Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2014, 02:00 PM   #1
The Swedish Flame
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Cundari

So maybe I'm the one who is completely out of the loop on this one, but what's up with Cundari? He seemed pretty decent the few games he played with the Flames last year. Stuck in the AHL forever?
The Swedish Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:55 PM   #2
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Apparently he hasn't played well in the AHL but I would still like to see him in the NHL for a few games to see what we have.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:02 PM   #3
thymebalm
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

He has been better of late. It wasn't a great start to the year for him though. Chad Billins and Jon Ramage have been better. He'll be in tough to get a roster spot on a big Burke team.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:29 PM   #4
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thymebalm View Post
He has been better of late. It wasn't a great start to the year for him though. Chad Billins and Jon Ramage have been better. He'll be in tough to get a roster spot on a big Burke team.
He seemed like a guy who was, while relatively short in height, was a thick, stable guy kind of like Seiloff.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:55 PM   #5
FlameZilla
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
He seemed like a guy who was, while relatively short in height, was a thick, stable guy kind of like Seiloff.
... except Sieloff is at least 4 inches taller. That's a pretty massive difference. There's never been any question about Sieloff being NHL-sized.

I liked Cundari's game when he was up last season but with so many oompa-loompas on the team already I doubt Burke sees much of a future for him on the Flames.
FlameZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:10 AM   #6
Lobsterfreak
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by thymebalm View Post

His game has taken a very nice upturn. He is solid defensively and quite a threat offensively when given the green light. He is leaned on to play PK and PP and does a really solid job. I think if given a chance to play in the NHL he will surprise. Ramage is a decent player but not near the same talent and grit and has been a healthy scratch quite often. IMO, the top 2 D's on the team are Billins and Cundari.
Lobsterfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lobsterfreak For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2014, 07:47 AM   #7
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameZilla View Post
... except Sieloff is at least 4 inches taller. That's a pretty massive difference. There's never been any question about Sieloff being NHL-sized.

I liked Cundari's game when he was up last season but with so many oompa-loompas on the team already I doubt Burke sees much of a future for him on the Flames.
Hmm odd, for some reason I thought Seiloff was a little short by NHL Dman standards. My bad.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:05 AM   #8
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameZilla View Post

Actually there has been, he is only 6 feet tall (barely) and many people wonder if he will be undersized for the type of game he plays.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:10 PM   #9
FlameZilla
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
Actually there has been, he is only 6 feet tall (barely) and many people wonder if he will be undersized for the type of game he plays.
He's listed as 6'1" now. Compared to Cundari's 5’9" I think it's safe to say
there should be fewer reservations about Sieloff than Cundari.
FlameZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:37 PM   #10
TheGrimm
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Not sure if this is a reflection on his play or a desire for more offense for the Heat...

http://theahl.com/heat-acquire-locke...undari-p189992

Quote:
The Abbotsford Heat have acquired six-time AHL All-Star forward Corey Locke from the Chicago Wolves. In exchange, the Calgary Flames have reassigned 2013 All-Star defenseman Mark Cundari to the Wolves from Abbotsford.
TheGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote