Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2010, 05:54 PM   #1
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:
Default Digg v4

This is the worst redesign since Metacritic. It's completely unusable to me, and it looks like the diggers are in a revolt. Hopefully they can recover because it's one of my favourite sites.

http://digg.com/
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:30 PM   #2
RW99
First Line Centre

Location: 103 104END 106 109 111 117 122 202 203 207 208 216 217 219 221 222 224 225 313 317 HC G
Exp:

Yeah, the redesign sucks. And the talk of how certain stories get to the top are interesting. I can't get past the first 'page' of stories on my mobile Firefox. I have no interest in changing my browser for digg.
RW99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:37 PM   #3
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

I rarely visit Digg, but there are headlines on the first page that you click to follow to the story. Isn't that what there is supposed to be? What about it isn't functional?

I am not doubting it is lacking in some manner, but I am just curious why you (and maybe others) think it is.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:27 PM   #4
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

The site is very buggy, and as RW99 said, it doesn't work properly in mobile browers. The Digg iPhone app does not work at all. These issue will be fixed, in time, so they don't bother me that much.

The big problem is how stories make it to the front page. Digg used to be about the users submitting and "digging" stories they liked. Now all you get are articles contributed by select (most likely paid) sites. The most popular stories aren't showing up.

If you log in, you are sent to your "My News" page. This consists of stories contributed, or dugg by, people you follow. This is a lot like Twitter. It could be cool, but I already use Twitter, so I doubt I'll take the time to find enough people to follow to make it work.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post: