Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2010, 10:53 AM   #21
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

I spent 6 hours last night playing superstar mode. This game is amazing and I can't wait to give the team online a go.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:09 AM   #22
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Damn I want this now!! I wasnt going to get it, I have been playing '10 the last couple of weeks and got back into it.
FlamesKickAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:15 AM   #23
Swayze11
something else haha

Exp:

I think I am one of the only ones that is pretty disappointed. I don't notice a huge difference between Madden '10. I have only played 3 games in the Franchise mode but the panels are the same, you do the same stuff, the coach thing is a cool feature but a lot of the time its generic stuff that you already know. "OK your receiver is running a slant, take 3 steps back and get it to him" - Yes I know, thats why I chose this play. I have not played the online mode yet or superstar mode but so far I am not too pleased.

Swayze11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Swayze11 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2010, 03:56 PM   #24
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swayze11 View Post
I think I am one of the only ones that is pretty disappointed. I don't notice a huge difference between Madden '10. I have only played 3 games in the Franchise mode but the panels are the same, you do the same stuff, the coach thing is a cool feature but a lot of the time its generic stuff that you already know. "OK your receiver is running a slant, take 3 steps back and get it to him" - Yes I know, thats why I chose this play. I have not played the online mode yet or superstar mode but so far I am not too pleased.
Same boat. This year isn't really aimed at the hardcore type of Madden/NFL gamers that fully understand to play the game. As noted by the feedback recpition, the gameflow feature and making the game 'simpler' and 'quciker' was the main focus point to make asscessibly more open to it's consumers as well make games flow by quicker which was always a hamper against football games.

From the developers point of view, it makes sense what they did this year. Lots of gamers didn't have the easiest time playing Madden in the past, and the features this year help address that and make the game more attractive to all types of gamers like EA NHL is. But they had to sacrifice making more moderate and bigger changes that the hardcore community would be more attracted to. Too me, it feels pretty much like Madden 10.5. Some small improvements from Madden 10, while at the same time some prevailing and new issues. Too me it's baffling that they did lick all to online franchise when the game mode is still incomplete without a salary cap and contracts.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:58 PM   #25
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

I downloaded the demo. While I have enjoyed it, I still find the games take too long to play. I really wish they had an option where teams could always be in hurry up offense, or if you/your opponent wanted to run down the clock, hit a button and the time instantly passes.

Would it be unrealistic? Yes. It would also be more fun!
Old 08-11-2010, 04:03 PM   #26
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
Same boat. This year isn't really aimed at the hardcore type of Madden/NFL gamers that fully understand to play the game. As noted by the feedback recpition, the gameflow feature and making the game 'simpler' and 'quciker' was the main focus point to make asscessibly more open to it's consumers as well make games flow by quicker which was always a hamper against football games.

From the developers point of view, it makes sense what they did this year. Lots of gamers didn't have the easiest time playing Madden in the past, and the features this year help address that and make the game more attractive to all types of gamers like EA NHL is. But they had to sacrifice making more moderate and bigger changes that the hardcore community would be more attracted to. Too me, it feels pretty much like Madden 10.5. Some small improvements from Madden 10, while at the same time some prevailing and new issues. Too me it's baffling that they did lick all to online franchise when the game mode is still incomplete without a salary cap and contracts.
I think it's pretty sad that they still have not found a way to include owner mode in the five year history of next gen Madden games.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:34 PM   #27
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like the game play better, but agree with the sentiment that the franchise mode is lacking big time
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:29 PM   #28
Jordan!
Jordan!

Exp:

This game is worth the $60 to me just for the new animations. They were so bad in Madden 10.. specifically the running animation
Jordan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:35 AM   #29
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

So I picked up Madden 11 last night and this is my first venture into the Madden franchise since about 2004 when I had it on PC. I played two games (beat the computer, then lost an online match)

I have some questions for the more serious players:
  1. What position do you usually control when on defense? Do you stick with one guy or move around based on where you think the play is going?
  2. My receivers had a couple long passes go through their hands last night - am I supposed to take control of them and make them catch it somehow?
  3. When I am running the ball do I always need to be stiff arming, juking or spinning? If I try to react at the time is it too late already?
  4. Do you need someone easy to beat up on? Coys1882 is my xbox live handle.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:46 AM   #30
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^ When I get it we can play the Sucks Bowl, I like to play online but get absolutely smoked.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:47 AM   #31
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coys1882 View Post
So I picked up Madden 11 last night and this is my first venture into the Madden franchise since about 2004 when I had it on PC. I played two games (beat the computer, then lost an online match)

I have some questions for the more serious players:
  1. What position do you usually control when on defense? Do you stick with one guy or move around based on where you think the play is going?
  2. My receivers had a couple long passes go through their hands last night - am I supposed to take control of them and make them catch it somehow?
  3. When I am running the ball do I always need to be stiff arming, juking or spinning? If I try to react at the time is it too late already?
  4. Do you need someone easy to beat up on? Coys1882 is my xbox live handle.
1. It's a matter of preference. I prefer to play D-Line and be able to stop the run or rush the pass myself. I've seen in online games though that many prefer to play with the MLB.

2. Not necessarily. If they're dropping too many catches that they've should've gotten, it's likely a issue with the game AI. But you taking control of the receiver can help.

3. Doing juke moves and spin moves are a very effective way of breaking tackles if it's a quick back. With a more power back, it's better to use power moves like stiff arm and 'trucking' forward. Also you can still attempt to break tackles when your getting tackled. It's all a risk/reward though. Fumbles have a greater chance of occurring when you do this to break tackles. You also have the option to cover the ball to protect yourself from fumbling. (R1/RB on Xbox 360)
Old 08-12-2010, 11:12 AM   #32
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
1. It's a matter of preference. I prefer to play D-Line and be able to stop the run or rush the pass myself. I've seen in online games though that many prefer to play with the MLB.

2. Not necessarily. If they're dropping too many catches that they've should've gotten, it's likely a issue with the game AI. But you taking control of the receiver can help.

3. Doing juke moves and spin moves are a very effective way of breaking tackles if it's a quick back. With a more power back, it's better to use power moves like stiff arm and 'trucking' forward. Also you can still attempt to break tackles when your getting tackled. It's all a risk/reward though. Fumbles have a greater chance of occurring when you do this to break tackles. You also have the option to cover the ball to protect yourself from fumbling. (R1/RB on Xbox 360)
1. Yes - that's what I found myself. When I was on the DL, I was getting picked up apart by crossing routes through the middle - once I switched to ML I was able to sit back and take away that option. Too little too late though.
2. ok - I'll play some more and see if it's just 'part of the game' or if I need to take control of them.
3. Thanks for the tips.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:48 AM   #33
InSutterWeTrust
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Hey Jobo, are you looking at creating another online franchise for the PS3 like you did last year? If so, I would really like to take part in that.

InSutterWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:57 AM   #34
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSutterWeTrust View Post
Hey Jobo, are you looking at creating another online franchise for the PS3 like you did last year? If so, I would really like to take part in that.
Yeah I'm interested also. I love that you can view the franchise mode online while i'm supposed to be working

Edit: My PS3 name is the same as xbox Raekwonthakilla I know its hardcore, lol.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:46 PM   #35
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSutterWeTrust View Post
If there's enough interest, I can make a new one for this season.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:55 PM   #36
Cheerio
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

After trying the ultimate team mode I'm getting really excited for NHL 11 where I know many more of the players. On my Madden Ultimate team I've only heard of 1 player on it and I don't even know what NFL team he plays for
Cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:51 AM   #37
Jordan!
Jordan!

Exp:

So I get zero coins if an online Ultimate Team opponent quits with 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter?? WTH!
Jordan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:40 PM   #38
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Any deals anywhere? Like trade in two, get it free etc...
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:42 PM   #39
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone interested in making a CP Madden league? I'll be grabbing mine in couple days.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:01 PM   #40
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd be in for that again (xbox). I like getting beat down