Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-15-2019, 06:44 AM   #201
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
This isn’t their first e-scooter rodeo. You’ll see way worse in certain areas of the world.

See, that's the problem with having eight kids. You have to build out riggers for your motorcycle. What a pain in the ass.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 07:19 AM   #202
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
See, that's the problem with having eight kids. You have to build out riggers for your motorcycle. What a pain in the ass.
I think that's the school bus...
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 06:31 PM   #203
BloodFetish
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
This isn’t their first e-scooter rodeo. You’ll see way worse in certain areas of the world.

Doesn't count unless there's livestock!
BloodFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 06:53 PM   #204
monkeyman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodFetish View Post
Doesn't count unless there's livestock!
you know there's at least one chicken in there somewhere.
Old 08-16-2019, 11:30 AM   #205
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Scene I saw on my way home last night around 10, downtown. Three younger guys, probably around 20, are crossing 2nd street. Instead of using the ramp to get on the sidewalk, they decide they want to be cool and ollie over the curb as high as they can. The first two do it easily, but the third, somewhat less confident, clips his back wheel on the curb as he attempts to clear it, causing him to lose control. As he attempts to regain his footing, he comes about a foot from plowing full speed into an older couple walking down the sidewalk.

There really needs to be some sort of crackdown on that. That'd help keep the injury stats low.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 11:32 AM   #206
Dan02
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good luck with cracking down on idiots being idiots
Dan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dan02 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2019, 11:36 AM   #207
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Scene I saw on my way home last night around 10, downtown. Three younger guys, probably around 20, are crossing 2nd street. Instead of using the ramp to get on the sidewalk, they decide they want to be cool and ollie over the curb as high as they can. The first two do it easily, but the third, somewhat less confident, clips his back wheel on the curb as he attempts to clear it, causing him to lose control. As he attempts to regain his footing, he comes about a foot from plowing full speed into an older couple walking down the sidewalk.

There really needs to be some sort of crackdown on that. That'd help keep the injury stats low.
A foot? Wow, I hope he didn't scratch their bubble wrap.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 11:39 AM   #208
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan02 View Post
Good luck with cracking down on idiots being idiots
Apparently we are supplying new tools for idiocy to be inflicted by idiots on the rest of us, and I'm suggesting some measures be taken to make it more difficult. E.g., require anyone using them to carry ID, and start ticketing people for reckless use of the things on public sidewalks. There's absolutely no need to jump them onto or off of obstacles to get where you're going.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 11:47 AM   #209
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

I saw a woman snag her bag on a planter yesterday for a decent wipe out. A good solution would be to require three wheel scooters. They're way safer but the cost wouldn't fit the business model as well.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 01:55 PM   #210
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Apparently we are supplying new tools for idiocy to be inflicted by idiots on the rest of us, and I'm suggesting some measures be taken to make it more difficult. E.g., require anyone using them to carry ID, and start ticketing people for reckless use of the things on public sidewalks. There's absolutely no need to jump them onto or off of obstacles to get where you're going.
There is a $150 ticket for interfering with a pedestrian. Like everything else, there is no ticket for almost doing something. I would on board with restricting their use to those with driver’s license, or even a simple scooter license if such a thing were relatively easy and cheap to get (kind of a bare minimum gateway to entry). Then again, I also believe cyclists should have that.

But my only real concern with your post was that you can’t actually Ollie a scooter.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 05:55 PM   #211
8 Ball
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The fam and I took some e-scooters for a rip today through Kensington and down along the river. They are a lot of fun. Didn’t see any bad things happen.
8 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 05:58 PM   #212
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Ball View Post
The fam and I took some e-scooters for a rip today through Kensington and down along the river. They are a lot of fun. Didn’t see any bad things happen.
You obviously weren’t thinking of the children.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 12:22 PM   #213
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Ball View Post
Were you able to scan and activate multiple scooters with the same phone? I'm assuming you have children who you were with who came along (unless you meant all adult family members) who wouldn't have credit cards.

Is it only 1 single activation per phone? Or does anyone know if you can scan multiple scooters with the same account?
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 12:33 PM   #214
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
Were you able to scan and activate multiple scooters with the same phone? I'm assuming you have children who you were with who came along (unless you meant all adult family members) who wouldn't have credit cards.

Is it only 1 single activation per phone? Or does anyone know if you can scan multiple scooters with the same account?
Classy way to get her to come home with you.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 12:56 PM   #215
8 Ball
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

I don’t believe so. I was with my wife, and my eldest daughter who is 17 and has her own phone.
8 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 01:00 PM   #216
llwhiteoutll
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

How would one go about getting one of these to the deep SE? I assume you can’t just grab one and haul it home on the train and would need to ride it the whole way?
llwhiteoutll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 01:14 PM   #217
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by llwhiteoutll View Post
How would one go about getting one of these to the deep SE? I assume you can’t just grab one and haul it home on the train and would need to ride it the whole way?
I think there is exactly 1 in the deep SE. There's one that floats around in McKenzie Lake area I see from time to time.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 04:51 PM   #218
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

You could ride it all the way from downtown to the deep SE on the pathway system. Would probably cost $20 or more but could be an experience.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 04:55 PM   #219
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

/\/\
That's actually a pretty cool idea.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 05:51 PM   #220
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

It does not show up on the Lime app here, but when I was in Paris there was a button near the bottom of the screen for group rides. It would let you scan multiple scooters and they would all be billed on your account.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote