Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2023, 01:23 PM   #41
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieHARDflameZ View Post
Of course you’re the guy voting NDP. Not surprised in the least LOL.
No, I am the guy voting for the Alberta NDP!
Old 05-29-2023, 01:23 PM   #42
shotinthebacklund
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
This might shock you, but many people here are voting NDP. I presume you've voted for the person who has already been found guilty of breaking the conflict of interest act, gets advice from the nuttiest not-professors around, lies every time her lips move, doesn't understand tax brackets, or that we live by the rules of Canada and not the US? Plenty more, but if that's the kind of incompetent criminality you support, it kinda reflects on you. Keep LOLing though, proud person.
? whats the implication here? Im pretty sure I know what you are implying but would hate to put words in your mouth.
Old 05-29-2023, 01:24 PM   #43
dieHARDflameZ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
This might shock you, but many people here are voting NDP. I presume you've voted for the person who has already been found guilty of breaking the conflict of interest act, gets advice from the nuttiest not-professors around, lies every time her lips move, doesn't understand tax brackets, or that we live by the rules of Canada and not the US? Plenty more, but if that's the kind of incompetent criminality you support, it kinda reflects on you. Keep LOLing though, proud person.
LOL and you carry on voting for Notley, who is in bed with JT, a guy that has a rap sheets miles longer than the UCP.

That’s the greatest reason for the LOL’s. The hypocrisy is comedy gold.
Old 05-29-2023, 01:24 PM   #44
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I feel all the bull#### the UCP pulled that was not in the everyday Albertans interest was not nearly brought up enough this election cycle. I fear the red fever is going to be stronger than the memories of the ill-informed Facebook memers and we’ll see a Smith armed now with a mandate gifted by voters who haven’t had their eyes open for 4 years.

Please prove me wrong Alberta. The UCP is not the party for real people.
Old 05-29-2023, 01:25 PM   #45
Icon
Franchise Player

Exp:

338 Canada has my riding as >99% likely being a UCP win. (60% +/- 8% vs 38% +/- 8%)

Polling like that probably doesn't inspire much voting for either option.
The Following User Says Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2023, 01:28 PM   #46
BigNumbers
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

In terms of prognostications; I'm guessing we see a 58 seat UCP majority.
The Following User Says Thank You to BigNumbers For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2023, 01:29 PM   #47
Icon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNumbers View Post
In terms of prognostications; I'm guessing we see a 58 seat UCP majority.
Username checks out, that's a big number.
The Following User Says Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2023, 01:30 PM   #48
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
LOL and you carry on voting for Notley, who is in bed with JT, a guy that has a rap sheets miles longer than the UCP.

Its unfortunate people who have zero idea what they are voting for screw it up for the rest of us.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Paulie Walnuts For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2023, 01:33 PM   #49
LanceUppercut
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Notley and JT can't stand each other, for reference, see Nenshi's column for the CTV late last week.

Uh... Lance Uppercut.
Old 05-29-2023, 01:34 PM   #50
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

It’s the middle school argument. “Sally was walking with Jenny and Jenny’s a whore so Sally’s a Slluut!!!”
Old 05-29-2023, 01:36 PM   #51
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really wish the general electorate would better research the actual political climate and record of the parties in Alberta. It seems those who do the research, instead of just blindly voting for color, are in the minority though. Guaranteed the majority of the informed, educated electorate will be voting for the non-extreme party.
Old 05-29-2023, 01:38 PM   #52
Knut

Exp:

I am one of the new NDP votes this year. Hopefully, there are a lot of us to get the crazies out of power and return politics to being boring again.
Old 05-29-2023, 01:39 PM   #53
dieHARDflameZ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
Its unfortunate people who have zero idea what they are voting for screw it up for the rest of us.
That should be the NDP supporter slogan.
Old 05-29-2023, 01:39 PM   #54
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

One party wants to cut healthcare more, after cutting it significantly already.

One party wants to cut education, after repeatedly cutting it over the last four years.

One party has made policies that are utterly cruel to the marginalized and vulnerable.

One party has a leader who committed ethics violations.

One party has a leader who compared vaccinated to followers of hitler.

One party has a leader who idolizes a current fachist in the US.

One party repeatedly makes decisions that they clearly KNOW aren’t in the best interests of the province.

One party blindly continues to throw money at an industry that is in obvious need of transition.

One party made policies that significantly increased our cost of living in the last 4 years.

One party has constantly raised our taxes in many ways, all the while lying to us, saying that they weren’t.

One party has a leader who says one thing, than says the opposite the next week.

One party did everything they could to delay the Green Line Project as long as possible.

One party wants to give billions of dollars to companies to do work they already had to do.

One party has a candidate who compared trans people to feces, and apparently they are good with that.

One party has been undermining municipalities by downloading more things to them, so that the municipalities have to be the bad ones raising taxes.

One party wants to install a provincial police force no one wants for lots of money

One party wants to destabilize our pensions by pulling out of the CPP

One party had MLAs heading off on vacations while the rest of us were told to stay home.

One party had a leader who was unreachable and missing for 3-4 weeks when it was clear that emergency action was needed to keep COVID from spiking.

There’s a lot more.
Old 05-29-2023, 01:39 PM   #55
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
It’s the middle school argument. “Sally was walking with Jenny and Jenny’s a whore so Sally’s a Slluut!!!”
I for one will vote for the party of sluts and whores, over the party of prudes and squares.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2023, 01:40 PM   #56
dieHARDflameZ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
I really wish the general electorate would better research the actual political climate and record of the parties in Alberta. It seems those who do the research, instead of just blindly voting for color, are in the minority though. Guaranteed the majority of the informed, educated electorate will be voting for the non-extreme party.
“Informed”, “educated”. Hahahahahahaha.
Old 05-29-2023, 01:40 PM   #57
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

They got the TMX pipeline done. Something conservatives have been incapable of for the better part of 15 years.
Old 05-29-2023, 01:41 PM   #58
shotinthebacklund
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
Ah, the classic, my party is better people because we are informed and educated perspective. I love when this one comes out. A reminder to some here that if your cant see the far left from where your standing you just might be it. People will vote where they feel they will be best served, just because its not aligning with your viewpoint does not make them less.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shotinthebacklund For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2023, 01:41 PM   #59
Fighting Banana Slug
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
I am very much interested in meeting Jenny and/or Sally, if you have their digits.
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fighting Banana Slug For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2023, 01:42 PM   #60
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotinthebacklund View Post
Ah, the classic, my party is better people because we are informed and educated perspective. I love when this one comes out. A reminder to some here that if your cant see the far left from where your standing you just might be it. People will vote where they feel they will be best served, just because its not aligning with your viewpoint does not make them less.
Why are you voting UCP and what are your logical and thought-out reasons for doing so?
Closed Thread