Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: If you could vote on Super Tuesday who would you vote for?
Joe Biden 35 16.43%
Michael Bloomberg 14 6.57%
Pete Buttigieg 18 8.45%
Amy Klobucher 9 4.23%
Bernie Sanders 102 47.89%
Elizabeth Warren 23 10.80%
Other 12 5.63%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2019, 06:36 PM   #381
HockeyIlliterate
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
It's still a dodge. And the answer is, "if your taxes go up and your premiums go down a heck of a lot more, you're better off. And under my plan, you'll be better off". Not that hard.
No candidate wants to give a response that can edited into a sound bite of “your taxes go up.”
HockeyIlliterate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HockeyIlliterate For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2019, 06:39 PM   #382
tripin_billie
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Castro out with the knives tonight!
tripin_billie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 06:39 PM   #383
HockeyIlliterate
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I have say, I really do not like Biden.

Surely, he is leading in the polls based on name recognition alone. But he’s mentally shaky, prickly, and, well, out of touch.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HockeyIlliterate For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2019, 06:40 PM   #384
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Castro's in last. He has to be tonight's version of Tulsi Gabbard. He doesn't come across as sincere or likable and I don't think it'll work.

Weird Yang Quote 1: "I'm Asian, so I know a lot of doctors". Hahahaha.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 06:45 PM   #385
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

So the democrats are going to end racism? Seems like an empty promise to me.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2019, 06:47 PM   #386
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

"Hey Kamala. You used to have positions that you don't now? Why did you allow yourself to change your mind and not be a static thinker your entire life?"

####, I hate that question. People grow and change their mind when presented with new evidence. That's a good thing.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:47 PM   #387
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, reparations is an obvious loser of a policy in a general. Booker's got the right angle on it.

At least this is broader than just the top 3 now.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno

Last edited by CorsiHockeyLeague; 09-12-2019 at 06:50 PM.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:51 PM   #388
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Klobuchar looked visibly pissed at the question. Good response by her. Pretty comprehensive criminal justice plan.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:53 PM   #389
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Biden is better tonight than he has been, not just taking it and smiling, actually fighting back.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:57 PM   #390
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Biden is better tonight than he has been, not just taking it and smiling, actually fighting back.
Agreed. He just had a nice moment with Beto that made him look like a leader.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:59 PM   #391
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kamala has had a ton of speaking time, and has done very little good with it. "I've hugged a lot of moms of homicide victims"... are we keeping score? She just doesn't have it.

Also, check out the live speaking time. Yang getting by far the least speaking opportunity here.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...king-time.html
Old 09-12-2019, 07:01 PM   #392
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeesh, Beto tonight has come out for reparations and forcibly taking away guns. Basically, he seems to be saying, "hey, nominate me and watch us get our asses handed to us in a general election".
Old 09-12-2019, 07:01 PM   #393
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Beto just gave me chills. That's some strong anti-gun rhetoric. I think he has the right approach. Support for the NRA is dwindling quickly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2019, 07:02 PM   #394
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeesh, Beto tonight has come out for reparations and forcibly taking away guns. Basically, he seems to be saying, "hey, nominate me and watch us get our asses handed to us in a general election".
Reparations isn't the right issue. Gun violence is. It literally affects every American now, and pro-gun support is dwindling quickly. America wants change on guns ASAP.
Old 09-12-2019, 07:08 PM   #395
HockeyIlliterate
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

We need to go farther on the gun issue: repeal the 2nd amendment.

It is outdated and has no application in today’s society.

But, in the meantime, Beto has the right answer and approach.

I have my doubts that he will win the nomination, but maybe he could be a gun czar or something. His passion about the issue is too deep to go to waste.
Old 09-12-2019, 07:08 PM   #396
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Reparations isn't the right issue. Gun violence is. It literally affects every American now, and pro-gun support is dwindling quickly. America wants change on guns ASAP.
I agree, but I strongly doubt they will support the government actually taking guns. Background checks, AR15 bans, make it harder to buy certain weapons and ammo, lots of things that can get done. Taking away guns has been the NRA's boogeyman for years, and he's basically saying "yeah, the NRA is right, we are coming for your guns." Saying "well, it's only some of your guns" doesn't seem like a good policy to win states like Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.
Old 09-12-2019, 07:11 PM   #397
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I agree, but I strongly doubt they will support the government actually taking guns. Background checks, AR15 bans, make it harder to buy certain weapons and ammo, lots of things that can get done. Taking away guns has been the NRA's boogeyman for years, and he's basically saying "yeah, the NRA is right, we are coming for your guns." Saying "well, it's only some of your guns" doesn't seem like a good policy to win states like Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.
A buyback program is basically voluntary "take my guns away". I don't think it's the dealbreaker you think it is.
Old 09-12-2019, 07:13 PM   #398
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

There are a bunch of people who are for a buyback. He literally said he would support legislation to take away any firearm whose primary purpose and design is to kill other humans. Not a voluntary buyback. Now, I'm personally fine with that, but it's an absolute and total loser in a mainstream election, and almost certainly unconstitutional.

The clock is still ticking... over an hour since Andrew Yang was last given an opportunity to say anything.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2019, 07:31 PM   #399
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

I'm with Corsi.........you can't repeal the 2nd Amendment (although I'd be fine with it) or force people to give their guns back, you need to chip away at smaller things for now. Background checks, ban bump stocks, ban certain guns, etc. But don't get too carried away. Banning everything is a good way to lose this election. I know a lot of us want a lot of action right now, but for the Dems it has to be baby steps for now.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2019, 07:35 PM   #400
badradio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Warren and Sanders aren’t doing a very good job in relating that people won’t need or want private insurance if there is universal healthcare, and public health care won’t work well without the elimination of the private sector. The best and the brightest doctors most likely won’t be in the public sector. Baby steps I guess? But it seems like they’re setting themselves up for failure. It’s too bad more dems aren’t for universal care, but I understand they are trying to attract centrists.
badradio is offline   Reply With Quote