Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2007, 10:28 AM   #81
JayP
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagger View Post
Yeah, you're right I misspoke. I meant to say 'one of the best games in the genre'. For a FPS it is an excellent game, albeit a short experience in the single player mode. I've played the MP some more and, even though I'm getting my ass kicked, it's lot's of fun and adds considerable value to the package.
Yeah it's definitely one of the best FPS's around. It actually adds some variety to the gameplay unlike most FPS's where it's the same repetitive style for the entire game.

The sniper mission and the mission where you're providing air support were two of the better levels I've ever played in a FPS.

I know they made it short to reduce the repetitiveness, but I think they could have stretched it to 9-10 hours and still kept it's charm.
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:02 AM   #82
phaneuf_train
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW99 View Post
You added me, then deleted me days later (Lags in Banff). Never got a chance to play with you
Sorry bout that. I have so many clan people on my friends list from this game that my list is full. Its all clans/calgary puck. I just had to take another one off and you were playing the least at the time, but it was random.

Hopefully I can win this 2 grand from this tournament. It's really fun. So far my clan and I are 3-0.
phaneuf_train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:57 PM   #83
Mayer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sorry to rehash an old thread, but I'm trying to play online and am unsure of what exactly to do. I thought you could just go on and jump into a game. Do I have to find someone to add me to a game or something? I've been playing for a while now and figured I might as well see what the hype is about on multiplayer. Can anyone help?

I am beginning to question the moral character of those who cheer for Vancouver.
Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:17 PM   #84
Rhetts_the_Best
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Oh My god best game for x box 360, besides bio-shock
Graphics are outstanding, incredibly Realistic!
So fun online or just hanging with your buddies!
5 stars
It didn't win like 50 or some Gaming awards for nothing
Rhetts_the_Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:22 PM   #85
SarichFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayer View Post
Sorry to rehash an old thread, but I'm trying to play online and am unsure of what exactly to do. I thought you could just go on and jump into a game. Do I have to find someone to add me to a game or something? I've been playing for a while now and figured I might as well see what the hype is about on multiplayer. Can anyone help?
What? Join a game mode and it'll throw you into a lobby and you play. It's that simple
SarichFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:30 PM   #86
Mayer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarichFan View Post
What? Join a game mode and it'll throw you into a lobby and you play. It's that simple
I go to Xbox Live, then I go to "Find a Match", then pick the game type, and then it stays at the next screen saying "Waiting for X amount of players". I must be missing something because I don't see where you can just jump into a game.

I am beginning to question the moral character of those who cheer for Vancouver.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:36 PM   #87
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just wait for enough players to join. That has never taken more than a couple of minutes, and sometimes as quick as five seconds.
metallicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:57 PM   #88
Mayer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_fan View Post
Just wait for enough players to join. That has never taken more than a couple of minutes, and sometimes as quick as five seconds.
Whoops. I just realized that. I waited for a minute and a bunch of others joined. God damn that is fun! I'm horrible, but it sure is fun.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:10 PM   #89
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayer View Post
Whoops. I just realized that. I waited for a minute and a bunch of others joined. God damn that is fun! I'm horrible, but it sure is fun.
LOL, I'm horrible as well. I have something like twice as many deaths as kills.
metallicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:56 PM   #90
SarichFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I just his level 49.. The levelling takes a looooooooooong time once you get up there. It kinda makes me want to puke seeing guys like level 42 in Prestige mode already.

When I hit 55, I'm not doing that nonsense.
SarichFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:16 PM   #91
Shawnski
CP's Resident DJ

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarichFan View Post
I just his level 49.. The levelling takes a looooooooooong time once you get up there. It kinda makes me want to puke seeing guys like level 42 in Prestige mode already.

When I hit 55, I'm not doing that nonsense.
49 on Prestige? First time or tenth time? Heck you can wrap the 55 ten times AFTER you do it once. 605 total levels.

Suck it up Jordan. It really isn't that hard to loop through. Heck even me the old man has already done it twice. I am at level 122.
Shawnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:43 PM   #92
wired
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
The sniper mission is one of my best gaming experiences of all time (until the end which is impossible).

I'd say the variation in locales and moods makes this game possibly more...pretty...than Crysis ever will be. There's just a certain ambience in it for some reason, especially in Chernobyl.

Anyway, if you think the SP is short, make sure to play it on Vetran and you may never pass the game. I started the game on vetran and it's killing me. It might take weeks to pass at this rate because I'm playing certain parts of levels dozens of times over.
Just keep crawling foreward. It took me two hours to figure this out.
wired is offline   Reply With Quote