Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2023, 09:35 PM   #201
calf
broke the first rule

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiran403 View Post
For those of you who went with Intramed, did you get the premium package or just the regular option? Is there a big difference?
The regular option is no cost, but you have your consult and procedure on different days. The premium package you get the consult and procedure done in the same appointment. I think it's about $200.

The consult part was basically asking medical questions, ensuring you were aware of the risks, and doing a check down there for hernias or anything that might be a complication.

I did the same appointment option, and all in from consult to the end of the recovery time, was in and out in just under an hour. Highly recommend.

Was able to drive myself after the appt as well with no issues.
calf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calf For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2023, 10:03 PM   #202
Engine09
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Yeah, they basically squeeze $200 out of you to allow you to get it all done in 1 visit and therefore only have to book 1 day off work.

Bit of a sleazy move but they explain it away saying if it's 100% covered by Alberta Health then that's the way it has to be done.
Engine09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 04:21 PM   #203
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I’m three weeks post snip and I’d say I’m about 95% recovered. I have a little bit of discomfort every once in a while and sitting in my office chair all day is not the most enjoyable thing still. I’m not having any issues with lifting or exercise, so that is great especially as my biggest concern was being able to do drop off and pick up at day home for our kids. Our 2 year old has decided that he must play mini sticks 24/7, so I’ve had a few “near misses” with balls to the balls, which was a little terrifying at first.
bagofpucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 10:11 AM   #204
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Welp... I'm next up and I chose Intramed / Dr. Crouse, so we'll see how this goes. Monday afternoon.

37, don't have kids and don't want any, and now with being single again, this'll be a huge relief.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 10:30 AM   #205
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Its been 10+ years and I still have the empty vial sitting in my room. Couldn't bring myself to spank it in the parking lot and slam the clear jar on the Precision Labs counter, "Is this enough?"
fotze2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 11:06 AM   #206
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Parking lot? Lol. Go in and do it in the spanking room. There's something about the shame of looking at the lady behind the front desk that really gets the motor running.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SportsJunky For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2023, 11:47 AM   #207
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
Welp... I'm next up and I chose Intramed / Dr. Crouse, so we'll see how this goes. Monday afternoon.

37, don't have kids and don't want any, and now with being single again, this'll be a huge relief.
I did mine at intramed as well. I keep hearing Dr Crouse is retiring, but he hasn't retired yet. Compression shorts + jock strap will help a lot with ensuring a quick recovery. You'll feel good relatively quickly, but stick with the compression shorts and jock strap + other instructions for the full recovery period.

In and out within like half an hour.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2023, 11:48 AM   #208
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

You guys know you can jerk it at home like normal people, right?

... just if it's winter, keep the cup under your pit while you drive the sample in to keep 'em alive haha
Bill Bumface is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2023, 12:44 PM   #209
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

fotze's got another two people I see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
I did mine at intramed as well. I keep hearing Dr Crouse is retiring, but he hasn't retired yet. Compression shorts + jock strap will help a lot with ensuring a quick recovery. You'll feel good relatively quickly, but stick with the compression shorts and jock strap + other instructions for the full recovery period.

In and out within like half an hour.
I presume you did the scalpel-free, needle-free procedure?

I have Under Armour compression shorts so I'm taken care of there. I work at a desk most of the day and I'm taking Monday afternoon and Tuesday all day to recover, any suggestions for once you're back at a (home) desk?
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2023, 01:11 PM   #210
Cycling76er
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Intramed is the place I got mine done 12 years ago! It was quick and pain-free. Honestly, the worst part was that burnt hair smell. >.>
Cycling76er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cycling76er For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2023, 02:28 PM   #211
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
fotze's got another two people I see.I presume you did the scalpel-free, needle-free procedure?

I have Under Armour compression shorts so I'm taken care of there. I work at a desk most of the day and I'm taking Monday afternoon and Tuesday all day to recover, any suggestions for once you're back at a (home) desk?
After the procedure, wear the compression shorts (supportive but not restrictive pants/shorts), ice regularly for the swelling and be the most careful about movement for the first 3-5 days. You can walk around and stuff like normal but we aware of any movements that might jolt the boys (ie: Jumping, hopping, stairs etc.). If you feel a little tired, listen to your body if you're tired.

I think the assistant remarked that a lot of guys show up in tight jeans and don't follow the pre and post instructions at all. I think the real recovery time is like half of the duration of what's in the instructions assuming you follow the instructions really closely for the first 3-5 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycling76er View Post
Intramed is the place I got mine done 12 years ago! It was quick and pain-free. Honestly, the worst part was that burnt hair smell. >.>
Burnt hair smell? I thought the instructions said shave all hair that could get in the way prior to the appointment? Or did I just do that proactively to my benefit?
Old 06-01-2023, 02:31 PM   #212
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

You guys are scaring me.

But another baby scares me more.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 02:39 PM   #213
DionTheDman
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

One month post. Did mine May 2. There was a steady stream of dudes in and out of the building. First week wasn't great, but after that things were back to normal. I kept up with the painkiller/anti-inflammatory meds probably a bit longer than I had to.

Also had a pack of ice pretty much all day every day for the first week. I think it helped.
DionTheDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 02:49 PM   #214
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
You guys are scaring me.

But another baby scares me more.
It just sounds scary. It's not bad at all. I think I felt more uncomfortable for annual body check ups than I did for the actual vasectomy. I was in and out in like half an hour, but like 15-20 of those minutes were sitting in the waiting room to make sure I didn't faint or have a reaction to the anesthetic or whatever before driving off. You can leave immediately if you're not the one driving home.

After that, you just have 1-3 weeks where you want to monitor your groin area as if you had stitches (which is basically what you have). This is so that the area that was operated on can recover. It's not much different than being careful about bursting stitches and icing any time you see swelling. Except this spot is one that you don't realize how often you activate regularly for innocuous movements like balancing and whatnot so recovery can be obstructed regularly depending on what activities you do.

Like, you can almost completely ignore the recovery instructions if you want. My buddy got his done, a week and a half later he said he felt back to normal and was playing soccer with his kids and got corked in the groin with a headbutt. He was limping around for like 3-4 days and icing the jewels like he was back to day 1 and his full recovery was somewhere at week 4 to 5. Dumb things just makes seemingly makes your recovery to feeling completely normal delayed by half a week or a week each time.
Old 06-01-2023, 03:04 PM   #215
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh yeah, I'm definitely showing up in track pants with compression shorts on underneath. This is surgery, not a job interview.

This is all very helpful, so thank you DoubleF.
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2023, 08:45 AM   #216
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Oh yeah, I'm definitely showing up in track pants
Tear-aways. Power move when he asks you to drop your pants and get on the table.
Bill Bumface is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2023, 08:58 AM   #217
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The worst part is that now all that comes out is a wisp of dust with a couple fleas.
fotze2 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fotze2 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2023, 09:59 AM   #218
Fuzzy14
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
The worst part is that now all that comes out is a wisp of dust with a couple fleas.
Just a gentle puff of Coffee Mate.
Fuzzy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 10:08 AM   #219
calf
broke the first rule

Exp:

With enough practice you can make smoke rings
calf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calf For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2023, 10:23 AM   #220
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

People are lying, this hurts like a mother####er!

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post: