Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-27-2021, 10:52 PM   #441
Cain
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm surprised people are so worked up about it. I don't have a problem with him going after Muzzin for it either, I think thats expected.

All in all, it was a irritating/pest like play. Something Tkachuk does all the time. I would have loved it if he were the one doing it. No problem with people giving it back to him.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cain For This Useful Post:
bax
Old 01-27-2021, 11:48 PM   #442
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

People are worked up not because Tkachuk went after Muzzin, they are mocking him for the tantrum on the bench after
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2021, 01:50 AM   #443
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Remember when Rittich tossed his stick to celebrate a big win and the sportsnet dumbasses from outside the city were all over him?

My issue is with the double standard...Tkachuk flips that puck and we aren't talking about Muzzin or the Leafs reaction being the problem. Kassian attacks a guy and gets suspended and Tkachuk is the bad guy for throwing legal hits.

Last edited by dino7c; 01-28-2021 at 01:54 AM.
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 01:58 AM   #444
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Remember when Rittich tossed his stick to celebrate a big win and the sportsnet dumbasses from outside the city were all over him?

My issue is with the double standard...Tkachuk flips that puck and we aren't talking about Muzzin or the Leafs reaction being the problem. Kassian attacks a guy and gets suspended and Tkachuk is the bad guy for throwing legal hits

Other teams have sad fan bases in desperate need of distraction from their own teams’ years of futility with no end in sight.

Sorry Leafs. Tkachuk being a baby isn’t giving you a cup. Nothing makes Edmonton good.

Oilers? Kassian’s reaction to a clean hit directly cost the team the game. Can’t even bother to dignify
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 02:41 AM   #445
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

A pest that is loved by all is no pest lol.

You want an effective pest, you need to take the bad with it as well - including him being under a microscope because people hate him because he is so effective.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 07:52 AM   #446
442scotty
First Line Centre

Exp:

The thing about some of the over the top antics by players is that it fuels the other team for the next game and beyond. Rittich flips his stick which was awesome to see but playing the Oilers the next few games seemed a lot harder because they used that as motivation against the flames. The same happened when Chucky repeatedly went after Doughty in LA. The most recent example is when he “accidentally” fell on the goalie. The Leafs used that as motivation for the next game.

Chucky was pissed at Muzzin but maybe his tantrum on the bench had a lot to do with the team effort during the game as well. Chucky needs to stop some of the over the top stuff and a lot of the players need to look in the mirror because they were embarrassed in the last game.

The next Toronto game it should be the Flames who embarrass the Leafs after Muzzins over the top puck flip.

Flames need more players that really hate to lose though. Just my take on this
442scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 07:55 AM   #447
Flamenspiel
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I’ll blame it on the 5 day rest, historically the Flames have not done well against a sharp team coming out of a 5 day rest.
Flamenspiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 08:03 AM   #448
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Usually when the Flames have a long break they aren't practicing, instead going on little vacations etc.

They were practicing the whole time they were off. The break isn't an excuse. They should have been better. The Stars didn't play for like 10 days, they look pretty good.

We need to be honest with ourselves about this team.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2021, 08:10 AM   #449
442scotty
First Line Centre

Exp:

After a five day break the team should have come flying out of the gate excited to kick ass. The mix is wrong on the Flames and the coach doesn’t/can’t motivate them. They are what they are . Not enough passion/pride on this team.
442scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 08:21 AM   #450
BigFlameDog
First Line Centre

Exp:

One thing I was unfortunately reminded of in all this was how frkn annoying Leafs fans are and how many of them are people I know disguised as Flames fans. When it is one and done I don't notice so much.

Last edited by BigFlameDog; 01-28-2021 at 08:23 AM.
BigFlameDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 09:02 AM   #451
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Really surprised how many people are after Tkachuk for this.

He's a passionate player, and he was pissed off ... at Muzzin, at losing at his teammates ... whatever.

Good!

Through five games he's consistently been this team's best player. If the squad needs a kick in the ass and a tantrum by him gets a conversation going the team is better for it.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2021, 01:11 PM   #452
DiracSpike
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
People are worked up not because Tkachuk went after Muzzin, they are mocking him for the tantrum on the bench after
I dunno man, now that people mention it it does make a lot of sense that Tkachuk was mostly mad about the rest of the Flames not really doing anything. Don't we all constantly complain that this team is bland with no heart? We can't expect this team to play with some jam and heart and then mock our one player who actually has those things for showing it on the bench after the game. There's a limit on what I'd think is appropriate but slamming the gate and tossing the water bottles doesn't seem over the top. Hopefully the squishes on our team got uncomfortable with that, because they should be.
DiracSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 01:16 PM   #453
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just read an article talking about Muzzin's perfect veteran move at the end of the game lol
Old 01-28-2021, 01:21 PM   #454
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
Usually when the Flames have a long break they aren't practicing, instead going on little vacations etc.

They were practicing the whole time they were off. The break isn't an excuse. They should have been better. The Stars didn't play for like 10 days, they look pretty good.

We need to be honest with ourselves about this team.
The practice time sure helped Dallas.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote