Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-21-2022, 09:46 PM   #441
redforever
Franchise Player
 
redforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
The person in this house we least wanted to see get COVID came up positive today, tested with a RA test at noon. She's the most high risk with her multiple chronic health conditions,so I'm quite worried but so far, she's hanging in there. She started feeling lousy over the weekend, but the tests came back negative. I was testing her every couple of days. It turned positive so quickly today, it was within seconds. I woke up feeling rough this morning, and I tested on Monday but it was negative then. I'll test again in a bit here. So far, everyone else seems fine but will test the other 2 tonight.

To date, her oxygen levels are staying optimal, which is good. It's been major sweating (soaking sweats), very sore throat, head congestion & pressure, chills, bad headache, bad earaches, increased POTS symptoms, full-on terrible body aches/pains, dry cough, nausea, decreased appetite, smell is decreased but I think that's due to the congestion/sinus stuff (she said she could smell the neighborhood skunk last night, so...), no loss of taste, mild cough (dry), low grade fever, increased issues with hypoglycemia, very very tired. Seems to be textbook symptoms for BA5.

Low appetite, increased sweating, nausea, and hypoglycemia are the symptoms we have to keep close tabs on. These will cause more issues for her with her metabolic disorder (MCADD), because it's a time of high catabolic stress, so I've been pushing fluids, salty foods & even some increased sugar, to counteract. We're having to do it in small bits here and there, she struggles more with nausea if she tries to eat bigger meals, so I'm having her "graze" frequently, rather than large meals spaced out.

Fingers crossed, this is the worst of it for her. Really don't relish any trips to emerg/the hospital, the way things have been going.
Did you get a prescription for that 5 day medication that is supposed to help ease the symptoms?
redforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 11:45 AM   #442
Minnie
Franchise Player
 
Minnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: On your last nerve...:D
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redforever View Post
Did you get a prescription for that 5 day medication that is supposed to help ease the symptoms?
No, our GP isn't around, gone on holidays.

I got a firm positive this morning, so that's fun. I only started feeling yuck yesterday morning, so it's not as bad for me just yet, though I'm probably not at peak yuck yet. I am, however, finding my oxygen goes down as low as 85% when I try to do anything that requires effort, so I'm not moving a lot. I only need to get worried about that if I'm sustaining lows under 90%. Even when I get a minor cold, my oxygen levels do the up/down rollercoaster, so when I discussed this with my pulmonologist at my final visit, she told me to come in if the lows are sustained. So now I just watch.


My biggest issues are sore throat and bone pain which reminds me of the single bout of strep I had. The bone pain is probably the worst.I don't have any tonsils, so maybe not as much there to be as sore, like my daughter is experiencing. But, I guess we'll find out over the next few days.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 02:39 PM   #443
calumniate
Franchise Player
 
calumniate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: A small painted room
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
No, our GP isn't around, gone on holidays.

I got a firm positive this morning, so that's fun. I only started feeling yuck yesterday morning, so it's not as bad for me just yet, though I'm probably not at peak yuck yet. I am, however, finding my oxygen goes down as low as 85% when I try to do anything that requires effort, so I'm not moving a lot. I only need to get worried about that if I'm sustaining lows under 90%. Even when I get a minor cold, my oxygen levels do the up/down rollercoaster, so when I discussed this with my pulmonologist at my final visit, she told me to come in if the lows are sustained. So now I just watch.


My biggest issues are sore throat and bone pain which reminds me of the single bout of strep I had. The bone pain is probably the worst.I don't have any tonsils, so maybe not as much there to be as sore, like my daughter is experiencing. But, I guess we'll find out over the next few days.
Dang isn't 85% low-ish? I'm no doctor but that doesn't sound fun. Stay safe & get better Minnie!
__________________
You hardly know a day goes by in the cardboard cut-out sundown
calumniate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 11:07 PM   #444
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Exp:
Default

Just tested positive with two different brands of rapid tests. Symptoms started Monday morning, and I tested twice a day since then, but only came up positive now.

So far symptoms are very mild. No fever or flu like symptoms, just sore throat and very mild fatigue.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 12:46 PM   #445
burn_this_city
Franchise Player
 
burn_this_city's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Went through round two last week, had it in April the first time. Super minor sore throat, and very occasional runny nose, that was it. Took about 8 days to clear completely.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 05:30 PM   #446
Minnie
Franchise Player
 
Minnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: On your last nerve...:D
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumniate View Post
Dang isn't 85% low-ish? I'm no doctor but that doesn't sound fun. Stay safe & get better Minnie!
It's low but it wasn't a sustained low. It also only lasted a couple of days. As long as I took it easy, my O2 stayed above 90, usually around 95. I didn't much feel like moving anyway.

I have a minor amount of fibrosis from a bout with Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis in 2018, so my lungs get pissy when I have even a minor cold. Pulmonologist and I have a protocol in place, I know when to go into emerg to be seen. 85 seems high compared to the 72% 02 reading I got in 2018 when I got sick, lol. Let me tell you, hypoxia is a weird ass feeling, lol. Worst headache I've ever had, hands down.

Husband and son got it within a couple days of the girl and I. Miserable, but we all seem to have recovered well.

How you feeling now, burnthiscity? Any lingering aftereffects for you?
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2022, 11:28 AM   #447
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Nanaimo
Exp:
Default

On day 4 myself and the wife is on day 7.

She didnít test positive till Wednesday which is weird I tested positive as soon as the nasel mixture hit the test.

She almost had to take me to the hospital because she couldn't get my temp down . Luckily she's a trained nurse and she was over her worst . Her worst wasn't near the same. She sprang into action and ice bagged my ass for most the day and forced feed my liquids. If I had been left alone I don't think I would have had the wherewithal to do #### about it.

My symptoms came on hard ,hers was slower by far and not as severe overall. We always thought she'd get it worst because she has continuously had issues with pneumonia.

She got a sore throat, stuffed up fatigue and minor aches

I got extreme fever,dehydration, extreme pain everywhere( I have rymatoid arthritis, some other auto immune inflammation issues and osteoarthritis( surgeries)

I never and still don't have a sore throat.

For the first 72 hours I felt like I was dying. When I was a kid I was hospitalized for over a month after catching the flu. So concern was there.

I have aspergers so that's why I have various Inflammation issues and my immune system goes into overdrive.

It's like the virus knew my weaknesses and attacked them all at once strategically.

Would not recommend... unsubcribe.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 11:57 AM   #448
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player
 
Jiri Hrdina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Exp:
Default

After not getting it until now, I tested positive this morning.
Had a mild fever Wed night, and other symptons, but didn't test positive until this morning.
So far I've got a minor sore throat, some stuffiness and now the cough is starting.
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 12:56 PM   #449
GreatWhiteEbola
First Line Centre
 
GreatWhiteEbola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Exp:
Default

I had COVID at the beginning of August. I have a spinal cord injury and while the cold/flu-like symptoms were awful the neurological pain was off the charts bad. Like I have never experienced pain like that before, and I have had nerve pain before. To the point where I was beginning to think bad thoughts.
__________________

GreatWhiteEbola is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreatWhiteEbola For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2022, 03:37 PM   #450
b1crunch
Crash and Bang Winger
 
b1crunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteEbola View Post
I had COVID at the beginning of August. I have a spinal cord injury and while the cold/flu-like symptoms were awful the neurological pain was off the charts bad. Like I have never experienced pain like that before, and I have had nerve pain before. To the point where I was beginning to think bad thoughts.
I have chronic pain in my legs from my previous medical history. I'm also high risk, as I've had a kidney transplant and am immunosuppressed. I had Covid early August and found it to be relatively mild cold-like symptoms, expect for the body aches, pain and headaches.

The pain in my legs, arms, chest, etc. was intense and easily the worst pains i've ever felt in my life. Felt like the pain was shooting along nerve pathways. the headaches were equally terrible, and I'm about 3 weeks out from my initial positive testing, but I'm still getting them. They don't feel like any other headache I've ever had. They are excruciating, and radiate all over my head/face. Feels like I have something behind my eye that pushing out. It's terrible.

Anyways, I found the cold symptoms to be easy to handle (sore throat, etc.), but it was the body/head pain that was/is still brutal. Almost felt like it took my chronic pains and ramped it up.

Last edited by b1crunch; 08-26-2022 at 03:40 PM.
b1crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to b1crunch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2022, 03:55 PM   #451
Knut
 
Knut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Exp:
Default

This is the problem with the messaging around "Mild illness". Basically if you do not go to the hospital it is classified as Mild.

Mild Illness is still pretty bad for a lot of people.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Knut For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2022, 09:59 AM   #452
Sliver
evil of fart
 
Sliver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
On day 4 myself and the wife is on day 7.

She didnít test positive till Wednesday which is weird I tested positive as soon as the nasel mixture hit the test.

She almost had to take me to the hospital because she couldn't get my temp down . Luckily she's a trained nurse and she was over her worst . Her worst wasn't near the same. She sprang into action and ice bagged my ass for most the day and forced feed my liquids. If I had been left alone I don't think I would have had the wherewithal to do #### about it.

My symptoms came on hard ,hers was slower by far and not as severe overall. We always thought she'd get it worst because she has continuously had issues with pneumonia.

She got a sore throat, stuffed up fatigue and minor aches

I got extreme fever,dehydration, extreme pain everywhere( I have rymatoid arthritis, some other auto immune inflammation issues and osteoarthritis( surgeries)

I never and still don't have a sore throat.

For the first 72 hours I felt like I was dying. When I was a kid I was hospitalized for over a month after catching the flu. So concern was there.

I have aspergers so that's why I have various Inflammation issues and my immune system goes into overdrive.

It's like the virus knew my weaknesses and attacked them all at once strategically.

Would not recommend... unsubcribe.
Fata, that sounds rough. How are you doing now?
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 05:06 PM   #453
Johnny199r
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Uzbekistan
Exp:
Default

My spouse and I tested positive for the first time a few days ago after spending a few weeks in Europe. She’s 90% better now. I tested positive a few days after her and it didn’t hit me for a few days later, so I’m still feeling it.

Sore throat, filling up a small bathroom sized garbage bag of tissue every day from blowing my nose and intermittent headaches are my issues now. Not even close to as bad as strep throat I had a few years ago. That was miserable every time I tried to swallow silava. I hope to start feeling better tomorrow.

The nose blowing is relentless. I’m trying to sleep, but every time I blow my nose, as soon as I discard the tissue, I have more snot in my nose. It’s never ending.

Last edited by Johnny199r; 09-05-2022 at 08:18 PM.
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 10:10 PM   #454
JohnnyB
Franchise Player
 
JohnnyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Shanghai
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteEbola View Post
I had COVID at the beginning of August. I have a spinal cord injury and while the cold/flu-like symptoms were awful the neurological pain was off the charts bad. Like I have never experienced pain like that before, and I have had nerve pain before. To the point where I was beginning to think bad thoughts.
Oh man, the neurological issues from covid and from the Pfizer vaccine were the worst for me too. I was previously most worried about covid because of having some asthma, but the neurological issues were much worse and really messed me up for many months.
__________________

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 08:59 AM   #455
Royle9
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Exp:
Default

After managing to keep it at bay when COVID was new/at its worst (2+ years) my entire family is just getting over it as of this week.

For myself it started as a bit of a runny nose, soon turned into fever, full body aches, extreme congestion and a horrible cough. Lasted roughly 5-6 days before I started to feel "better" including getting my ability to take a real breath. Complete loss of taste/smell and even when the congestion broke I had a week of not being able to smell much, and things like coffee/tea/certain foods just tasted awful.

Both of my young boys had extreme fevers and overall yuk feeling for about 2 days, my wife had 2 weeks of the symptoms above but with no cough.

Wouldn't wish it on anyone, felt like the worst Cold/flu you'd ever had and then amplified a bit more with the lower oxygen levels.
Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 04:07 PM   #456
Johnny199r
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Uzbekistan
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny199r View Post
My spouse and I tested positive for the first time a few days ago after spending a few weeks in Europe. Sheís 90% better now. I tested positive a few days after her and it didnít hit me for a few days later, so Iím still feeling it.

Sore throat, filling up a small bathroom sized garbage bag of tissue every day from blowing my nose and intermittent headaches are my issues now. Not even close to as bad as strep throat I had a few years ago. That was miserable every time I tried to swallow silava. I hope to start feeling better tomorrow.

The nose blowing is relentless. Iím trying to sleep, but every time I blow my nose, as soon as I discard the tissue, I have more snot in my nose. Itís never ending.
Still waiting to wake up feeling improved. Hasnít happened yet.
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 06:38 PM   #457
bigtmac19
Franchise Player
 
bigtmac19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Exp:
Default

My DIL is on Day 12. Still testing positive. Went to the clinic today and was diagnosed with bronchitis too. Doctor did two rapid tests in the office one in her throat and one in her nose. Both turned positive immediately. He said she’s still highly contagious. Has been put on an inhaler and meds for the bronchitis now.
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 09:30 PM   #458
Ironhorse
Franchise Player
 
Ironhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Yay, I get to join this club. Started out yesterday afternoon with a bit of a cough, worked from home today. Cough worsened today, it seems to be staying in my upper throat. Did a self test at around noon, came back positive in 4 minutes Very lethargic and tired, cough has died down a fair bit but still very sore throat. Nose started getting runnier this afternoon\evening.
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 12:12 PM   #459
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player
 
MoneyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Exp:
Default

We leave Oct. 6 on a three-month trip. We’ll be unable to go if either of us gets COVID so we’ll be wearing N95 or similar masks in public starting next week. I admit to being a little nervous.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 04:12 PM   #460
Johnny199r
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Uzbekistan
Exp:
Default

I’ve been positive for around a week. I still have endless snot coming out of my nose and a bad cough that won’t go away. That’s it. I just need those things to stop. I have nothing else.
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
covid

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:26 AM.

Calgary Flames
2022-23




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2021