Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2023, 02:26 PM   #6441
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

I stopped buying NHL because of how stale it got. Their Ultimate team mode feels like a predatory cash grab.

MLB The Show on the other hand - can't wait for the early access this weekend. I'm a HUGE fan of their ultimate team mode - you earn cards by playing it and have a stacked team without ever spending a dollar.

The biggest example I found is when a guy in the MLB hits a major career milestone, they release a program where you can play the game, complete certain objectives, and you get that card. In NHLHUT, they give you the opportunity to get a chance at the card by buying packs.
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 11:30 PM   #6442
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really enjoying MLB The Show 23 so far.
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KelVarnsen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2023, 07:50 AM   #6443
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

In preparation for Diablo IV, I started playing Grim Dawn recently. Gotta say, it's super zen playing a point and click ARPG again. It also plays pretty dang well on my steam deck.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 09:18 AM   #6444
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

I haven't bought Madden since 21 so I guess I'm due, but I definitely hear ya that I hate shelling out money to that annual cash grab. I wish they'd just release it every 3-4 years or so, they could even charge people $20 for just an annual roster/uniform/possible stadium update if they need to line their pockets so bad. But of course they won't do that, because capitalism. EA is gross.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 10:28 AM   #6445
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
I haven't bought Madden since 21 so I guess I'm due, but I definitely hear ya that I hate shelling out money to that annual cash grab. I wish they'd just release it every 3-4 years or so, they could even charge people $20 for just an annual roster/uniform/possible stadium update if they need to line their pockets so bad. But of course they won't do that, because capitalism. EA is gross.
EA Access is $30 CDN a year. You have to wait until the playoffs for the newest version but that doesn't bother me.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inferno For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2023, 11:32 AM   #6446
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
I only got one game in at midnight ET after that disappointing game last night. I was very tired and did not enjoy it. I am trying to finish up some stuff at work so I can shut down and play it....gotta show discipline....it's right downstairs....ugh, I have errands to run after, kids have things tonight and it's my wife's birthday tomorrow. Maybe Sunday
Old 03-24-2023, 02:03 PM   #6447
soreshins
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just completed TLOU2. Wow, that was really something. Grim storyline but what a game. Really enjoyed it. Will probably go back and play the original again on PS5 now.
soreshins is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to soreshins For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2023, 02:18 PM   #6448
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Street Fighter 6 looking really good

Looking at the rest of the character art I'm happy that they toned down the sluttiness of the female roster, trying to play 5 with kids around was awkward when R. Mika or Laura showed up
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2023, 03:50 PM   #6449
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

OK, this is a pet peeve: I'd kind of like to play Octopath Traveler 2 at some point. I've heard it's pretty good. But I would want to play the first one first, even though I've heard it's flawed. Yet the retail price for the thing is $83.99. That's insane. It's currently 50% off on Steam and it isn't even justified at that discounted price. What is Square Enix smoking? Nier Automata's regular price is 53.99, Dragon Quest XI is 54.99, Tactics Ogre is 66.99 and that was released mere months ago. Why is OT1 so goddamn expensive?!
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 05:24 PM   #6450
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

The answer is don't play Octopath 1. It's not great and you're not missing anything jumping to the second game.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mazrim For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2023, 07:38 PM   #6451
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Diablo IV beta is pretty fun, the style feels quite different feels more like Diablo II.

While I like the cosmetic thing where you can change your look independent of your actual gear stats, and you gain new looks when you salvage an item. It even lets you know if you already have that particular gear's look, that was a small but very nice QoL thing.

Feels like there might be a lot of replayability as the play styles of the various choices in the skill tree seem pretty different, though I'll have to try a few to actually see.
Old 03-25-2023, 12:53 PM   #6452
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

I finally was able to find a XSX at BestBuy today! Also bought a nice sweet smart 4K monitor from Memory Express which will double as both a workstation monitor in my home office and a viewing display for the console in my bedroom.

As a side note, I was one of those dummies that bought Cyberpunk as a day 1 release for my OG day XB1 a few years ago. Strangely enough, this is the game I am looking forward to playing the most, first. Literally played it for 5 mins on opening day and haven't touched it since. Heard it was waaaaay better on the XSX.

Looking forward to firing these bad boys up!
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 01:38 PM   #6453
Engine09
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Mints View Post
FYI, this'll be happening On Saturday at Eau Claire from 11-5.
Thanks for posting, went and snagged a couple SNES carts that have been on my list.
Engine09 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Engine09 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2023, 04:53 PM   #6454
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
If anything makes me buy a console again, it'll be to play MLB. Was always the best sports game
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 03:20 AM   #6455
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Mints View Post
FYI, this'll be happening On Saturday at Eau Claire from 11-5.

I'll be there with a table. Keep an eye out for the guy who's grumpy by noon if all his old Nintendo stuff hasn't sold by then. And if you arrive before that time, keep an eye out for the guy who's irritated cause he never got his #### together and dug this stuff out of storage eight years ago and sold it online or made a Buy/Sell/Trade post or something so he didn't't have to be there at all.

So come on down, it will be fun, fun, FUN!
Damn it! I missed this!

I'm looking for Gameboy and Game Gear stuff!
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 04:20 PM   #6456
NinePack
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Had an invite for csgo2, its smooth and looks great, smokes are awesome and flashes too, still pretty much same game with face lift.
NinePack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 07:44 PM   #6457
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Damn it! I missed this!

I'm looking for Gameboy and Game Gear stuff!
Anything in particular that you’re looking for? I’ve had some collecting dust with my collections that I might be willing to part with
iggy_oi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 09:44 PM   #6458
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
Back on the Civ train when I am at home as well.

Civ has gotten so much shelf life from all the updates and content.
The DLCs we're just 80% off and I got rise and fall, and have added another 20 good to my game play in the last couple weeks or so. So addictive once you pick it up again
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 09:51 AM   #6459
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm having a ton of fun with the RE4 remake so far. Granted, I'm not very far (starting chapter 5 now), but from what I've seen I have little to no complaints. Putting a modern spin on it while staying true to the original ... that's how you do it. Which also makes me sad that they didn't remake games like Zero or Code Veronica.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 01:28 PM   #6460
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is there going to be a release of TLOU 2 for PS5? Or is the Ps4 version just get upgraded on your PS5 once installed?
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote