Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2023, 09:58 AM   #2001
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterpants View Post
I'm not a big chip guy.
These people exist?
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2023, 10:33 PM   #2002
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

A new season of Okotoks Dawgs baseball starts tomorrow night with the season opener against the Brooks Bandits. The Dawgs are Back to Back League Champions and are looking to 3 Peat this season.

One of the new additions to Seaman Stadium.

Old 05-30-2023, 08:59 AM   #2003
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well I'll be damned. Every car is actually off the road for street sweeping day

It's so beautiful
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2023, 09:51 AM   #2004
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post

It's so beautiful
I was driving through Sunalta a few days ago and they had the signs up for street cleaning and I was wondering where people in that area move their vehicles as it's wall to wall cars parked everywhere on the 11th and 12th avenue, etc. as a lot of those old houses and apartments don't have parking.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 01:15 PM   #2005
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

It's so beautiful
An impossible dream. There’s always at least one, but I did see the parking control car swing by to give them a ticket. Wish they’d tow them.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to habernac For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2023, 10:50 AM   #2006
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dipped granola bars rmmh

I can enjoy the deliciousness of a chocolate bar while pretending it's really not that bad for me
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2023, 01:32 PM   #2007
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Dipped granola bars rmmh

I can enjoy the deliciousness of a chocolate bar while pretending it's really not that bad for me

i loved the song...
Old 06-03-2023, 02:23 PM   #2008
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

We are officially moving to Cape Breton, day home will be closed end of June. Kids and wife will go first and spend the summer there, I'll follow behind after my last day at my company. My kids having the same kind of summers I did growing up is alone worth the move. We're all very excited to be near family again
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 01:13 PM   #2009
Ford Prefect
Has Towel, Will Travel

Exp:

Things that make me happy…the scent of silver willow in bloom, home grown tomatoes, family, meadowlark song, cats and the Flames beating the Oilers.

Last edited by Ford Prefect; 06-06-2023 at 12:50 AM.
Ford Prefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 10:46 PM   #2010
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
Things that make me happy…the scent of silver willow in bloom, home gown tomatoes, family, meadowlark song, cats and the Flames beating the Oilers.

Bizarrely I initially read that as .... "the scent of SLIVER..."
WTF
TMI
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 08:43 AM   #2011
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
We are officially moving to Cape Breton, day home will be closed end of June. Kids and wife will go first and spend the summer there, I'll follow behind after my last day at my company. My kids having the same kind of summers I did growing up is alone worth the move. We're all very excited to be near family again
I am jealous for this reason only:

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 02:45 PM   #2012
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

My daughter has great taste in music. I played boot scootin boogie and she loved it and made me play it again
Old 06-25-2023, 10:49 PM   #2013
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Moved about 30 yards of mulch in the yard with my boys. Fun working with them, and seeing how they are looking for more efficient and quicker ways to do things.

Hopefully this thread can stay on the first page. It was on page 3!!
Old 06-26-2023, 12:26 AM   #2014
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
My daughter has great taste in music. I played boot scootin boogie and she loved it and made me play it again
My 6-year old asks me to play "daddy music" (stuff I listened to as a kid), but only with female singers. So I throw on a 90's female rock playlist and Garbage comes on first, and she loves it. Now I randomly hear her singing "I'm only happy when it rains" around the house
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2023, 01:23 PM   #2015
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

We have been going balls to the wall since the beginning of April, just busier than stink. With the advent of spring, the custody agreement for my grandson changes, so he spends 3 weekends a month with his dad. Between that and how busy we've been, we hadn't seen him in over a month.

Things finally slowed down for us a little, a couple of weeks ago. So, for FD, hubs & I packed the SUV up and went for a drive down to Cypress Hills and explored a bit. The elevation was hard on my lungs so we didn't camp there. He had the Monday off, so we camped out in the back of the SUV in a little muni campground in Bow Island, then drove around a tiny hamlet nearby that I lived in as a child. Then we made tracks to Writing-On-Stone, which I haven't been to since I lived in the area 48 years ago. Did the hike/walk, picnicked at the campground there, stopped in Okotoks for supper with my brother, then home.

This weekend, little man came camping with us from Saturday to Sunday night. I'm not sure if he was more excited to see us or we were more excited to see him, LOL. He brought the bike he got for his birthday a couple of months ago, and it was nice to see how much better he's gotten at riding it. We were super lazy, just enjoyed time with him, relaxing at the campfire, and doing grandparent-y things. I always appreciate how exciting it is to kids, the things that seem mundane to us as adults - so a hot dog roast with watermelon and s'mores turns into a lot more fun with a 5 year old. He was also thrilled to bits to be old enough to sleep on the top bunk - we figured out a bit of a barrier bar to make sure he didn't roll out (pool noodle with an expandable shower curtain rod inside of it) and it was a success.

He stayed over last night as well, as my son & daughter-in-law had some plans last night, that were set in stone several months ago. We came home from camping and watched a movie, had snacks & then he crashed hard after running around all day Sunday - even the rain didn't stop him, he had a blast playing in the rain and puddles.

He rode his bike to the store with me this morning, helped get some groceries and mail a letter to my birth dad and chattered my ear off the entire way there and back. Right now, he's making a Buzz Lightyear XL-15 gingerbread cookie kit with his auntie. When he's done, we're going to go to the splash park for the rest of the afternoon, and take his bike to ride around the rest of the park, then we're having a burger BBQ with his mom and my son when they get here after work.

Then, I plan on dying on my bed the rest of the night because little humans sure can tire you out, haha - but, it's the best kind of tiring. I know this is all as boring as hell to most people, but we've really missed our time with him, so it's been nice to have a different focus than the steady stream of work over the past 2.5 months. We've had so much medical drama in our lives the past 12 years, with the likelihood of more on the horizon, so we really appreciate when life is "boring" and mundane and is just....life. It makes me/us pretty happy.

ETA: He'd also like me to show you his work of art (and I'm supposed to because it's in the grandparent contract, enshrined in law) -

Last edited by Minnie; 06-26-2023 at 01:31 PM.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2023, 02:33 PM   #2016
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Our house is posted! Hoping to have a bidding war, I want to swimming pool in Cape Breton
The Following User Says Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2023, 12:27 PM   #2017
dubc80
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I was buying a new hat at Lids in Chinook. When my account for the discount/points did not work, the random guy behind me in line told me to just use his instead.

Saved me $5 or so, and he got some points out of it. Made me happy.
dubc80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 08:48 PM   #2018
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

The circle of giving: all the heat and rain in the past couple of weeks has resulted in a huge crop of spinach in my veg garden, so I picked a big bunch of it and took it to our neighbour (a little Greek lady). She comes by this afternoon with a plateful of fresh spanikopita made with the spinach!

- Surferguy
Puppet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Puppet Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2023, 10:29 PM   #2019
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Guy View Post
The circle of giving: all the heat and rain in the past couple of weeks has resulted in a huge crop of spinach in my veg garden, so I picked a big bunch of it and took it to our neighbour (a little Greek lady). She comes by this afternoon with a plateful of fresh spanikopita made with the spinach!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2023, 06:12 PM   #2020
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

This grandparent thing brings me so much happiness, every little bit of it.

My grandson lost his first tooth today. He's so excited about it and he video called me to show me. "I'm gonna get a toonieloonie, Lolli!" He gets loonies & toonies confused sometimes, so he's invented new currency, the toonieloonie. (Lolli is my grandma name because he already has a Nana and Grandma)
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post: