Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2022, 12:05 PM   #2061
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
McDaniels and Ziegler are Patriots guys, I would expect they let him walk. He's had a great year, but also contract year risk and all that.
I think they planned on the typical Patriots running by committee approach but Jacobs has been so good that he's getting almost all the carries. I would be surprised if they let him walk.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 12:39 PM   #2062
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

I wouldn't be surprised if they move on and try to shore up both of their lines. Patriots only give those second contracts to premium positions, and RB is not that anymore.
But who knows, yesterday was the first time all year they surrendered more than 30 points so maybe the defence is better than what I perceive.
Old 11-28-2022, 12:40 PM   #2063
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
If the refs had not made an obviously wrong call, the team that won would have lost, more or less entirely without question. This isn't complicated. The outcome wasn't just influenced by a bad call, it was dictated by that bad call.
It's neat you can see into the future so clearly. What's that like? It's football. There are a myriad of things that could have happened by chance even if that call had gone Seattle's way.

The biggest influence on the game the Seahawks getting tossed around at the line of scrimmage, not one bad call.

Quote:
Your logic would entail that the right thing to do is to have the referees make bad calls in favour of whichever team played better based on the stats to ensure that that team winds up with the win. That's idiotic.
You sound like a petulant toddler. Your team let a bad 3-7 Raiders team come into your own barn and push you around. You don't deserve #### at that point.

My logic is that the team that scores the most points deserves to win the game.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2022, 12:48 PM   #2064
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lol, I just went back and watched. Even if the Seahawks had gotten the call, there were 3 minutes left, the Raiders had all 3 timeouts, and Seattle would have had the ball at their own 10. The idea that the game would have been "over" at that point is completely absurd.
Old 11-28-2022, 12:57 PM   #2065
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wait... You've just argued for two pages about a play you didn't even watch until now, when you're effectively just watching to retroactively confirm your own tired, idiotic arguments about making the incompetence of officials moot? That's rich. Just FYI, if the Seahawks get that turnover, the Raiders' win likelihood drops from about 40% to about 4%. So, yeah. Effectively game over, especially in that deflating a circumstance.

I think it's pretty obvious that you're just trying to defend the integrity of results in a fake league because your team happens to be doing well this year, and might be a Super Bowl contender... well, I'm telling you that if they win - which they probably won't anyway - it won't mean anything at all. And if they lose due to terrible officiating, I will find it very, very funny.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 01:00 PM   #2066
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oy
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 01:01 PM   #2067
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rube has literal financial incentive to see the Raiders lose as he has a bet on their win total, and a loss yesterday leaves them with only one more loss to go. So the fact he's defending them is kinda admirable.
Old 11-28-2022, 06:07 PM   #2068
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Wait... You've just argued for two pages about a play you didn't even watch until now, when you're effectively just watching to retroactively confirm your own tired, idiotic arguments about making the incompetence of officials moot? That's rich.
I watched it live but had had some drinks and couldn't remember if they had all their timeouts left. So I went back and watched to see just exactly how ridiculous you're being (hint: it's a lot).

Quote:
Just FYI, if the Seahawks get that turnover, the Raiders' win likelihood drops from about 40% to about 4%. So, yeah. Effectively game over, especially in that deflating a circumstance.
These numbers sound totally objective and scientific.

Your defense couldn't stop the Raiders at all, but it's completely unfathomable that they could have tied it up with effectively two minutes of time left?

Quote:
I think it's pretty obvious that you're just trying to defend the integrity of results in a fake league because your team happens to be doing well this year, and might be a Super Bowl contender... well, I'm telling you that if they win - which they probably won't anyway - it won't mean anything at all. And if they lose due to terrible officiating, I will find it very, very funny.
Welp better tell the NFL to cancel the rest of the season or stick an asterisk next to this year's Super Bowl champ because some random man-baby on the internet threw a hilarious tantrum.
Old 11-28-2022, 06:07 PM   #2069
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Rube has literal financial incentive to see the Raiders lose as he has a bet on their win total, and a loss yesterday leaves them with only one more loss to go. So the fact he's defending them is kinda admirable.
Actually I would have won the money yesterday had they lost. Dino and I set the O/U at 9.5.
Old 11-28-2022, 06:33 PM   #2070
FormerPresJamesTaylor
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Can you imagine interacting with a guy like Corsi in real life? Trying to sit back on a weekend and enjoy a football game? Exhausting.
FormerPresJamesTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 06:57 PM   #2071
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Colts are horrible
Old 11-28-2022, 07:17 PM   #2072
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does anyone know why and when the Colts started putting the horseshoe on the back on their helmets instead of the side? It looks stupid.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 07:27 PM   #2073
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Does anyone know why and when the Colts started putting the horseshoe on the back on their helmets instead of the side? It looks stupid.
Last week they had their normal ones with the horse shoe on the side and numbers on the back. Might be a prime time one off.
Old 11-28-2022, 08:19 PM   #2074
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

They are wearing their retro jerseys. The arm sleeves are different.
Old 11-28-2022, 09:14 PM   #2075
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is some hilariously bad clock management.
Old 11-29-2022, 01:22 PM   #2076
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

I get that the Cowboys can draw high viewership, but it sucks that they didn't flex the Dolphins and 49ers into the Sunday Night game. The Colts are not much better than the Broncos in terms of viewing pleasure.

Even the following week the Dolphins and Chargers sets up yo be a lot more watchable than the Broncos and Chiefs. Although the Chiefs defence might be the tonic that 3 needs to go ride.
Old 11-29-2022, 02:02 PM   #2077
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

They definitely will flex the Broncos-Chiefs. Could go with Bills-Jets too as that has playoff implications. No one wants to see the Broncos smell up games anymore.
Old 11-29-2022, 05:04 PM   #2078
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
I get that the Cowboys can draw high viewership, but it sucks that they didn't flex the Dolphins and 49ers into the Sunday Night game. The Colts are not much better than the Broncos in terms of viewing pleasure.

Even the following week the Dolphins and Chargers sets up yo be a lot more watchable than the Broncos and Chiefs. Although the Chiefs defence might be the tonic that 3 needs to go ride.
Quote:
They definitely will flex the Broncos-Chiefs. Could go with Bills-Jets too as that has playoff implications. No one wants to see the Broncos smell up games anymore.
Bills/Jets or Eagles/Giants would be the obvious candidates just based on market-size and playoff implications.
Old 11-30-2022, 12:16 AM   #2079
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

We were all wrong. Dolphins/Chargers is getting flexed.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1597772652302995458
Old 11-30-2022, 06:19 AM   #2080
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

As much as it hurts the NFL to remove the Cowboys from a primetime game, it's way better for the league to showcase the best teams and best games.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football , gambling , red zone