Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2022, 02:59 PM   #3921
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I dont see Fuzz's name on the the 'War Bridge's' donation list.
I've already designed a mini one for Confederation Park! How many bridges have you designed? ZERO!

Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2022, 03:05 PM   #3922
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Is the Stoney Trail Bow River bridge construction project the slowest bridge build in the history of Western Civilization?
Which project are you referring to? There are currently two of them. NW Stoney and SE Stoney both cross the Bow River and currently have bridges under construction. Probably a matter of perspective. For me it's the NW Stoney one that is going of forever, mainly because I take it every day. I've been through the SE project once I think so that one is just a blip on my radar.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 03:15 PM   #3923
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Which project are you referring to? There are currently two of them. NW Stoney and SE Stoney both cross the Bow River and currently have bridges under construction. Probably a matter of perspective. For me it's the NW Stoney one that is going of forever, mainly because I take it every day. I've been through the SE project once I think so that one is just a blip on my radar.
The SE one. I feel like it's been going on for at least a few years now.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 03:17 PM   #3924
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I've already designed a mini one for Confederation Park! How many bridges have you designed? ZERO!

Where is the donation Fuzz?? We're starting a movement here!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 03:21 PM   #3925
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That looks permanent, I don't think it is moveable

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 03:22 PM   #3926
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Presumably Fuzz was paid millions of dollars to design that Confederation Park bridge too, he clearly has the money to donate.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 03:22 PM   #3927
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
SE is on year 1.5 maybe year 2. It’s moving along quite nicely.

Your missing that they built a new bridge for the new lanes, then, built the rest of the Ring road and the McLeod trail interchange then have gone back to demolish the old bridge and build a new one in its place.

This last demo and rebuild has been moving pretty quickly and I think is done by end of summer.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 03:27 PM   #3928
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Will you consider building the War Bridge out of clay?
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 11:35 PM   #3929
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

There's a trend in frozen fries to basically add a cheap batter to the cheapest shoestring style fry around and call it crispy fries. They also add "ready in 9 minutes" or whatever. They've become super popular.

Who cares about that in the grocery store though, my gear grinder is that sooo many pubs and restaurants have moved away from proper, big pub style fries and just use these gimmicky, "crispy", thin fries, because they're way cheaper and quicker to cook.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2022, 11:37 PM   #3930
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Cavandish makes some of the worst, cheap tasting (and costing) frozen fries around and you can totally tell which pubs and restaurants use them. They make these super size bags that are sold at Superstore and Costco and you just know restaurant/pub owners see those and realize it's more cost effective than whatever proper supply chain fries they were buying from Sysco or wherever.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 01:00 AM   #3931
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like the superstore brand spicy fries, or, these cavendish:

White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 06:45 AM   #3932
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

What? Cavendish have the best grocery store fries(better than McCain), and most of them don't have any sort of batter. I couldn't eat them if they did. The pub fries are great for poutine, and I love the shoestring ones.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2022, 07:44 AM   #3933
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Is the Stoney Trail Bow River bridge construction project the slowest bridge build in the history of Western Civilization?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
SE is on year 1.5 maybe year 2. It’s moving along quite nicely.

Your missing that they built a new bridge for the new lanes, then, built the rest of the Ring road and the McLeod trail interchange then have gone back to demolish the old bridge and build a new one in its place.

This last demo and rebuild has been moving pretty quickly and I think is done by end of summer.
Suspicions confirmed, NW bridge project has been going on way longer. I looked at the websites for both projects. SE Stoney started Spring 2021 so is about 18 months into the project. NW Stoney started in Spring 2019 so is three years into the project.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 08:56 AM   #3934
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have been trying for 6 years to get an HVAC 'guy' in to look at my house furnace with no luck, as the job is too small for them to consider (I get that, but I'm annoyed by it all the same).

Today, I had a duct cleaning guy in to do an assessment. I grumbled about the problem (the furnace was so, so loud) and he told me he could fix most of it right away and would do so for free.

It took him all of 30 seconds, and he cut the noise by about 2/3rds.

GMG that I put up with such a small problem for so long, but MMH that it was such a quick, easy fix and is now mostly fixed.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 08:59 AM   #3935
keratosis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

And the fix was????

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
keratosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 09:24 AM   #3936
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keratosis View Post
And the fix was????
There was some kind of vent or flange on the back of it (where I couldn't see) that was open and shouldn't have been. So he closed that, and cut the noise dramatically.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 10:25 AM   #3937
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Cavandish makes some of the worst, cheap tasting (and costing) frozen fries around and you can totally tell which pubs and restaurants use them. They make these super size bags that are sold at Superstore and Costco and you just know restaurant/pub owners see those and realize it's more cost effective than whatever proper supply chain fries they were buying from Sysco or wherever.
That's probably an "issue" with them baking the fries poorly vs actually using a deep fryer on them.

Cavendish fries at home are awesome. Especially if you use an air fryer to make the outside crunchy and the inside is still soft.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2022, 10:51 AM   #3938
saillias
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The trope to complain about "60 minute effort" after wins, like last night Flames game. You go up 3-0 on 7 shots. Who do you think is going to control play in the 2nd period? Who is probably going to end up with more shots? Who will have more urgency? But you get these comments postgame "ah I wish we'd have a full 60 minute effort. sloppy! getting outshot bad!" No genius, those are score effects. The game was an ass kicking.

The ideal "60 minute effort" people think exists: some sort of start to finish dominance where your team defies psychology by continuing to apply pressure after scoring more goals, doesn't make any mistakes, the other team never gets momentum, never has any sustained zone time & doesn't score any goals. You might get 2 games like that all year, against lottery teams that have given up and have 10 injuries.
saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to saillias For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2022, 11:13 AM   #3939
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Compliments steak cut fries. Nothing else.
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2022, 02:48 PM   #3940
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Everything "Rogers" ####ing sucks. I hate Rogers, the company, the family, the brand, their ####ty customer service. All of it.

I cancelled my service earlier this year after the outage fiasco and now today, get a bunch of emails that they have signed up a new customer under my email. Idiots.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote