Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-20-2020, 09:27 AM   #1101
Cliche
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

And this is maybe the most substantial map expansion yet.

Cliche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 04:22 AM   #1102
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been out of the GTA loop for a couple years now. Are there any actual expansions available for GTA 5? Or is it all just multiplayer upgrades? I'd always hoped there would be some kind of single player story expansion like GTA 4 had, but seems like Rockstar isn't a big fan of releases like that. I suck at multiplayer so never really got into it. But would would love some new story missions.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 07:43 AM   #1103
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
I've been out of the GTA loop for a couple years now. Are there any actual expansions available for GTA 5? Or is it all just multiplayer upgrades? I'd always hoped there would be some kind of single player story expansion like GTA 4 had, but seems like Rockstar isn't a big fan of releases like that. I suck at multiplayer so never really got into it. But would would love some new story missions.
Unfortunately not, and they're doing the same with RDR2.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 07:59 AM   #1104
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://apple.news/AXnpUtwiBQf-oAaiSl5zimg

Interesting article talking about how the PS2 had 3 different GTA games but they did not really release one for the PS4 as GTA V was just remastered and turned into an online game. It appears they will remaster it yet again for the new generation of consoles.

GTA V was incredible but I am hoping for a new single player campaign and new characters. Hopefully we see a GTA VI once these systems have reached their potential.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 01:10 PM   #1105
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

I bought GTA V on X360, X1, and I have it on PC through Epic. If/when I get an XSX, I am not buying it again for that platform, remastered or not.

The lack of single player campaign DLC is a non-starter for me. Online is meh, after a while it's a grind while avoiding griefers on the MK2 Oppressor or hacking. Rockstar is so damn good at storytelling -- as evidenced by the GTA 3D and HD universes, as well as RDR, RDR2, and so on -- and it is a shame that they are so unwilling to bring a new story to the GTA universe because GTA V gave them the ability to print money.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 01:31 PM   #1106
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
https://apple.news/AXnpUtwiBQf-oAaiSl5zimg

Interesting article talking about how the PS2 had 3 different GTA games but they did not really release one for the PS4 as GTA V was just remastered and turned into an online game. It appears they will remaster it yet again for the new generation of consoles.

GTA V was incredible but I am hoping for a new single player campaign and new characters. Hopefully we see a GTA VI once these systems have reached their potential.
The PS2 had 3 GTA games. GTA V has had 3 console generations
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 02:26 PM   #1107
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
I bought GTA V on X360, X1, and I have it on PC through Epic. If/when I get an XSX, I am not buying it again for that platform, remastered or not.

The lack of single player campaign DLC is a non-starter for me. Online is meh, after a while it's a grind while avoiding griefers on the MK2 Oppressor or hacking. Rockstar is so damn good at storytelling -- as evidenced by the GTA 3D and HD universes, as well as RDR, RDR2, and so on -- and it is a shame that they are so unwilling to bring a new story to the GTA universe because GTA V gave them the ability to print money.
Well as a publicly traded company, it could be argued that it would be financially irresponsible for them to spend millions of dollars on a new game when they can rake in hundreds of millions by doing nothing except keeping the GTAV servers running. Don't blame Rockstar, blame the gamers who keep throwing money at them
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote