Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #361
Nehkara
Franchise Player

Exp:

My suggestion is the 128 GB Samsung 840 Pro series. Considered one of the best drives out there right now. You pay for the quality though.

I put one in my computer, two my friends computers that I built for them, and my nephew's computer. Incredible drive!

It is $157.49 after taxes at MemEx. If you price matched with Newegg, you could get it down to $147.99 after taxes.

When Tom's Hardware reviewed the drive they called it, "The fastest and most efficient SSD we've seen to date."

Huge thanks to Dion for the signature!

Last edited by Nehkara; 07-23-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Nehkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:01 PM   #362
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Yeah I love my 840 Pro, but it is a bit more expensive.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:24 PM   #363
Tyler12
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Have a Corsair Force GT 120 gb in my desktop I payed $130 on sale from $260ish? Jan 2012 still going strong. And an OCZ Vertex 3 120 gb in my notebook that I payed $100 for on sale at mem May 2012 no issues yet.

No issues with some time on these SSD's and no problems either. Only have Sata II ports for both computers tho But would never go back to a mechanical main OS drive. And the prices keep getting better and better!

Last edited by Tyler12; 07-27-2013 at 11:32 PM.
Tyler12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:31 AM   #364
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

You can get a Crucial M500 960GB SSD for $599 direct from their website.

http://www.crucial.com/store/ssd.aspx
Hack&Lube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #365
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Huh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathji View Post
I have managed, so far, to resist the urge to get a SSD before I upgraded my whole desktop, as I didn't want to deal with the hassle more than once. However, last night I got a nice error upon booting, which has led me to change that line of thinking.

What should I be looking for in a SSD at this time? in terms of pricing or things I want in the drive ( such as controller etc). I would prefer to keep it under $100, but that's flexible if there is a compelling reason.

Memory Express is supposed to have this drive on as their Daily Deal this week. Any reason I shouldn't consider it?

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX42756
Picked up this drive yesterday for $90 and traded for a new case. After a few headaches, related to the case change, everything is up and running. Quite happy with the speed as far as booting etc, but haven't otherwise put it through its paces yet.