Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2020, 12:12 PM   #2381
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Official now coming next year!

https://twitter.com/user/status/1263169877847625728
Nadal Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 12:16 PM   #2382
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
This is just re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic in the vain belief that this will somehow prevent the ship from sinking.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 12:17 PM   #2383
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

"Instead of being a crappy movie, this one is a crappy movie with a different story!"
Old 05-20-2020, 12:29 PM   #2384
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Will be a 4 hr cut of the movie OR 6 chapters and be made into a mini series. WB is spending between $20-$30 million to finish the VFX and the cast is set to return to reshoot some scenes and add dialogue. Oh and Darkseid will be making an appearance. ####ing eh we won they actually released the Snyder Cut
Old 05-20-2020, 12:31 PM   #2385
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
This is just re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic in the vain belief that this will somehow prevent the ship from sinking.
More like selling the deck chairs on the titanic. HBO max will get 1 million subs for the 2 months the series is aired.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 12:36 PM   #2386
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lol...

https://twitter.com/user/status/1263175687550038016
Old 05-20-2020, 12:37 PM   #2387
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope its good just so there can be another example of how films almost always suck after the studio starts micromanaging.
Old 05-20-2020, 12:48 PM   #2388
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
I hope its good just so there can be another example of how films almost always suck after the studio starts micromanaging.
Heres the thing...

This movie sucked. They've had years to stew on its suckitude. It should be an easy proposition to basically go back and dial down the suck with years of hindsight and presumably a giant budget.

Unfortunately, given that its apparently now an entire week long they have failed to realize that one of the veritable cornucopia of flaws in this film is not that it wasnt long enough, needed more characters and didnt have enough things going on.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 05-20-2020, 12:58 PM   #2389
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

My understanding was the Syner vision was to have four movies, but the studio changed it up after the reception of Batman v. Superman. So is Darkseid going to be a cliffhanger type deal? There was a lot of foreshadowing in BvS that wasn't paid off in Justice League and I'd love to see Superman in his black regenerative costume, but I'm not expecting a good movie to somehow come out of this.
pseudoreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 12:59 PM   #2390
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
Will be a 4 hr cut of the movie OR 6 chapters and be made into a mini series. WB is spending between $20-$30 million to finish the VFX and the cast is set to return to reshoot some scenes and add dialogue. Oh and Darkseid will be making an appearance. ####ing eh we won they actually released the Snyder Cut
I like that you're excited and I respect and admire your degree of enthusiasm. I too wish that it was a good movie.

But this...this is like watching a Mortal Enemy in quicksand and they've begun struggling...now I just want to watch them die.

I just find it somewhat preposterous to think that, as fans seem to believe, was a good movie ruined by conflicting visions. I think this is ridiculous because most of the underlying premise of this movie was inherently flawed and that they didnt do the hard work of building their world.

They went from a Superman origin story straight to Doomsday and now Darkseid?

This is the premature ejaculation of films and the buzz and hype are akin to the bumbling protests of embarrassment and now they've taken years to decide to go back to their hapless victim and proclaim:

"Thats not what I meant to happen....this! This is what I meant to happen!"

And frankly, it seems more than a little desperate.

Old 05-20-2020, 01:02 PM   #2391
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I'll go into it with an open mind. I didn't hate Justice League as much as others.

I hope some of the reshoots remove the moustache lip. It was distractingly bad.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 01:03 PM   #2392
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
I'll go into it with an open mind. I didn't hate Justice League as much as others.

I hope some of the reshoots remove the moustache lip. It was distractingly bad.
NEVER!!!

That moustache lip has come to embody and symbolize the film! Removing it is revisionist history, censorship and fascism!

#rememberthestache

Old 05-20-2020, 01:09 PM   #2393
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Heres the thing...

This movie sucked. They've had years to stew on its suckitude. It should be an easy proposition to basically go back and dial down the suck with years of hindsight and presumably a giant budget.

Unfortunately, given that its apparently now an entire week long they have failed to realize that one of the veritable cornucopia of flaws in this film is not that it wasnt long enough, needed more characters and didnt have enough things going on.
Yeah to be honest I hated BvS for how poorly it handled the themes and I watched about 10 minutes of JL before I said no thanks so I don't really have a leg to stand on to complain about it, but I know enough that it blows. You could have everything be awesome and SuperStache would still make it suck. But this also means I'll be able to watch a Snyder cut without the taint of having seen the 1st obviously trash movie.

Snyder always sounded like he had an interesting (albeit very gloomy) take on this universe and seemed hindered by the studio constantly trying to narrow him into something "marketable" or whatever, including parts of BvS. Forgetting that GOOD movies are marketable. He's an R-Rated filmmaker, its where he's best. I'm interested to see what happens. But yeah I don't like that it's now a miniseries or whatever. Honestly if they waited and did a theatrical re-release and it killed at the BO, there's no reason why it couldn't give life back to that series and give Snyder a chance to fully realize his series vision.
Old 05-20-2020, 01:16 PM   #2394
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah to be honest I hated BvS for how poorly it handled the themes and I watched about 10 minutes of JL before I said no thanks so I don't really have a leg to stand on to complain about it, but I know enough that it blows. You could have everything be awesome and SuperStache would still make it suck. But this also means I'll be able to watch a Snyder cut without the taint of having seen the 1st obviously trash movie.

Snyder always sounded like he had an interesting (albeit very gloomy) take on this universe and seemed hindered by the studio constantly trying to narrow him into something "marketable" or whatever, including parts of BvS. Forgetting that GOOD movies are marketable. He's an R-Rated filmmaker, its where he's best. I'm interested to see what happens. But yeah I don't like that it's now a miniseries or whatever. Honestly if they waited and did a theatrical re-release and it killed at the BO, there's no reason why it couldn't give life back to that series and give Snyder a chance to fully realize his series vision.
Its supposed to be gloomy!

The source material! Batman is old and jaded and uses guns. Superman is tired of fighting for truth, justice and apple pie or whatever while getting constantly criticized by the American public and media.

All while evil aliens/gods are trying to take over the Earth and destroy humanity who are completely oblivious and yet entitled and resentful. We're portrayed well.

Its supposed to be dark, thankless and soul-destroying and bit a of commentary on society. Not to be confused with the duality of man, this isnt Junior High Debate.

Yeah. That doesnt typically make for a great feel-good 'take your family to the movies' kind of experience.

But you either want to make that or you dont. But you should probably know which.

Old 05-20-2020, 01:25 PM   #2395
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope that they take the extra time to make the CGI villains less cringy. More foreboding instead of actiony all the time they are on screen.

Fewer Batman murdering moments, and more collateral damage in the final battle in Russia. You know that Snyder loves his collateral damage, and really highlight single moments of heroes murdering people. That would all be an improvement.
Old 05-20-2020, 01:36 PM   #2396
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Its supposed to be gloomy!

The source material! Batman is old and jaded and uses guns. Superman is tired of fighting for truth, justice and apple pie or whatever while getting constantly criticized by the American public and media.

All while evil aliens/gods are trying to take over the Earth and destroy humanity who are completely oblivious and yet entitled and resentful. We're portrayed well.

Its supposed to be dark, thankless and soul-destroying and bit a of commentary on society. Not to be confused with the duality of man, this isnt Junior High Debate.

Yeah. That doesnt typically make for a great feel-good 'take your family to the movies' kind of experience.

But you either want to make that or you dont. But you should probably know which.
I 100% agree. My point is that when Snyder talks he seemed to want exactly that, and its WB that wanted it more Avengers-ish in tone. And I think that included shoehorning JL in to the series too early which resulted in BvS not being a story about Batman vs Superman but a 2 hr trailer for Justice League.

So because of this, I'm interested to see what Snyder does and fortunately will be able to watch it without much of a bad taste. But BvS really does leave a bad taste regardless. Such a waste of great material.
Old 05-20-2020, 01:44 PM   #2397
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I 100% agree. My point is that when Snyder talks he seemed to want exactly that, and its WB that wanted it more Avengers-ish in tone. And I think that included shoehorning JL in to the series too early which resulted in BvS not being a story about Batman vs Superman but a 2 hr trailer for Justice League.

So because of this, I'm interested to see what Snyder does and fortunately will be able to watch it without much of a bad taste. But BvS really does leave a bad taste regardless. Such a waste of great material.
I do wonder at times where this irreverent faith in Zack Snyder originated from.

People seem to love him despite the fact that in his 30 year Directorial career hes only made two movies that were kind of good. Maybe 3 if you thought 'Man of Steel' was something special.

Old 05-20-2020, 01:56 PM   #2398
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I do wonder at times where this irreverent faith in Zack Snyder originated from.

People seem to love him despite the fact that in his 30 year Directorial career hes only made two movies that were kind of good. Maybe 3 if you thought 'Man of Steel' was something special.
I enjoy his style. I didn't think Man of Steel was good or bad, but I just really don't care about Superman at all, so the problems people seem to have with it as far as being against character and stuff, doesn't really bother me.

I like Watchmen and think he did about as good as you can adapting that into a movie. And personally I think the idea of blaming Dr. Manhattan for the attacks was a way better story angle than the squid in the comic. I always thought that the alien thing came waaay out of left field in the book.

300 is awesome. Its exactly what it should be.

Anyways the "faith" comes from listening to him in interviews and hearing what he really wanted the whole DC Universe to be really does seem to mesh with what most of us fans of the material wanted too, and it was WB overreacting to Avengers success and trying to rush their overarching story that resulted in (most of) the things we hate about those movies.

Also he went through something truly tragic, so I guess I just root for this to be a good thing for him.
Old 05-20-2020, 02:02 PM   #2399
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Snyder films are a certain taste for people. You either love them or hate them. I imagine if you didn't like BvS you probably won't like his JL either but if you liked it then you will probably like this as well. The problem IMO was that Snyder laid out a 5 film arc similar to LOTR where it was going to have a beginning middle and end. WB had always thought he was building towards a MCU style universe where it would continue theoretically forever. This forced them to change the plans of JL after it was already done shooting. I think in the theatrical cut of JL they used about one hr of his footage so if you watch the ZS Justice League film it will be completely different from that. It will have different tone, different characters, different villains, different fight scenes. Look at some of the cool stuff that will be included. If nothing else we get a completely new JL film as a bonus for 2021

Spoiler!
Old 05-20-2020, 02:23 PM   #2400
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
I'd wager those get cut and recast and shot. Nobody's happy with her and they will sever all ties.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote