Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-12-2017, 09:12 AM   #261
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

I find with reserved seating, even though I have other priorities and responsibilities now compared to when the prequels came out, it's far less hassle to go see the movie on opening night than when you used to have to split shifts with your buddies to hold your place in line throughout the day.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2017, 09:15 AM   #262
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm also too cheap to pay for reserved seating!
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:19 AM   #263
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

The only problem with waiting is the increased likelihood of having major plot points spoiled. If you don't care about those things, waiting for the crowds to die down makes sense.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:29 AM   #264
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
The only problem with waiting is the increased likelihood of having major plot points spoiled. If you don't care about those things, waiting for the crowds to die down makes sense.
The morning of TFA release my boss joking says "So I can't believe they killed Han Solo, eh?" He totally made something up off the top of his head and wasn't following any Star Wars news. We laughed. Then when I went to see the movie and the moment Han Solo died I was mad at my boss.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:31 AM   #265
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
Here is the press release.
http://www.starwars.com/news/j-j-abr...c%7C1069686719

A little disappointed we'll back in JJ's mystery box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JJ Abrams is what he is, and hes competent. I'm more comfortable going with the competent 'Devil we Know' rather than rolling the dice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
Chris Terrio is also attached to write the script. Who is Chris Terrio? The same man who wrote Batman V Superman and Justice League. I loved BvS so I'm pumped; general audiences however not so much.
That must be lonely.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2017, 09:50 AM   #266
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
I'm also too cheap to pay for reserved seating!
Is it not the same price? I think landmark cinemas has switched to all reserved seating, I can't recall the last time I wasn't asked to select my seats there
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:38 AM   #267
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
Is it not the same price? I think landmark cinemas has switched to all reserved seating, I can't recall the last time I wasn't asked to select my seats there
I live in Lethbridge. There is two rows of prime seats in the each theatre. Those are the two rows in front of the dbox seats, which is also two rows. The rest is rush seating which is probably between 12-16 rows.

I got curious at the difference in rates in Lethbridge and looked them up. General admission is $9.25, Prime (reserved) seating is $11.25, 3D is $12.25 and DBOX is $17.25.

Last edited by Buff; 09-12-2017 at 11:02 AM.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:02 AM   #268
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I live in Lethbridge. There is two rows of prime seats in the each theatre. Those are the two rows in front of the dbox seats, which is also two rows. The rest is rush seating which is probably between 12-16 rows.
Cant you just drive your truck up to the front? He with the biggest truck gets the best view?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2017, 11:07 AM   #269
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Cant you just drive your truck up to the front? He with the biggest truck gets the best view?
Don't even get me started on the damn trucks in Lethbridge!
Old 09-12-2017, 11:46 AM   #270
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Glad its Abrams back. Im wondering what Treverrow's SW looks like and why he wont be back.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:51 AM   #271
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The problem is nearly all Abrams movies seems to have poor/underwhelming conclusions. TFA was just the start of the story arc (so does not apply) and was serviceable, but I don't trust Abrams to tie up the trilogy with a bang.

Hopefully he learns from thing like having Leia hug a complete stranger in the immediate aftermath of the loss of her husband as Chewy just walks by. Still a real head scratcher of a moment that he tried to explain away after the fact but made no sense upon watching the movie itself.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:23 PM   #272
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Glad its Abrams back. Im wondering what Treverrow's SW looks like and why he wont be back.

Probably would have Rey solely exist to be a sex object for a last minute introduced Male protagonist. She also would have been running around in heels and then eaten by rancor for being competent at her job, but the audience is supposed to feel like it's a comeuppance for her judging Luke's reluctance to join the fray again.
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:39 PM   #273
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
Probably would have Rey solely exist to be a sex object for a last minute introduced Male protagonist. She also would have been running around in heels and then eaten by rancor for being competent at her job, but the audience is supposed to feel like it's a comeuppance for her judging Luke's reluctance to join the fray again.
a pack of giant mynocks would swoop down and pick her up, then proceed to fight over her limbs and juggle her helpless body as she screams in pain. this would go on for a good uncomfortable minute or two, until finally a sando aqua monster leaps out of the water and gulps her and the mynocks down whole.

Luke would stand there watching with an indifferent expression, then turn back towards his cave and mutter "...there's always a bigger fish..."
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:49 PM   #274
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
The problem is nearly all Abrams movies seems to have poor/underwhelming conclusions. TFA was just the start of the story arc (so does not apply) and was serviceable, but I don't trust Abrams to tie up the trilogy with a bang.

Hopefully he learns from thing like having Leia hug a complete stranger in the immediate aftermath of the loss of her husband as Chewy just walks by. Still a real head scratcher of a moment that he tried to explain away after the fact but made no sense upon watching the movie itself.

We may never know , but I really why and how they tinkered with the script as much as they did when production shut down following Ford's injury.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:10 PM   #275
icecube
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
The morning of TFA release my boss joking says "So I can't believe they killed Han Solo, eh?" He totally made something up off the top of his head and wasn't following any Star Wars news. We laughed. Then when I went to see the movie and the moment Han Solo died I was mad at my boss.
If you watch enough movies and read enough stories it should have been plain as the nose on your face that Han Solo had a better than 50% chance of being killed off in this movie.

It's the mentor dying beat and has literally been around since stories have been told on this planet we call earth. It's been done thousands of times.

See Obi Wan Kenobi in the original star wars.
icecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to icecube For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2017, 08:14 PM   #276
icecube
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post

The guy is a freaking moron for that decision alone. Someone should have smacked some sense into him on that set.
icecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:44 PM   #277
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecube View Post
If you watch enough movies and read enough stories it should have been plain as the nose on your face that Han Solo had a better than 50% chance of being killed off in this movie.

It's the mentor dying beat and has literally been around since stories have been told on this planet we call earth. It's been done thousands of times.

See Obi Wan Kenobi in the original star wars.
I guess I'm just stupid.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:32 PM   #278
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecube View Post
The guy is a freaking moron for that decision alone. Someone should have smacked some sense into him on that set.

He was focused on getting Finn to the hospital so he could flirt with the Doctor again! #priorities
Old 09-19-2017, 02:02 PM   #279
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Mark Hamill deleted a tweet in regards to the new trailer, possibly October 9th during Monday Night Football.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/9/19/16...er-mark-hamill
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 02:04 PM   #280
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luder View Post
Mark Hamill deleted a tweet in regards to the new trailer, possibly October 9th during Monday Night Football.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/9/19/16...er-mark-hamill
When it comes to Disney and Star Wars in particular I always get the impression that there are no mistakes. We're being played like a fiddle.

The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: