Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-15-2017, 12:26 PM   #421
spuzzum
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenHardHat View Post
Anybody have any reviews on the Shaw's Bluesky TV? I know there was a thread on it when it first came out in January, but I'm curious if opinions have changed now that it has been around for almost 8 months.
We have had BlueSky for 6 months now. The system responds much quicker now compared to Gateway. The voice interaction is cool but the excitement wears off after a while. Being able to record 6 shows at one time with 1.5 TB of space is great, plus being able to access any of the recordings from any device.

The biggest annoyance is the guide itself - the system channel guide shows all tv channels even if you do not have a subscription to them. With all the theme packs and 400 channels, it's impossible to remember all the channels you have.

I'd still upgrade to BlueSky. The pros outweigh the cons.
spuzzum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spuzzum For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2017, 12:37 PM   #422
CubicleGeek
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuzzum View Post
The biggest annoyance is the guide itself - the system channel guide shows all tv channels even if you do not have a subscription to them. With all the theme packs and 400 channels, it's impossible to remember all the channels you have.
If you hit "Guide" twice, there's a "Free to me" guide view now.
CubicleGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CubicleGeek For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2017, 12:45 PM   #423
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuzzum View Post
with 1.5 TB of space is great,
So there is an external drive available for BlueSky? The spec sheet just mentions the 500gig drive and assumed that was all we got.

Also, I assume there is no way to transfer the shows from your current external drive to a new one?
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:12 PM   #424
fredr123
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psicodude View Post
Posted earlier in this thread, but do this to change the skip function to 30 secs:
Thank you for re-posting that tip. I tried it last night and it worked wonders. There's no feedback to confirm that you've punched in the sequence correctly (at least none that I noticed) so it took me a few tries to realize it was working.
fredr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 07:04 PM   #425
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Just an FYI for anyone looking to lower their TV bill, apparently their retention department is very aggressive right now. My total Shaw bill was $80 for internet and $46 for TV, and I called to cancel TV completely saying that I'm going strictly with streaming services. They offered to drop my bill to $90 for both internet and TV for 12 months and include an extra TV theme pack for no charge. Even if you have no intention of cancelling it may be worth a call to retentions
Hemi-Cuda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 02:08 PM   #426
Stealth22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Just an FYI for anyone looking to lower their TV bill, apparently their retention department is very aggressive right now. My total Shaw bill was $80 for internet and $46 for TV, and I called to cancel TV completely saying that I'm going strictly with streaming services. They offered to drop my bill to $90 for both internet and TV for 12 months and include an extra TV theme pack for no charge. Even if you have no intention of cancelling it may be worth a call to retentions
I presume that this does not apply if you're in a 2 year contract on the 150 plan?
Stealth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 12:05 AM   #427
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth22 View Post
I presume that this does not apply if you're in a 2 year contract on the 150 plan?
The contract is only for the internet, I have that same plan and there was no issue cancelling my TV service
Hemi-Cuda is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2017, 07:36 PM   #428
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's like they know I'm trying to cancel. Been on hold for 2 hours
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 07:38 PM   #429
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Use chat instead of phoning like a savage.
Finger Cookin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 07:39 PM   #430
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
Use chat instead of phoning like a savage.
Tried it. Can't cancel over chat, need to phone
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2017, 09:42 AM   #431
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

NM. Wrong thread.

Last edited by chemgear; 09-08-2017 at 09:44 AM.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:28 AM   #432
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

You can't really cancel over the phone either. They won't officially stop your billing until you return the equipment. I went to the Sunridge Shaw store right when they opened at 10am and was done and out in around 10 minutes.
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 06:08 PM   #433
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks View Post
You can't really cancel over the phone either. They won't officially stop your billing until you return the equipment. I went to the Sunridge Shaw store right when they opened at 10am and was done and out in around 10 minutes.
I returned the equipment on Wedensday, but since the contract is under my exes name I couldn't cancel. So she has to call and cancel it at some point, because somehow even though all the equipment has been returned they're still going to bill us.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:12 PM   #434
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks View Post
I cancelled 2 months ago and was away on vacation and didn't return it until a few days ago and they didn't charge me for the 2 months.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:01 PM   #435
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Getting refunded for returning my equipment at the end of August sure has been a pain in the ass. After seeing they had taken out over $500 from my bank account a couple weeks ago I contacted them on their chat.

The guy told me the only way they can refund me is by credit card so he calls and gets my info and says it will take 3-5 days. A week goes by and nothing so I contact them again on chat and the woman tells me there's no notes about them processing the refund but she will send it again and leave a note.

I check again this morning and still nothing so I decide to phone this time. The guy tells me because my credit card has never been used for payments they cant send a refund to it so they will have to send a refund cheque. Why the hell didn't they just send me a refund cheque the first time? This has annoyed me so much that when I do move someplace else I may not even go back to Shaw.

Last edited by Inferno; 10-12-2017 at 05:20 PM.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:14 PM   #436
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Same thing happened to us a month ago.

Said they would mail a cheque in 4-6 weeks.... we're still waiting.

Someone needs to be fired there if this is an ongoing practice.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
sa226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:22 PM   #437
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa226 View Post
Said they would mail a cheque in 4-6 weeks.... we're still waiting.
Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
The guy told me I should get it in 10-12 days. We'll see.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:37 PM   #438
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

I get no sound on Shaw 83 - NBC Detroit. I get sound just for a second when you turn to the channel, then the sound goes off. Sound is fine on every other channel.
What is the fix?
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:41 PM   #439
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
I get no sound on Shaw 83 - NBC Detroit. I get sound just for a second when you turn to the channel, then the sound goes off. Sound is fine on every other channel.
What is the fix?
Tweet @shawhelp in the morning. They're fast on the response and very helpful.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2017, 03:10 PM   #440
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Shaw are still being really aggressive with cable retention. We cut the cable about two years ago and back in September they offered as a deal to go back on cable for free for two months, cut our land line phone bill to $10/month for two years, and upgrade to Internet 150 for $80.

We took the deal, but still barely used cable, and I called last night to remove it from our account. On hold for 5 minutes and they called back offering free cable for 1 year if we sign up for a second year. So Internet 150, cable (small package), and landline for $90 a month for year one, jumping to $135 a month in year two.

We still didn't do it, because we get by fine with our over the air antenna for the occasional live event. But the gist of it is if you have cable, this is a very good time to threaten to quit. They're absolute desperate for retention.

Last edited by CliffFletcher; 11-02-2017 at 03:13 PM.
CliffFletcher is online now   Reply With Quote