Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-28-2016, 01:11 PM   #101
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
This is a problem I'm facing. I don't do Mythics, and I'm sure not interested in Mythic+ stuff...and it looks like they are trying to force a lot of people into Mythics. I was really excited about "Going Back to Karazhan"...until it was announced to be a Mythic only. Now it's not likely I'll ever see it, unless I really outlevel/gear it solo some years down the road.

I'm also not impressed with the "80 Soul Prisms" quest. Couple of big mis-steps in this content patch, imo. Guess we'll see where it goes.
Mythic+ is nice for those who want the small group challenge. I haven't seen too many people with gear over Mythic 5 yet, with the highest I've seen is Mythic 9. Most give Mythic 2 a shot here and there but it's not for everyone for sure.

The soul prisms are lazy legendary quest gating like before. Not surprising since they've done it many times in the past few expansions. In the four Mythic dungeons I did to unlock Karazhan, I got 4 soul prisms. I don't think I'll be running 80 mythic dungeons any time soon.

Last edited by Mazrim; 10-28-2016 at 01:15 PM.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:35 PM   #102
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
Mythic+ is nice for those who want the small group challenge. I haven't seen too many people with gear over Mythic 5 yet, with the highest I've seen is Mythic 9. Most give Mythic 2 a shot here and there but it's not for everyone for sure.

The soul prisms are lazy legendary quest gating like before. Not surprising since they've done it many times in the past few expansions. In the four Mythic dungeons I did to unlock Karazhan, I got 4 soul prisms. I don't think I'll be running 80 mythic dungeons any time soon.
The weekly cap is 10 prisms, so it automatically gates the quest over 8 weeks. It's probably worth trying to get 10 each week.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:59 PM   #103
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komskies View Post
The weekly cap is 10 prisms, so it automatically gates the quest over 8 weeks. It's probably worth trying to get 10 each week.
The problem is more the randomness of it, especially for anyone who doesn't (or can't) run Mythic+.

It currently looks like it's set up so that Normal to Mythic0 give an RNG chance off the last boss to get ONE Prism. Mythic + has 1 guaranteed plus an RNG chance for more than one.

So it means that anyone who doesn't run only Mythic plus is going to running 80+ dungeons (probably closer to 100-160 given even a 50% drop chance).

Seems a wee bit unrealistic.

I'm thinking, if they wanted to cap it at 10/week and have people do it, make it so that it's an RNG chance off any boss not the last boss and a 100% chance off the last boss. 1 for Normal, 2 for Heroic, 3 for Mythic. Still gives people a fighting chance and a reason to run it while keeping it gating content 2 months away.

I look at this and think "Ok, I don't have a guild to run Mythics with, or the interest in trying to go through finding a group for that. I will run Normal to Heroics if I'm in the mood to sit through a 15-60 minute queue (I'm dps). This quest will likely never get done at the rate that it's currently set."
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 10:01 AM   #104
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

broke down and bought this this weekend and got one character to 110.

It's not bad, but it was a little overhyped to me. Having to relearn some of my characters is a little annoying.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:11 PM   #105
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

So I haven't played since WotLK. I played around with Cata a bit, but the talent system was so broken I just stopped. I haven't even thought about it since. All of a sudden I watch the Warcraft movie and Bah-BAM!! I want to play again.

Is the talent system still garbage? I remember PvP not being so fear dependant.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:21 PM   #106
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer Fire View Post
So I haven't played since WotLK. I played around with Cata a bit, but the talent system was so broken I just stopped. I haven't even thought about it since. All of a sudden I watch the Warcraft movie and Bah-BAM!! I want to play again.

Is the talent system still garbage? I remember PvP not being so fear dependant.
Not really many fears left. Shadow priests lost fear, same with holy. Only disc have fear. Lock not so effective. It's gotten a lot better and a seems like a lot of the lore in Legion is in the move (Still have not seen the movie yet but judging from previews). Talents are more focused now and you can switch between specs without completly respecing for coin and having to redo your talent tree.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 02:38 PM   #107
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I feel like he just typo'd fear instead of gear.
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2016, 11:57 PM   #108
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Fear=gear.

My bad.
Old 11-03-2016, 01:29 PM   #109
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The gear is a lot better for PVP as it doesn't have that special PVP resistance. It seems like you can just gear as normal and dont need to run areas to get a full set. I ran some battlegrounds with my spriest and he was killing it (no pvp specific gear)
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 11:02 AM   #110
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

My (extremely) poorly worded question should be rephrased as such:

Is PvP skill based like it was in the days of Vanilla, or is it still gear based? I remember being in full T1 PvP gear (Blood Guard ftw) and being able to chew through hunters, warlocks, rogues, and one particular paladin that were all outfitted in T2 PvP gear. Simply because I knew how to play warriors and had my rotation-vs-class set. Fast forward to WotLK and I'm getting wrecked left, right, and centre by everything except rogues, and they are all wearing greens.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:08 AM   #111
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Vanilla PVP was totally gear based, it just wasn't PVP gear based. I was at my raiding peak in Vanilla and, although terrible at PVP, was a wrecking ball because I was geared as hell on my warrior.

My alt rogue was pretty geared too and I remember regularly killing geared PVP warriors in the opening stun with Thistle Tea and the ZG trinket.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:48 AM   #112
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

You were a wrecking ball because you were a warrior. Vanilla warriors were destroyers in PvP. At least until the end on Vanilla. Pre-BC warriors got the nerf-hammer and got it hard. At a certain point through, PvP was skilled based in Vanilla.

I just wanna know if everything, especially warriors, is still incredibly gear dependent, or if skill comes into play again.
Old 11-04-2016, 12:40 PM   #113
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well vanilla warriors were more gear dependent than any other class. Rogues were close to follow, but finishing moves like eviscerate never scaled with gear. +damage also wasn't really a thing for casters. Warriors were the only class to have their damage scale linearly.

But for the first 8 months or so of the game, warriors were widely considered the worst class. After that the only classes I couldn't destroy consistently were shadow priests and shamans.

I miss vanilla that #### was dope

Last edited by Ashasx; 11-04-2016 at 12:43 PM.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 01:17 PM   #114
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I miss the spare time I had to play and raid in Vanilla. I'd know 5 languages right now if I had devoted that time to studying them instead of Warcraft.

Sad.
Old 11-04-2016, 01:45 PM   #115
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

I look back at my time playing vanilla fondly. I wasted no time because it was something I enjoyed.

and unlike something like Ocarina of Time or whatever your favorite video game might be, you can't just hook up your N64 to experience it again.

Last edited by Ashasx; 11-04-2016 at 01:47 PM.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 02:07 PM   #116
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I enjoyed it, but with the benefit of hindsight, I wish I could bundle all that time into something productive.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:20 PM   #117
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Interesting stuff coming out of the Legion panel at Blizzcon:
- Mists of Pandaria Timewalking dungeons
- Micro-holidays
- Talent fixes/additions
- 7.2 is Tomb of Sargeras, dungeon and raid
- Broken Isles Flying and class-specific flying mounts in 7.2
- Sounds like 7.3 will be Argus (legion home planet)?

I'm somewhat surprised by Argus being a patch and not an expansion if true. I suppose if it's the legion home base then it's probably all dark and demonic everywhere which would get old quickly, kind of like the Emerald Nightmare color scheme in half of Val'Sharah, Darkheart Thicket and EN Raid - it gets old really fast!

Could this mean the next expansion would be a planet hopping type experience, similar to games like Metroid Prime 3? I'm not sure how many more mysteriously hidden islands can be on Azeroth itself.
Old 11-05-2016, 03:18 PM   #118
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I'm not sure how many more mysteriously hidden islands can be on Azeroth itself.
I know right! LOL
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 04:08 PM   #119
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
- Broken Isles Flying and class-specific flying mounts in 7.2
Can you elaborate on this a bit more? I really miss flying and am wondering when it'll finally come back
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 08:50 AM   #120
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Can you elaborate on this a bit more? I really miss flying and am wondering when it'll finally come back
It's a two part achievement you have to complete to get flying. Part 1 is already in the game and requires you to explore all the broken isles zones, finish all the major quest lines, finish enough world quests, and earn revered or exalted (can't remember) with each faction in the broken isles. Part 2 will likely expand on some of these or add new stuff based on the extra content they are planning.