Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2010, 01:08 PM   #1
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:
Thumbs up Halo: Reach

In light of the recent SC2 tournament, and my subsequent debacles, I figured I would toss out the idea of a Reach tournament when it starts up, to help bring my gaming ego back to its pre-SC2 lofty heights. We can do several different formats, FFA, 2v2, 4v4 or larger. If there is enough interest I will set up brackets like Blaster did for the SC2 tourny.
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:21 PM   #2
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

FPS sucks on console Why is there no PC release?
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:21 PM   #3
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Halo: Reach-around.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Komskies For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2010, 01:23 PM   #4
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

It is the flagship franchise for Xbox, and also the gameplay used on a computer (mouse + keyboard) isn't easily translated to console play. What I mean by that is FPS players on a computer would have a distinct advantage over a console player.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:56 PM   #5
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

I loved H3, was borderline addicted for a couple years. The generic simplicity of multiplayer was what I loved. The goofy ragdoll physics, the butter smooth play, totally even playing field without loadouts, etc.

Played the reach beta and hated it. The character models felt smaller. The physics felt too rigid, and the DMR.... sounded awful, and seemed soooo plain. That bloom reticle was something to be desired as well.

I will admit, I did however love the new version of Jauggernaut where you were equipped with a gravity hammer, 300% speed and shields, and.... you were on fire...lol. I am sure I will buy it anyway, but I really hope it is vastly different from the beta.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:59 PM   #6
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

As a quick note, don't try pirating it for Live:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/20397...html?tk=hp_new

Quote:
Did you download a pirated copy of Halo: Reach? Play it on your Xbox LIVE-connected Xbox 360? Then you won't be surprised to discover your LIVE account's probably been perma-banned by the powers that be.

Word this morning from MaxConsole is that Microsoft's permanently suspending the Xbox LIVE accounts of anyone caught playing the game.

"Notification of Permanent Suspension," reads the email Microsoft's sending to pirate players.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:24 AM   #7
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
I loved H3, was borderline addicted for a couple years. The generic simplicity of multiplayer was what I loved. The goofy ragdoll physics, the butter smooth play, totally even playing field without loadouts, etc.

Played the reach beta and hated it. The character models felt smaller. The physics felt too rigid, and the DMR.... sounded awful, and seemed soooo plain. That bloom reticle was something to be desired as well.

I will admit, I did however love the new version of Jauggernaut where you were equipped with a gravity hammer, 300% speed and shields, and.... you were on fire...lol. I am sure I will buy it anyway, but I really hope it is vastly different from the beta.
Keep in mind it was the beta too. It isn't in as refined a version as the final copy will be.

I agree the loadouts can be a bit cheesy, but I also think that certain loadouts depending on situations could help to break spawn camps and create a more chaotic flow to the game.

I also loved the elite dive roll mod. That was a barrel of fun.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:35 AM   #8
Roast Beef
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirant View Post
As a quick note, don't try pirating it for Live:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/20397...html?tk=hp_new

It continually amazes me how stupid some people can be. It's not like the Microsoft Banhammer is a secret. Unless Microsoft has started doing something new, I don't think they disable the LIVE account. They ban the console itself from LIVE permanently. You have to buy a new console if you ever want to use LIVE again with any login ID.

Depending on how many consoles were banned be wary of an influx of used 360 consoles for sale. If you buy one of the banned consoles you won't be able to use any online functionality or use it as a media server.

Last edited by Roast Beef; 08-28-2010 at 01:42 AM.
Roast Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:18 PM   #9
cKy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roast Beef View Post
It continually amazes me how stupid some people can be. It's not like the Microsoft Banhammer is a secret. Unless Microsoft has started doing something new, I don't think they disable the LIVE account. They ban the console itself from LIVE permanently. You have to buy a new console if you ever want to use LIVE again with any login ID.

Depending on how many consoles were banned be wary of an influx of used 360 consoles for sale. If you buy one of the banned consoles you won't be able to use any online functionality or use it as a media server.
this isnt a secret that they ban accounts. Anyone who uses there hacked xbox for a game and goes online deserves to be banned. If you play the game enough for multiplayer, you use it enough to warrant a purchase.

cKy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eat my plasma nades , get no scoped , recovering ego