Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-26-2017, 11:05 PM   #441
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

I find the morning show has been really hard to listen to lately. Boomer has been mailing it in for quite a while now, so there's way too much talk about non-sports activities, and if there is sports talk, way too much focus on non-hockey topics. I'm just not a fan of all the baseball talk on that station these days.
Table 5 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2017, 07:35 AM   #442
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
I find the morning show has been really hard to listen to lately. Boomer has been mailing it in for quite a while now, so there's way too much talk about non-sports activities, and if there is sports talk, way too much focus on non-hockey topics. I'm just not a fan of all the baseball talk on that station these days.
I have to disagree. There's already far too much hockey talk for a "sports" station. In regards to the Jays it's a Rogers station so you have to accept they are going to promote them as much as possible. It's probably going to take a few more years of losing before the Jays become back page in Toronto sports so have patience as it will happen in that fickle city and it's just a matter of time. I actually don't mind baseball talk but would prefer less Jays focused talk as they stink and there's better baseball teams and players out there more worthy of discussion.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2017, 08:41 AM   #443
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is Rob Kerr's treatment of Will Nault just kind of a shtick, or is he a legit ass to him?
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 09:16 AM   #444
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Who is the guy who always cut into Sue's traffic report and then stutters on reading advertisements while trying to crack jokes and be funny (which obviously never worked)?
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 10:36 AM   #445
craigwd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Still a huge clone and a fan of Jim Rome, just like I have been for the past 14 years. But I still won't listen to 960 until they bring back the 3rd hour and cut down on the hockey talk.

Can't stand that chauvinist Scott Farrell, though.
craigwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 11:18 AM   #446
rotten42
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigwd View Post
Still a huge clone and a fan of Jim Rome, just like I have been for the past 14 years. But I still won't listen to 960 until they bring back the 3rd hour and cut down on the hockey talk.

Can't stand that chauvinist Scott Farrell, though.
As soon as you called yourself a "clone" your opinion means nothing to me.
rotten42 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rotten42 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2017, 12:05 PM   #447
craigwd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Romeageddon is going to be amazing.
craigwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 07:51 AM   #448
Madman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pinder and Wills are likely the worst Morning show combination ever - totally unlistenable.
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Madman For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2018, 08:35 AM   #449
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman View Post
Pinder and Wills are likely the worst Morning show combination ever - totally unlistenable.
I try not to be overly critical of these guys but yeah it's not great.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 08:37 AM   #450
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wills is a pretty bad radio guy in general IMO. Pinder has his strengths but doesn't really show with Wills.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2018, 05:13 PM   #451
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wills is fine as a play-caller. But when he's just talking sports he's basically a random cliche generating bot. And Pinder is the straight guy on the morning show. Pairing him with an even straighter guy is bad radio.
CliffFletcher is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2018, 10:07 PM   #452
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

In fairness since Warrener takes like 5 months off it probably is hard to figure out what to do, since you need to reserve the seat for when he comes back. Meanwhile it's the right time of year for Boomer and Pinder to take their vacation (or majority of it) rather than winter so makes sense there'll be many days with two of the three gone.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:29 AM   #453
Madman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
In fairness since Warrener takes like 5 months off it probably is hard to figure out what to do, since you need to reserve the seat for when he comes back. Meanwhile it's the right time of year for Boomer and Pinder to take their vacation (or majority of it) rather than winter so makes sense there'll be many days with two of the three gone.
1 word - Matty Rose
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Madman For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2018, 10:23 AM   #454
spuzzum
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Can anyone recommend the best option for listening to the Fan 960 or another Calgary sports radio station while commuting in another Canadian city?

-Any satellite options?
-Streaming via a mobile app then listening via Bluetooth on the cat system. If so, what would be the best app? Any idea on bandwidth requirements for like 2 hours per day Monday to Friday?
-What is the best sports radio station in Calgary that discusses alot of hockey and focuses on the Flames?
-Any other options?
spuzzum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 10:44 AM   #455
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

You could use the Sportsnet app or tune in radio
Old 08-05-2018, 10:55 PM   #456
sleepingmoose
Scoring Winger

Exp:

It’s also available on the RadioPlayer Canada app, along with most other Canadian radio stations.
sleepingmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 06:59 PM   #457
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuzzum View Post
-What is the best sports radio station in Calgary that discusses alot of hockey and focuses on the Flames?
-Any other options?
Lol - you must be new to calagary as the fan960is the only full time sports station in the city, and hey discuss hockey a lot
- only other option for calagary is qr77 from 6.30 to 8.30 - although they t new to focus more on cfl

The only other viable option would be the fan or ten from Toronto, but it will be more leaf centric
Old 08-06-2018, 07:14 PM   #458
calgarygringo
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I got tired of the locals and found 630 Ched Edmonton on my radio player app is pretty good. Oilers focused but do put Flames people and news in as well. 12 to 2 every day so I listen over lunch and like the show way better than the locals and Stauffer always has the main hockey people on for interviews all the time. Seems here we dont get the same quality of interviews and it is mostly all hockey even this time of year.
calgarygringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:39 AM   #459
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuzzum View Post
Can anyone recommend the best option for listening to the Fan 960 or another Calgary sports radio station while commuting in another Canadian city?

-Any satellite options?
-Streaming via a mobile app then listening via Bluetooth on the cat system. If so, what would be the best app? Any idea on bandwidth requirements for like 2 hours per day Monday to Friday?
-Any other options?
The PODcast most of their shows as well if you are not worries about listening live. Cuts out on listening to commercials as well.
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:41 PM   #460
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblobla View Post
The PODcast most of their shows as well if you are not worries about listening live. Cuts out on listening to commercials as well.
I did their podcast for a while, and the biggest problem was they dumped 5 hours per day into my feed, just got in the habit of deleting almost all of it. They would probably better served to offer each hour on its own feed.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote