Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2015, 08:16 AM   #41
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Are transport companies dropping these things off trucks or something? Same thing happened to my brother last year with a Costco TV.
Ordered a plasma back in 2008 from the States on a ridiculously awesome deal, it came totally smashed, pain in the ass had to send it back and ended up taking about a whole month before I got a working TV.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:49 PM   #42
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

If you have a bit of extra dough kicking around here is the latest from Panasonic...

http://www.panasonic.com/uk/consumer...-65cz952b.html

My sister company in LA had a hand in designing the colour engine. Mike Sowa is one of our finishing/DI colorists.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 01:07 AM   #43
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Livingroom TV just died this week... Ugh! So I'll be looking around for a TV.
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 03:23 PM   #44
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

For anybody interested in this model:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...873838e8eeen02

I had a raincheque for $210 off, I used the paper version but they also email you a copy. Not sure if the barcode will scan as it being used already but might be worth a shot if you want it since it's no longer on sale.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 11:39 AM   #45
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Some great sale prices at Best Buy for the Vizio 4K Ultra TV's until Nov. 26:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/SearchR...20&query=VIZIO

Pulled the trigger on the VIZIO 60" 4K Ultra HD 240Hz LED Smart TV (M60-C3)

Should deliver this week. Will report back with some feedback.
GoJetsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 10:22 AM   #46
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
Some great sale prices at Best Buy for the Vizio 4K Ultra TV's until Nov. 26:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/SearchR...20&query=VIZIO

Pulled the trigger on the VIZIO 60" 4K Ultra HD 240Hz LED Smart TV (M60-C3)

Should deliver this week. Will report back with some feedback.
Just be aware that if you enable the Smart TV features you are sending all your viewing habits to Vizio so they can sell those to advertisers.
Quote:
Vizio’s technology works by analyzing snippets of the shows you’re watching, whether on traditional television or streaming Internet services such as Netflix. Vizio determines the date, time, channel of programs — as well as whether you watched them live or recorded. The viewing patterns are then connected your IP address - the Internet address that can be used to identify every device in a home, from your TV to a phone.

IP addresses can increasingly be linked to individuals. Data broker Experian, for instance, offers a “data enrichment” service that provides “hundreds of attributes” (pdf) such as age, profession and “wealth indicators” tied to a particular IP address.
http://www.networkworld.com/article/...vertisers.html
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:46 AM   #47
MrCallahan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Really want to buy a new TV, but I'd like to get a non-curved OLED display, guessing it'll be another year or two before the prices on those become a lot more reasonable though.
MrCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 11:49 PM   #48
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

i wanted to post to thank the posters in this thread as i looked at all of the TVs particularly the Vizios. i spent alot of time comparing different brands, specs, and opinions out there and the models and opinions posted in this thread.

i ended up buying a sony 65" x650c from costco.

One comment to add about 4K TVs is that when i wear my glasses, i see the sharpness but often think that i can get that with any large 1080 TV. When I wear my contacts though, which are a more recent prescription, the quality is noticeable on good quality 1080i/p and 4K.

Also, i used the site rtings.com ALOT, and would recommend that to people learning/making a decision.

We had joy, we had fun, we had a season in the sun, but the wine and the fun like the season is all gone.

Average team is average. Average drafts, average results, average trades, average asset management, average vision, average outcomes. Average.
McG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 01:20 AM   #49
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCallahan View Post
Really want to buy a new TV, but I'd like to get a non-curved OLED display, guessing it'll be another year or two before the prices on those become a lot more reasonable though.
Are there any non-curved OLED's currently being sold? I'm not even aware of any.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 07:06 AM   #50
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah rtings.com seems to be the site to go to for TV ratings and settings that will get you into the ball park for your TV. CNET seems to have gotten all fuddy duddy about new tech.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 11:12 AM   #51
MrCallahan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Are there any non-curved OLED's currently being sold? I'm not even aware of any.
There isn't a whole lot of models out there! LG is releasing one this year (way out of my price range!), and I have a gut feeling they'll become a little more common once the curved panel fad slowly fades.

http://www.cnet.com/products/lg-ef9500/
MrCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 01:12 PM   #52
aaronck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Bump- looking for a 49" plus TV for under $1000, any advice? Not sure I'm in the market for a 4k TV, was thinking of this model as the specs seem good, 12 active LED zones and 3 HDMI
http://www.costco.ca/Vizio%C2%AE-E55...100171957.html

Last edited by aaronck; 02-24-2016 at 10:57 AM.
aaronck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
65inch , hdtv , samsung