for him in this league he and the team can come to an agreement where his doctor says he has to retire due to a degenerative back disease just as the Lightning are doing with Callahan. I hate that teams are doing this to circumvent the cap but Lucic already has a built in out clause here and it's just a matter of getting him to agree.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote