Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2021, 11:54 PM   #3321
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

After watching the re:view of Justice League review (above), I watched the seven minute primer, here. It's supposed to be comedic, but it's actually really close to the Whedon vision. Even this couldn't stomach putting in the special poor Russian family.

Old 03-23-2021, 08:37 AM   #3322
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some of y'all will be happy to hear that WB said in an interview they won't be continuing with Snyder's story....
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 08:42 AM   #3323
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
Some of y'all will be happy to hear that WB said in an interview they won't be continuing with Snyder's story....
Too bad, but unsurprising. I didn't hate ZSJL. It certainly had its flaws, but was decent on the whole. If anything it provided a great set up for future movies.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sr. Mints For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2021, 09:56 AM   #3324
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I don't doubt that they won't continue it. The sheer cost of the Whedom one combined with the sheer cost of the ZS apology movie, means that the studio won't take the risk of another stumble and massive money loss, especially since there's very little in the way of recovery since its essentially given away for next to nothing with Crave.

If the next Suicide Squad gets bad reviews or bombs, I think the whole DC universe leaves the theatres for a while, since with the exception of Batwoman the DC small screen stuff has been very good (Gotham, Pennyworth)

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 10:10 AM   #3325
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yay,

I looked at what movies he has made and Bman v Sman was one of them.

I can't think of a bigger piece of #### than that movie.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 10:11 AM   #3326
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I don't think he's that great of a filmaker, I think he's a formula guy. I mean Bay has his explosions Snyder has his slow motion, Abrams has his light effects.

As I near the end it was really hit and miss for me, it wasn't what I call a consistently great movie, it was more flashes of what could be something good in there. Is it that super hero movie that I would watch again, unlikely. Is it an improvement on the original, absolutely I concede that easily.

I'd like to see Puppet guy get a 400 million dollar budget to do Justice (puppet) League, Rise of the argyle sock.
Snyder is terrible. I can put up with certain cinematic effects if the story, character development and overall direction of the movie makes sense. But this Justice League was over the top with the Snyder bull#### and the rest couldn't make up for it.

I think the part I hated the most was this movie was strictly a staging ground for other movies that will never come, just completely pointless. And let's release it in a format no one we ever see it in properly and most won't understand anyways. Again, pointless. I look at stuff like that and I just ask myself why?
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 10:34 AM   #3327
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

So I’ve seen two rumours about the GL stuff. Snyder confirmed he shot a scene with at least one Green Lantern for the ending, but was told no by the studio. It seems it was most likely John Stewart. But WB is using that character for their HBO TV series and thus didn’t want the confusion.

This show apparently starts filming right away.

The other rumour said he wanted Kilowog and Ryan Reynolds from the original movie to show up. I find this one a lot less likely.

I also have to laugh at people who watch a Snyder movie and complain about the slow motion. Do you order a rare steak then complain the meat has colour? Lol

If you don’t like slow mo, don’t watch his movies. I don’t understand what they expect.

You can’t jump in the water without getting wet.
Old 03-23-2021, 11:09 AM   #3328
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
So I’ve seen two rumours about the GL stuff. Snyder confirmed he shot a scene with at least one Green Lantern for the ending, but was told no by the studio. It seems it was most likely John Stewart. But WB is using that character for their HBO TV series and thus didn’t want the confusion.

This show apparently starts filming right away.

The other rumour said he wanted Kilowog and Ryan Reynolds from the original movie to show up. I find this one a lot less likely.

I also have to laugh at people who watch a Snyder movie and complain about the slow motion. Do you order a rare steak then complain the meat has colour? Lol

If you don’t like slow mo, don’t watch his movies. I don’t understand what they expect.

You can’t jump in the water without getting wet.
That's a terrible analogy.

People are allowed to complain about the ridiculous traits some directors have, especially when they arent directing original content and are instead directing major franchises.

See: JJ Abrams and his lens flares. You expect people who think his need to put lens flares in everything is ridiculous/annoying not to watch Star Wars or Star Trek because of that alone, or shut up and not mention it? Dumb.

Last edited by PepsiFree; 03-23-2021 at 11:30 AM.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2021, 12:34 PM   #3329
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't get the timing of this announcement. Why would a studio so quickly shut down a sequel when it's getting great reviews and lots of engagement and views. They green lit a WW84 sequel right away and ZS JL is doing better than that. WB just took away all the momentum and good will from the weekend.
Old 03-23-2021, 12:36 PM   #3330
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's not getting great reviews, so that's the first problem.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 12:56 PM   #3331
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Nip it in the bud?
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 12:59 PM   #3332
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
It's not getting great reviews, so that's the first problem.
I really enjoyed it but you're right. The 73 on Rotten Tomatoes is high and their rating system skews high. It's sitting at 45 on Metacritic.

I think everyone agrees that it's a better movie than the original released but not good enough to hand over the keys to the DCU again.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2021, 12:59 PM   #3333
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Looks like Black Widow is pushed to July 9th and will release in theatres and on Disney+ Premiere access on the same day.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-black-widow-disney-plus/

I much prefer this format than the theatre for little kids, this is their first “adult” movie I’ll have to make a decision on...
Old 03-23-2021, 01:10 PM   #3334
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

In terms of Green Lantern, Snyder said he shot a scene with John Stewart but WB refused to allow him to include it (of course they did) He said had Stewart been allowed in he really wanted to also add in Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern.

Also Kilowog can be seen in the nightmare sequence with Superman over the JL ruins.
Old 03-23-2021, 02:48 PM   #3335
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
I don't get the timing of this announcement. Why would a studio so quickly shut down a sequel when it's getting great reviews and lots of engagement and views. They green lit a WW84 sequel right away and ZS JL is doing better than that. WB just took away all the momentum and good will from the weekend.
From my understanding there was never going to be a follow up especially from Snyder. This was made with that in mind.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 04:44 PM   #3336
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
I wouldn't be 100% sure that anything is set in stone right now. We were also told, at one point, there was no Snyder Cut and we would never see it. Currently, the studio has another plan in place, that revolves around Flashpoint. We'll see how successful that is though.

The thing about Flashpoint is that things never go quite back to normal after Flash messes around with time, even when he goes back to undo things he's done. They explored this in the DC Animated Universe, with the need for multiple flashpoints to fix even worse realities that the Flash inadvertently creates.

The no Snyder sequel mantra from the studio could even be purposeful misdirection. We already have Ben Affleck confirmed to reprise his role as Batman in the Flash movie, despite previously stating he was done. The rumor is that he will be replaced by Michael Keaton. As cool as it will be to see Keaton back as Batman, having a geriatric Batman that only has an advisory role is pretty lame. Good for a movie, but awful for the franchise. Even now, news is that Keaton is still deciding on whether he wants to return:

https://screenrant.com/batman-flash-...turn-response/

Also don't see WB entirely abandoning the plot of a preventing a Darkseid induced apocalypse. It's a pretty major plot point to many storylines in the DC comics. You have multiple storylines where both Darkseid and Braniac have done it, and heroes have to re-write time/reality to prevent it.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 07:01 PM   #3337
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I don't think he's that great of a filmaker, I think he's a formula guy. I mean Bay has his explosions Snyder has his slow motion, Abrams has his light effects.
Maggie Mae Fish does a really great, thoughtful critique of Zack Snyder's filmography.

There are two more parts on her channel.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 12:06 AM   #3338
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Finally finished the Snyder Cut.

Cavill Superman continues to be meh but I thought Cyborg was fantastic... still, dunno if I'd watch it again.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 10:37 AM   #3339
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah, for me there's no reason to watch it again, I've seen it, I checked it off of my list, but it doesn't have replay value.

I'd like to see the Super Man evil story line, it could be interesting.

God though that Joke stuff was cringeworthy, I know Joker is going to be in suicide squad 2 from what I've read. But between suicide one and this "preview" Its a joker character that I just don't care about or want to see again.

What makes Joker cool, what Heath did and what Jack did was make the Joker cool inspite of itself. With Heath's you were just fricken dying to know what his background was, but you never got it . . . of did you?

This joker is just a joker to be a joker, its two dimensional and flat and says weird things to just be purposefully weird.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 01:45 PM   #3340
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Have to admit didn't see this casting coming.... Hellen Mirren in Shazam 2

https://twitter.com/user/status/1374515716506873856